It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much time is left?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I know I'm probably gona catch some flak for this, but I personally believe something of significance that will have profound effects on how we will live will happen soon. The more I look around it seems to me the boiling point will be reached soon. I am asking this as a serious question, "How much time do you think we have left?"

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

I'm not sure, america?... but it feels as though somethings gotta pop here soon.... that's the feeling I have anyway.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
maybe something is going to happen to you, instead of "everybody" ... so, be careful

edit on 23/9/10 by Faiol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

one hour, nine minutes and 30 seconds. mark at post.

make the most of it, good luck.

Of course, my calculations could be off

America?,
Depends upon what time is, and what happens when it ends, I think.

peace,
ET

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

Same here I can't shake the feeling as of late.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
you have as much time as "you" have left.... could be tomorrow could be 80 years, i'm sure other people will live through it though......

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well you ran off from my thread just now to start this one (no flack intented, lol), and yet I see this thread and mine closely related. :I was so happy to see you posting and was hoping YOU might have some insight to the phenomena of time and how close we may be to seeing it change so significantly so as to call it a shifting of dimensions which is personally my take on it...

Come back!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I truly understand your feelings....I need to add that we need to keep making plans for the future like everything is alright...Or we will begin to have mental problems...

With that said :

Live everyday like its your last...It might be!

Peace!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

edit on 23-9-2010 by PsychNurse because: unedumakated (mispelled)

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! (gasp) AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I love this site... Good times! Why in the hell would you come here to ask how long you have left? Go rent "Final Destination."

edit on 23-9-2010 by PsychNurse because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/24/2010 by defcon5 because: Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'm open to many possibilities of what will happen, but I am leaning more towards riots, anarchy, war, natural disasters and am wondering when I should light a fire under my butt and start stocking up on supplies. Naturaly I thought I would ask the ATS community and get their opinions.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
[Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]

Why wait? stock up now build a bomb shelter and go live in it for the next 50 yrs then you'll be prepared if the shtf or not.....

edit on 9/24/2010 by defcon5 because: Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

I definetly would if I had the means to.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Personally, I believe I have about 20 years left in this meatsuit I am currently wearing, barring any unforeseen incident.

But, overall, I estimate I have all the time that remains, well, in forever. Give or take a few gooberseconds.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'd be willing to bet that your feelings are shared by many of the people on this board. I'd also wager that those feelings are part of the reason so many people visit this site on a daily basis. Everyday we immerse ourselves in bad news, and at times you feel like you're about to lose your sanity. It's like looking up at the sky on a windy day.

"Too many clouds," we say, "there are just too many clouds in the sky, it HAS to rain soon."

The problem is, people who have been members here for much longer than you and I have seen other troubling times come and go without a major change. We can hope for an event that evens the playing field again, but speculating when gets us nowhere.

It's a shame too, I think we could use a good thunderstorm.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TeddiRevolution

I know that just asking the question and thinking about it I wouldn't totally be caught off guard and was wondering if there was someone sort of analyzing the situation and had a ballpark estimate.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore

I'm not sure, America?... but it feels as though somethings gotta pop here soon.... that's the feeling I have anyway.

I would be tremendously surprised that anything will happen. What's happening with 9-11? What will America wait for if we haven't done anything bout THAT??? No disrespect to ya, my friend, you're dreaming.

The last time, as I remember, anyone had the guts in the USA to fight for an American cause (other than the lies of war) were those in South Central LA. Right or wrong, they put it out!

Those, who while in Vietnam refused certain orders. That's guts!

Unfortunately, few Americans think out of the box. They are afraid of what people will say & consequences, still. When a country has an uprising, they call it savage. Well, folks, pay the consequences. Our American Order is seen as weakness by the powers that be. So, here we are in our own fine mess!

Short story: 1960s, Caracas, Venezuela. City Municipality wanted to place parking meters in a city which was extremely compressed, full of cars. People said "NO". The Municipality saw fit to continue with the project and installed the meters. I think it was that same night, THE PEOPLE showed up with tools and removed them. Whether it was right or wrong, it was a matter of principle. People did not want meters.

HOW CAN IT COST MORE THAN THE MEDIAN INCOME IN THE USA TO KEEP A PRISIONER? WHAT DOES A PRISIONER NEED CABLE TV FOR? AIR CONDITIONING? SORRY, UNTIL EVERY AMERICAN CAN AFFORD THOSE LUXURIES.........I THINK THAT A PRISION BUDGET SHOULD BE PAR WITH THE POOR OR THE STANDARD OUR SOLDIERS HAVE TO EXPERIENCE IN THE DESERT. TO ME, THEY ARE THERE TO PAY A DEBT TO SOCIETY. (caps just for emphasis, not shouting)

Anyone remember Hammurabi's Code? It reduces life to the simplest of laws. "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. "The RHETORIC created in the name of Religion and Human Rights is just a smoke screen to capitlize on the ignorance of the majority.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The way I understand it we have at least a trillion years left.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RomanticWildFire

I agree that nobody is going to actually get coordinated anytime soon and do something like tell them enough is enough, I am open to a wide range of possibilities, like yellowstone erupting (if it has the potential?),economic collapse, devestation from natural disasters, world war 3, Martial Law.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by xiphias
The way I understand it we have at least a trillion years left.

Exactly!! The thing is that WE ALL need to continue on doing as we have done because NOTHING is going to change in time to save any of us. For exlample, I am in poor financial health. Will anything happen to 'save' me. NO, time to keep going on.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
We have more time left now than we did last year. Go figure.

Update 14 January 2010: The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists has moved the minute hand of the Doomsday Clock back from five to six minutes to midnight, not quite seven as we guessed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join