It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Bibles Burned in Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

OK let's forget about religion for one second.

Let's look at the Western ideology, not religion, the Western society.

A lot of rape occurs, do you think the Westerns should condemn rape over and over and over again?

They can't, they will be exhausted, there is no point in condemning it if the law is already against it, and the Western ideology is against it. The fact of the matter is, condemning rape, won't stop rape, it will continue, the root cause of rape lies somewhere else, we have to take that in to consideration.

The same goes for Muslims, they can't keep condemning these people, because they see that Islam is already against them, and the Islamic law. That being said, condemning them won't solve the issue, taking the root cause of the problem in to consideration will solve the issue, hence the US foreign policy.

edit on 23-9-2010 by oozyism because: Added a little more

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Please provide a link to the Genocide part of the charter.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
When someone said "hey let's burn a few Qur'ans" the whole world ran to stop it.

When some guys from other country say "hey lets burn a few Bibles", nobody cares....we even say "so what?"

My conclusion, the world FEARS MUSLIMS.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
When will the Muslim Community rise up and clean their own house?

When did their actions and behaviors become my personal responsibility, and why are my tax dollars spent on it? When did I become responsible for what billions of people do on the opposite side of the planet?

They burn a hundred bibles, we print 101 more, no problem. The only true innocent victims here are the trees, in my opinion.

Out of all the problems facing this planet, who is burning what books should not be a priority, rather it is just a reflection of how some think others should be an extension of their wills and their agendas.

As for terrorist acts .... who is responsible for spreading and promoting the fear terrorism depends upon to survive, if not those who are proponents of fear (noun) or of fear (verb) and advocates of solicitude.

ovis aries,
ET

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

taking the root cause of the problem in to consideration will solve the issue, hence the US foreign policy.

so the Bible is a creation of the US...that's why the burned it...humm, interesting.

so when in the US someone was willing to burn Qu'rans...was that the fault of the Iraq or Middle East foreign policies?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by metalpr

You are completely confused lol..

We are talking about terrorism, not the bible burning.

I already said those who burned it are hypocrites, if they are Muslims. I said they need a PIMP slap, to teach them a lesson.

For Muslims, burning the Bible is no different than burning the Quran, because they believe both are the words of GOD.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I'm with you 100%.....I'm not religious but spiritual.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

reply to post by metalpr

You are completely confused lol..

We are talking about terrorism, not the bible burning.

I already said those who burned it are hypocrites, if they are Muslims. I said they need a PIMP slap, to teach them a lesson.

For Muslims, burning the Bible is no different than burning the Quran, because they believe both are the words of GOD.

I got your point, but mine is that the world reacts very different when burning Qur'ans than Bibles...this action has demonstrated it.

The world fears Muslims and that's evident.
I don't fear Muslims... I've had great experiences with them and to me they seems to be very kind and traditional people (the Muslims I've met in America), but I think the mainstream media and the powers that control it has a big part on this, not that much the US foreign policies.

Christians came to america, raped, killed, slaved and stoled all over the continent and nobody fear Christians in this continent or Europe.

The fear for Muslims is created.
IMHO mainstream media has all the fault...if they report what really happens and not what they want us to believe, things would be different, and the world would fear what really deserved to be feared.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by metalpr

Maybe the media wants to portray Muslims as the bad guy, as evidence of your conclusion to this news.

Why hasn't the MSM picked up on it>? You conclusion is that MSM fears Muslims? If that was true, the MSM wouldn't have picked on the Quran burning story, seeking a reaction from Muslims to once again make them look like the bad guy.

I want to see the MSM pick this up, why haven't they, maybe you should contact them

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
well, where do I join? I will remember to bring on other books too ... this manipulation era has to end

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

reply to post by metalpr

Maybe the media wants to portray Muslims as the bad guy, as evidence of your conclusion to this news.

Why hasn't the MSM picked up on it>? You conclusion is that MSM fears Muslims? If that was true, the MSM wouldn't have picked on the Quran burning story, seeking a reaction from Muslims to once again make them look like the bad guy.

I want to see the MSM pick this up, why haven't they, maybe you should contact them

I don't think MSM fears Muslims at all, I'm sure they know better than that.
Why hasn't the MSM picked up on it? because MSM don't say to Muslims, Christian will riot all over the world if they do that.

this is the main idea of the MSM's story line:
"If you burn Qur'ans the whole Muslim world will riot and they'll burn entire cities and there will be protest and destabilization all over the world, they will declare jihad on us and there will be terrorist attacks all over the world".

Even the president the US reacted and "asked" not to do it....please DON'T DARE TO DO THAT FOR THE SAKE OF ALL OF US.

he could say: "this is a free country, if you can burn a USA flag, you can burn a Qur'an too, that's a right everybody has"

VS

"ohh, yeah, few guys in Iraq burned some bibles, but that's ok...the Christians are peaceful people and there'll be no problem with that, they won't riot and they won't burn entire cities and there will be no protest or destabilization all over the world for that, they won't declare a religious war on Muslims and there will be no terrorist attacks all over the world... THEY WON'T ACT AS MUSLIMS WOULD".

so there's no need to pick up that story.

by not picking this story as they did with the Qur'an, they're sending a message too, "Christians are the peaceful guys".
so again, if the Christians are the peaceful guys, who are the bad guys?...see message ?

edit on 23-9-2010 by metalpr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

I was just being funny, you took it the wrong way.. and don't ever call someone a liar unless you can prove it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97de6e92b8a3.jpg[/atsimg]

This item is here Click.

See..

If you people haven't been paying attention I don't care who burns what, they are only books and if it makes them feel better about burning a book then let them do it.. It is not killing you because they are burning a book..

Anyway...............

edit on 9/23/2010 by ThichHeaded because: Added link and fixed image.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Six Charged In England With Koran Burning

"Our community is one of mutual respect"

see what I say?

Upi.com

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
reply to post by Curiousisall

I was just being funny, you took it the wrong way.. and don't ever call someone a liar unless you can prove it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97de6e92b8a3.jpg[/atsimg]

This item is here Click.

See..

If you people haven't been paying attention I don't care who burns what, they are only books and if it makes them feel better about burning a book then let them do it.. It is not killing you because they are burning a book..

Anyway...............

edit on 9/23/2010 by ThichHeaded because: Added link and fixed image.

great contribution!!!! S&F!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

We need to get beyond this, if you burn mine, I'll burn yours nonsense and you would think adults could do that. Instead the world continues to act like children, causing great suffering.

There simply is no reason that Christians, Jews, Hindu's, Buddhists, Muslims and all others can not coexist in peace, because we can.

I may be unrealistic, but I sleep at night.

Agreed.

The point is, in my opinion, if you know you're right, then why all the defensiveness and violence?

Get over it and let people do what they will do. I'm sure most religions, even if I don't agree with them, will teach something about patience and wisdom.

And what wisdom is there in acting like a 2-year old that doesn't get their way?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall
reply to post by badw0lf

It seems like you are missing the point. I thought the US has been busy claiming they are better than the type of people in the middle east that burn books. Higher expectations lead to higher criticism. There is one way to fix it. If the people in the US just admit that they are just as bad as most of the people they claim to be better than, then when they burn a Koran, no one will care anymore either. I would personally rather claim to be better than that and then actually live up to it.

Wait, No... I am not missing the point.

When will the Islamic people who froth at the mouth ad nauseum be denounced BY other Muslims in their countries for acting this way.

It is not about how 'WE' act. We barely peeped, but we peeped, when idiots wanted to burn the qur'an. But it was the islamic world calling for death.

No we have muslims burning bibles, but in that very same islamic world, there is nothing... nada..

Stop trying to make this about *US*. It's THEM. the so called majority, who sit idle when people criticise islam and let their fundamentalist brethren spew hate, who also sit idle while those same people make their own religion look bad.

I don't know about what they really believe, but if some freaks were constantly making what I believe look like a violent and abhorrent system, I'd sure not sit back and merely ignore it.

Again, it's not about OUR reaction to these events. It's about their double standards. One minute it's hellfire and eternal suffering to burn a qur'an... the next it's whistling widn if it's a bible being burnt. Them, not the West.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
A fragment of this news:

“For these reasons Christians have taken refuge at homes and congregate in home-style churches form small home-based churches. Even then, many of these Christians are harassed and often pursued by security agents and are arrested and detained. Many Christian leaders have been detained for long periods of time in undisclosed locations and often very expensive bails have to be posted to secure their freedom"

who are the bad guys then?
not the Christians according with the main idea of this paragraph, that's for sure.

edit on 23-9-2010 by metalpr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'm not going to say how another country should dictate themselves but in both the book burnings are childish in my opinion.... It's not the people are afraid of muslims it's just that when we burnt their holy book we turned it into a media circus and the guy was milking his 15 mins.... Ohhh I'm gonna burn it...errr maybe i'll burn it, wait i'll burn it and then burn something else with it..... It was sooo ridiculous that is the only reason I was against it....

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

OK let's forget about religion for one second.

Let's look at the Western ideology, not religion, the Western society.

A lot of rape occurs, do you think the Westerns should condemn rape over and over and over again?

If there is even a marginal amount of support for rape and it becomes owned by the west as a trait of the west in a wider world, then Yes. Obviously. Without hesitation.

Are there bookshops around with guides on how to effectively put a rohypnol in a womans drink, how best to hide it, how to avoid being caught?

Are there people who publicly express gratitude towards serial rapists, who say that these men are heroes?

You're setting a very slippery slope as a precedent, oozy...

Because all of the above has, and IS, occurring in western lands from the islamic perspective.

The same goes for Muslims, they can't keep condemning these people,

Perhaps a start would be nice?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by metalpr

Yes, I see the message, that is what I said in the previous post, that they want Muslims to react.

Obama came in, to add insult to the wound, to make the issue huge and on the front pages.

So I stand corrected, that they want Muslims to look like the bad guys, by making the story of Quran burning the front page throughout the Western world.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join