It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 human kind finest year is almost upon us

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

History isn't on their side... carn the saints!

What history??
Saints have one lousy flag...Where's the history in that??

lol, big day though, I hope I'm still sober at the opening bounce...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

25 grand final losses....

GetRadNZ: Jupiter is also a gas planet, a bit hard to inhabit a gas planet methinks...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by CynicalM

25 grand final losses....

GetRadNZ: Jupiter is also a gas planet, a bit hard to inhabit a gas planet methinks...

And you still believe in this sciens? the same one that tells you E.T are not real? The same one who back engineered Flying Disc out of this world? The same one who wants to put an RFID chip in you? The same one who poisons our food and water? The same one who invented the cell phone and games to keep your mined off God? The same one who invented H1N1 vaccine flue shots? sad.

edit on 24-9-2010 by BIONICLE ALEX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Where is your evidence that Jupiter is a gas planet? have you been to Jupiter? have any of us been to Jupiter? again, we are relying on the information given to us by the same people whom we say everyday is working to conspire against us and the whole of humanity. Anything has to be treated as a possibility until we eventually find out for ourselves.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BIONICLE ALEX

Show me this science that says extra terrestrials are not real.

As far as I'm aware, most scientists are open to the possibility of other non-terrestrial life out there.

If you dislike science so much, perhaps you should get off the chair that science built, turn off the computer that science created and burn down your house, because science created that too.

Oh, wicked, bad, naughty evil science! Oh, it is bad, and must pay the penalty!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Show me this science that says extra terrestrials are not real.

As far as I'm aware, most scientists are open to the possibility of other non-terrestrial life out there.

If you dislike science so much, perhaps you should get off the chair that science built, turn off the computer that science created and burn down your house, because science created that too.

Oh, wicked, bad, naughty evil science! Oh, it is bad, and must pay the penalty!

Like I said befor, you are a sad person to listen too, and I jope one day "soon" you will open your eyes befor is to late.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

A spanking! A spanking!

Anyway, bring on 2011. Then I can get the job I've always wanted - transporting grain and robots between Lave and Leesti.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
We can't blame science.
We can only blame the ones who know the truth, but are just playing us like puppets.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

144,000 humans, huh? I thought that number seemed suspiciously familiar.....and, sure enough, I was right:

Witnesses also have a slightly different view of heaven than mainstream Christianity. Based on their reading of prophetic books like Daniel and Revelation, Jehovah's Witnesses believe that only 144,000 people will go to heaven to rule with God and Jesus. The remainder of the righteous will enjoy paradise on earth - a restored Garden of Eden in which there is no sickness, old age, death or unhappiness....

Religion Facts: Beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses

I have little regard for cults. Tolerance is one thing, and trying to respect others for their beliefs; BUT some groups just cross the line. A personal failing of mine, perhaps, being intolerant of these sorts of people....however, when considering certain past events involving other cults (IE, Jim Jones, Heaven's Gate, etc....), any and ALL cults, to my mind, should be considered dangerous and mind-warping aberrations.

JW people are creepier (if that's possible) in some ways than $cientologists. BECAUSE of the "knock on your door" crap they pull. Mormons, almost as bad....but riding around on bicycles in their white shirts and name tags, at least they aren't interrupting people in their own homes.

Seeing certain members' continued references to "Jehovah" and the "144,000 people" and that junk finally clicked....and, I certainly hope that their posting here (in what is amounting to a sort of "preaching") isn't going ot adversely influence the gullible who may come along and read it.... :shk:

BTW...isn't it odd that (according to some historical records) the uttering of the name of the "lord" (jehovah) was once considered BLASPHEMY!?! And, the punishment was death, by stoning. We don't have any visual records of such events from ancient times....but there IS this re-creation to depcit it....

It's all just SO silly, innnit??

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Your distrust of mainstream science is somewhat paranoid.

Not all scientists are – or were, in this instance – against the possibility of ET life.

As to Jupiter (though that is not the subject of this thread); ever read about Carl Sagan’s take on that?

There has been much speculation that any life on Jupiter, or on other gas giants, might be ammonia-based life. The possibility of "abundant biota" in the upper regions of Jupiter's atmosphere was considered in a 1976 paper by Carl Sagan and Edwin E. Salpeter1, three years after the fly-by of the first Jupiter probe, Pioneer 10. Sagan and Salpeter compared the ecology of the Jovian atmosphere with that of terrestrial seas which have simple photosynthetic plankton at the top level, fish at lower levels feeding on these creatures, and marine predators which hunt the fish. The three hypothetical Jovian equivalents of these organisms, Sagan and Salpeter termed "sinkers", "floaters", and "hunters".

www.daviddarling.info...

Forward thinking scientists are, more than ever, open to the subject of non terrestrial life.

They are not all evil in there intent.

Many are working towards trying to discover life beyond our planet.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Who are conspiring against all of humanity?

NASA? ESA? JAXA? The thousands of astrophysicists?, astronomers?, or the guy who cleans the toilets at the JPL?

Seriously, using this logic, there could be a little monkey inside my laptop that makes it work with magical potions made by the blood of a unicorn.

Jupiter is a gas giant.

Thousands, no, hundreds of thousands of people who have absolutely no connection to any government or any other kind of possible conspiring groups agree that Jupiter is a gas giant.

Probes sent to Jupiter by multiple groups (not just NASA) all agree on the data compiled by these probes.

But no, all these people are conspiring against humanity and you are onto their game!

Well I'm glad someone is switched on round here!

When you write a thousand peer reviewed papers proving that Jupiter is not a gas giant planet, let me know.

edit on 24/9/10 by Chadwickus because: (reason classified)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I agree with you. The worst thing is that on a forum you can't slam the door in their faces.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 24/9/2010 by MarrsAttax because: added link to black books episode, just for fun

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Carl Sagans view is a little hard to believe, I can't imagine an intelligent creature the size of a city living beneath the surface of those seas. The amount of energy needed to carry out it's life processes ( if the same as life here on earth) would be incredible. Although I'm not denying the possiblility of a city sized creature and balloon creatures. Sounds awesome.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

144,000 humans, huh? I thought that number seemed suspiciously familiar.....and, sure enough, I was right

I’m not sure if smokingman2006 is trying to peddle mainstream religious dogma, in fact, I doubt it very much.

His previous messages have been, as far as I’m concerned, amalgams of several different UFO related subjects; almost as if he was new to the field of Ufology and it had such an impact that he developed new-found beliefs that coalesced into a mythology that gave vent to his obviously very real concerns about the planet.

But that is purely my own opinion and not intended to be a slur of any kind.

Oh, and he’s not the messiah…he’s a very naughty boy.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GetRadNZ

Carl Sagans view is a little hard to believe, I can't imagine an intelligent creature the size of a city living beneath the surface of those seas.

Is it harder to believe Carl Sagan, or smokingman2006?

Yes, it is hard to picture such a vast life form living within the Jovian atmosphere, but it is not beyond reason.

After all, we are not at the end of our long search for the knowledge of all things, are we?

In fact, I think we’ve barely begun.

Sagan’s creatures may not be real – but, then again, there may well be biological entities out there that are far more extreme than he ever imagined.

The fun thing is in surmising just what they may be like, based on known science.

The beings that smokingman2006 said he encountered in previous threads may not be real either – but who’s to say there aren’t other humanoid civilizations separate tours?

The fun thing is in surmising just what made “them” change their minds about letting us get whacked by a rogue brown dwarf, based on what he told us.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Jupiter is a gas giant.

Thousands, no, hundreds of thousands of people who have absolutely no connection to any government or any other kind of possible conspiring groups agree that Jupiter is a gas giant.

Probes sent to Jupiter by multiple groups (not just NASA) all agree on the data compiled by these probes.

But no.

I am not talking about hundreds of thousands of people Chad, I am talking about you, personally. How do you, personlly know that Jupiter is a gas giant? wheres your information come from?

Peace

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

To be honest i think it's just what i want to believe.
It's all in the mind at the moment.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GetRadNZ

To be honest i think it's just what i want to believe.

And there’s nothing wrong with believing something you feel comfortable with.

Just make sure that it doesn’t let you down, that’s all.

It's all in the mind at the moment.

And that could well be the encapsulated subtext of this thread.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I flew there on a galaxy class inter-dimensional light ship, commanded by the daring but polite Ashtar commander, Zog.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I know that i am just another generic string of binary codes on this forum but here is my take on this subject (i've FELT this way (albeit in a much more basic and general way) since i was a child.

1. ENOUGH of us will come to the conclusion that WE'VE GOT TO LIVE TO OUR GREATEST GOOD 100% of the TIME. the resulting society would be one of absolute peace and prosparity.

OR

2. The corruption, hypocrisy, slavery, violence, etc. will run rampant and people will remain willfully ignorant to what HAS happened all around them, ( i say HAS because in my opinion we are already slaves, and your shackles are your currency) AND THE UNIVERSE which is the ULTIMATE representation for the scales of BALANCE, will wipe the slate clean here on earth, ONLY for it to be attempted AGAIN.

I have felt this way ever since i have had an understanding of the general concepts involved in describing my thoughts.

Why have i always FELT (not thought) these are the pathways that humanity can take?

THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL

how else could a small child with NO advanced knowledge of the concepts in question FORM SUCH AN OPINION!?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join