It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Bibles Burned in Iran

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

If there is even a marginal amount of support for rape and it becomes owned by the west as a trait of the west in a wider world, then Yes. Obviously. Without hesitation.

Are there bookshops around with guides on how to effectively put a rohypnol in a womans drink, how best to hide it, how to avoid being caught?

Are there people who publicly express gratitude towards serial rapists, who say that these men are heroes?

You're setting a very slippery slope as a precedent, oozy...

Because all of the above has, and IS, occurring in western lands from the islamic perspective.

Don't be a genius please.

A puny small minority of Muslims were happy with 9/11 attacks for political reason, the same reason Americans were happy when you guys dropped 2 atomic bombs in Japan.

The fact that you know about drugging a women's drink is enough that there are information in regards to rape, so please don't be a genius.

Perhaps a start would be nice?

Nope, perhaps you need to go and organize the biggest protest in USA to condemn rape, that would be a good start, to fight rape in your communities. Do you even know how many Americans get raped every years? Or does the MSM keep that hidden also

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by metalpr

Yes, I see the message, that is what I said in the previous post, that they want Muslims to react.

Obama came in, to add insult to the wound, to make the issue huge and on the front pages.

So I stand corrected, that they want Muslims to look like the bad guys, by making the story of Quran burning the front page throughout the Western world.

that's my point, yes the US policy is involved, but the most guilty is the MSM controlled by the TPTB and the story they want us to believe.

I bet a huge percent of the Muslims don't agree with this, but no News Media cares to go out there, interview a few of them and publish the story...it's not convenient for their already clear purposes.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I knew I felt a disturbance in the force.

Really though, do these Muslims even know that the Old Testament is contained within the Bible? Jesus, who they respect as a prophet, is in there as well, but they find the intelligent thing to do is burn his book? Not too smart. Not that I think God cares about book burning, but these people are clearing choosing their hate for people over the love for God.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

But they do. Google "Muslims againts terrorism." You will find many results, but it is not in the interests of either Fox or CNN to allow them on the air.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
No big deal the US military beat them to it they all ready burned bibles the Iranians were simply following the example from the military. For some reason there isnt that same outrage in the world for burning the bible. So i guess next time you need to start a bon fire pitch a couple of bibles in there no one cares but for god sakes dont throw the Koran in it or we might get another 9\11.

Ill apologize now my sarcasm is in full force today.

- Military personnel threw away, and ultimately burned, confiscated Bibles that were printed in the two most common Afghan languages amid concern they would be used to try to convert Afghans, a Defense Department spokesman said Tuesday.

Military burns unsolicited Bibles sent to Afghanistan

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Awesome! I have a couple of old Bibles sitting on my bookshelf. I'd be happy to give the Iranians my Bibles so they can burn them as well. Damn thing has caused more misery in this world then I care to contemplate.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I don't recall seeing an International uproar over this? Why is that?

Because it doesn't really matter which book you burn, burning books is something fearful people do.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Well that's not very nice.

For all they know, they just stole some Afghan's salvation from them before they had a chance.

Well, if God wants them, He'll get ahold of them.

Dang those guys for holding out, though.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I thought Jesus was a prophet to them. Guess He isn't.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
Awesome! I have a couple of old Bibles sitting on my bookshelf. I'd be happy to give the Iranians my Bibles so they can burn them as well. Damn thing has caused more misery in this world then I care to contemplate.

What happened? Did it fall on your head?

What can a book do to you? Humans aren't responsible for their own actions?

The irony is that those Bibles are still sitting on your book shelf... because I know you didn't waste all that money just to ship them already. That would be real misery.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
I thought Jesus was a prophet to them. Guess He isn't.

Only insofar as they claim that He is not all that He claims to be, but that He is a prophet and that the Bible is a holy book as well -- but don't believe He is the Son of God, even if He said so, He is just a wonderful prophet...

So we'll say you can like Jesus because He was a good guy, but a bold-faced liar.

It's political... they say, "We think Jesus was aight" so that others say, "Cool, so I don't have to reject Jesus as an awesome guy, just as Lord and Savior. Word. I like this religion."

It's basically a way of releasing their people from the guilt of waging war on others in the name of the Vengeful God instead of the Forgiving God.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I never understood what burning a book proves. A book is just a bunch of paper on it with a bunch of words in a certain order on the paper. To burn one is just a waste of resources and its not that great for the environment. Anyone who burns another mans holy book is just trying to get a rise out of a community and incite violence so they can prove a point that (insert special interest group, cause let's face it... all religions are special interest groups) is a violent ungodly people. Its all very childish.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

He Himself claimed to be of divine origin, and told His apostles He would die and rise and they would have to preach forgiveness of sins and that they did even to the point where they died horrible deaths. If He was a prophet of God, isn't lying a sin? Either He was a liar, insane, or was telling the truth. I don't understand how you could say He was a prophet, but a lying prophet.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalpr

reply to post by metalpr

Christians came to america, raped, killed, slaved and stoled all over the continent and nobody fear Christians in this continent or Europe.

The people that feared the christians were pretty much eliminated here in north america, they were wholesale slaughtered and labeled as savages and in south america wasnt the same performed there as well.
I agree that the media promotes and inflames the focus and hatred, but the media is a tool to do just that.
The media does 2 things well, entertain the masses directing the collective thinking in a chosen direction of position and distraction, and to fan the flames of fear.
There is no good news channel, and there are no cooperative news topics.
It's a poorly designed antique business model stuck in its own rut and there's no doubt that in my mind that its controlled and designed to be that way.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Hefficide

I think its time for Islam to clean up its own mess is what I'm trying to say here. Only they can fix this problem that is plaguing the world. The Middle East is the source of most of it. It's time for them to leave the Dark Ages behind.

If we don't have the courage to discuss this, how will it ever happen?

This is all part of the orchestrated script, and people are buying into it. The Iranian government is also part of the worldwide mafia, and is playing out its role as instructed by the Jsuit/Zionist/Communist mafia cabal.

The MSM spew out the propaganda, and the people swallow it up.

In Iran, the fascist state terror machine tortures and kills Iranian muslims every day. This is just another part of the macabre, evil pantomime.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Don't be a genius please.

No wonder you have a hat full of warns, oozy... Cheap shots get that...

*rolls eyes not even worth an emoticon*

A puny small minority of Muslims were happy with 9/11 attacks for political reason, the same reason Americans were happy when you guys dropped 2 atomic bombs in Japan.

Says you.. Oh but when you like it otherwise, you're happy to paint a broader brush on people. Great.

We know where you stand. We just wish you weren't so underhanded about it..

Terrorists one day, freedom fighters the net. Nasty people one day, Golly, who couldnt do that, the next..

You need to keep a colour and stick to it..

The fact that you know about drugging a women's drink is enough that there are information in regards to rape, so please don't be a genius.

Pathetic.. Even low for you oozy..

Perhaps a start would be nice?

Nope, perhaps you need to go and organize the biggest protest in USA to condemn rape, that would be a good start, to fight rape in your communities. Do you even know how many Americans get raped every years? Or does the MSM keep that hidden also

Why Oozy, I had no idea you considered islam and rape the same.. Wow.. *does that work? can I use your rules?*

you support terrorists admit it..

edit on 24/9/2010 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
I knew I felt a disturbance in the force.

Really though, do these Muslims even know that the Old Testament is contained within the Bible? Jesus, who they respect as a prophet, is in there as well, but they find the intelligent thing to do is burn his book? Not too smart. Not that I think God cares about book burning, but these people are clearing choosing their hate for people over the love for God.

Which is exactly what Postor Jones did.
2nd line

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I think I'll start printing and burning copies of the Protocols of Zion. Maybe the whole world can join in! Bet that wouldn't get mentioned in the MSM.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by TarzanBeta

He Himself claimed to be of divine origin, and told His apostles He would die and rise and they would have to preach forgiveness of sins and that they did even to the point where they died horrible deaths. If He was a prophet of God, isn't lying a sin? Either He was a liar, insane, or was telling the truth. I don't understand how you could say He was a prophet, but a lying prophet.

I never said He was a liar. Read my post again before responding.

There are others who think He is yet claim He is a prophet. WHO MIGHT THEY BE....

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
as an extreme metal musician I burn bibles and qurans and other holy books on stage as part of the show. And I have been doing it for decades.

This recent "controversy" just shows the hypocrisy of all religions. Islam is not above the rest of the world, even if they like to think so. It's a Neanderthal view of the world. Being religious in this era is like being and adult and fully believing in Santa Claus.

There will be another religious crusade/war in the near future. Everything is pointing to it.

But hopefully by then I have been abducted by aliens or something

Keep your religion private. When you start pushing it on others, is when you start getting problems.

Ban religion from politics to begin with.
In my opinion, being a religious politician is like being a pedophile working in a kinder-garden... Nothing good will come from it.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join