It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI links anti-war activists to terrorism; invading homes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

CHICAGO — A lawyer for a Chicago man says her client's home was among those raided by FBI agents as part of a terrorism investigation. Agents searched eight addresses in Minneapolis and Chicago on Friday. Warrants suggest they're looking for connections between local anti-war activists and terrorist groups in Colombia and the Middle East.

Link to article

I figured it was just a matter of time. Has the war on terror now become the war on American citizens; those who protest the illegal and, may I say, stupid war on terror?

"All of us have heard this term 'preventive war' since the earliest days of Hitler. I recall that is about the first time I heard it. In this day and time...I don't believe there is such a thing; and, frankly, I wouldn't even listen to anyone seriously that came in and talked about such a thing." --President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953, upon being presented with plans to wage preventive war to disarm Stalin's Soviet Union

"You and I are told increasingly that we have to choose between a left or right, but I would like to suggest that there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down -- up to man's age-old dream -- the ultimate in individual freedom consistent with law and order--or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism, and regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would trade our freedom for security have embarked on this downward course." - Reagan's Oct. 27, 1964, "A Time for Choosing" speech

edit on 24-9-2010 by againuntodust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
BOHICA America!

Orwellian America, at it's finest!!

I need an exit Mr. Wizard!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'm not sure if there was a precedent for this type of illegal entry, but it appears to be in force now.

Being anti-war is now reasonable cause to get your home raided. Having an opinion that there has been enough killing is now illegal. This very message I type could be as well? What exactly is the scope?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Playing Devils advocate for a moment...

This is a statement from a defense attorney about a client. It is entirely possible that the FBI had information that could suggest more of a reason for search than simply people being "anti-war".

One would have to wait for a trial, if one occurs, to see the actual probable cause for the search.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm gonna say this now that i am anti-war , anti-evil , anti-nwo , and am pro-life , pro-peace , pro-freedom , pro-choice . Is the FBI gonna raid my home for having an opinion seriously are they that paranoid ?

Unless there is a serious threat then i understand this happening but if not then its just stupid and totally like George Orwell and Aldous Huxley visions of the world to come .

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Dissent from government is now a crime against the state, just as it was in the USSR, though at least the Russians and other Bloc citizens knew that they weren't free. Sadly, until they come for you, most Americans will stay under the illusion that they still live in a free state, focused on liberty. Unfortunately, Americans don't even know what liberty is, as we have never gotten a taste of it and we have been indoctrinated to define liberty as what we have. Most Americans don't even think twice at allowing government to make our choices for us and in fact, we try to deligate as many choices as possible to government, almost as if government is living our lives for us, in complete control. Scary, I know.

Now, it is becoming illegal to even question the state and that is the most clear sign that tyranny and authoritarianism has already infested government. No longer are we in danger of becoming an authoritarian state, we are already there, knee deep, only we are in some drunken stupor and so can't even see it for what it is, which makes it all the more dangerous. Again, we aren't in danger of losing our freedom, it's already gone.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
What ever happened to that massive left-wing conspiracy...? Oh yeah, that whole notion is absolute BS.

Left-wing radicals/activists always have and always will be targeted by TPTB so long as TPTB exist.

This is just further proof that, even during an administration where an angry mob of faux-populist, quasi-fascist, right-wing useful idiots is claiming a radical left-wing takeover, the establishment still doesn't sleep on EXTINGUISHING the real left-wing revolution.

MAKE NO MISTAKE- our government is too far to the authoritarian right and gives no credence to either 'wing' beyond political/economic expediency. When the proles threaten the state or the Capitalist framework, they will be targeted by that framework like a disease to it. But when the entire framework is a poison/disease in and of itself, the radical/revolutionary is actually the antidote and the cure.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Not surprised.. Was only a matter of time until they started going after anyone who dare question the propaganda that they feed the american public... Damn glad I got out years ago.. Saw it coming long ago..

top topics

join