It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection. I made it through the door!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hello ATS. I had an interesting experience last night and wanted to share it with all of you. First a little background.

Within the past year I have moved and found myself in a work environment where 2 other folks are very interested in "alternative topics". This is the first time I have been in this situation and over this year timeframe we slowly form a bond of trust and get more confortable opening up to one another.

More recently, within the past few weeks we have been sharing certain interests in things such as paranormal and astral subject matter. I mentioned in a conversation that I had tried different techniques to achieve conscious astral projection and had failed. My friend (We will call him Bob).....said that he had been doing this for quite a while and gave me some ideas and different techniques to try and assured me that when the time was right that I would do it if I was still interested.

So that night I layed in bed, calmed my mind and began to try and apply the techniques he mentioned earlier. Bob had told me to form a hallway and place myself there. Then to picture a door at the end of the hallway and to then walk toward the door while concentrating on things like the muscles moving in my legs and the feel of the floor on my feet as I walked. Then to picture either my spiritual self or maybe a past life behind the door and open it to connect with that entity.

Of course I failed miserably. I had trouble forming the hallway and door together.... I could construct one and not the other. Oh well, try again....

A couple weeks of this and I was beginning to get frustrated, then last night I went to lay down at about 1am and first thought I was too tired to try tonight.... Then I decided to give it another go..

So I went through the motions, calmed my mind and started to try and form the door. Immediately a faint glowing blue door appeared before me (I am still conscious of laying in the bed) so instead of trying to form the hallway backward from the door I decide to just open it.

I was shocked to see a clear hallway before me with another door at the other end. This door had a yellow stained glass window in the top half of the door. So I started walking toward it and concentrated on my muscles in my legs and COULD FEEL THEM! Then I noticed the wall on the right side of the hall and could make out the definated gray glossy slate with black flecks in it.

I then began to get a little nervous because I could feel a strange sensation in my body lying on the bed and I jumped out of it. I cursed and immediately tried to return. I was successful and returned to the same spot and supressed the panic and continued to move forward.

As I approached the door I noticed a silloette of a figure on the other side of the glass. I thought of a past life standing there and opened the door and another shocker! Standing before me was a woman smiling at me looking me right in the eyes. She was im guessing mid to late 20s...plain looking (no makeup) with regular clothing (brown coat, blue striped shirt, scarf, cacky pants that seemed a tad too short) and she was just smiling at me. She was looking at me as if she was saying "You made it! Good job" like she was proud and showing her joy that I had made it to her.

I was shocked and taken back a little at this point. I wasnt expecting this figure to be here at all and I definately had the feeling that this was not my spiritual self or a past incarnation but someone else. Someone I had never met and did not know. I dont know why but I didnt say anything to her. I just walked past her on her left through the door and she turned with me and watched me smiling the whole time. I was still very confused but I kept going walked in and closed the door behind me. Darkness...

At this point I have no awareness of myself on the bed. All of a sudden I am standing facing a LARGE gray building ( 6-9 stories tall) with tinted office windows and gray concrete ledges all the way up. I look left 2 windows width and right the same and can see nothing but building beyond both ways beyond my focus. Then I look up and at the top of the building it curves to the roof. A distinct gradual curve. Another detail is there was no sky just blackness above. I then began floating up the side of the building (no sensation of flying) just my perspective going up and up and curving over the top and then SUCK BAM!! I feel the impact of myself flying back into my body on the bed and my eyes pop open. No sleepy feeling just CRACK (with a feeling internally if you know what I mean) and I am back in my bed.

I know this story isnt that impressive...no crazy fighting or running from demons or flying through space but I know I actually projected. So this is VERY exciting for me.

I would appreciate any insight or thoughts anyone with experience in astral projection has and if you have any suggestions on things I can try in the future or what to expect that would be awesome too!

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
That was cool. You're very brave. A lot of grey things there though, I find that spooky. And no sky? I'm sure you'll have another go. Keep us informed.

In the meantime let us know if you experience any prophetic dreams, hunches, coincidences, etc. Anything strange at all, however wee, post it here please.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATC_GOD
I then began to get a little nervous because I could feel a strange sensation in my body lying on the bed and I jumped out of it.

What was this strange sensation?

I would be interested to hear if it correlates to my own experiences of astral projection.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

It is a little hard to explain but was a tingling on and under the skin and a feeling of disconnection. The physical part of it was defiate tingling in the face and then waves down the body. That make sense?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
its not real! your just dreaming

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I dont have any sort of talents at all like that. Just an interest in strange phenomenon I guess.

One thing I will say is that I do seem to be able to read people well. Like when I first meet someone within the first few minutes I can tell what type of person they are, what there intentions are and how they are as a person. Or in situations I can generally figure out the intent of any given individual in the situation and find it easy to look at any given situation for a big picture understanding. Almost as if I can feel intent...its hard to explain..

My wife has commented on many occasions that I am very insightful.....

Thanks for your remarks.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Oh and my blood type is O negative. Not exactly sure why I am posting this, just felt compelled to..

edit on 23-9-2010 by ATC_GOD because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2010 by ATC_GOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ATC_GOD

You might not have any talents like that but in my experience when you go through the "doorway" you come back with a few of them. They'll most likely fade but I predict you'll have a cluster of them over the next couple of weeks. Let us know. I'm sure a lot of folk will be interested. Me definitely.

For example - Try a bit of dream incubation for a week. Ask a question before you drop off to sleep and see if you get an answer in your dream. Ask for tomorrows headlines even... you never know.

See this as another part of your experiment.

edit on 23-9-2010 by wigit because: eta

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Lol, mine is O neg too. And I had the urge to edit a message to add that earlier on. You starting to have coincidences already?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATC_GOD
It is a little hard to explain but was a tingling on and under the skin and a feeling of disconnection. The physical part of it was defiate tingling in the face and then waves down the body. That make sense?

I experienced a 'shuddering' feeling and it scared the life out of me!

It really was like how you would imagine it would be if your 'soul' was separating itself from your body. I was sufficiently spooked to knock the whole experiment on the head. This is why I find your thread interesting. It shows what could have happened if I had enough guts to go on with it myself.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Now that is really wierd. I will definately give your suggestions a try. Wow! Ya I walked away from the computer for a second and just thought out of no-where..'I have O negative blood and should post that" Then as Im typing it im thinking "Why am I posting this'? Thats pretty damned cool!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I wanted to make 13 paragraphs of "hahahahahaha" but I guess that would just be rude.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

Thats really wild because I have experienced this shuddering/tingling every single time and it was the same with me as well. It sent me into a panic and it came with a feeling of like my soul was leaving my body...like i was maybe dying or something. Then I would just give up and go to sleep kinda freaked out hoping that I could do it one time without that feeling. It kept happening each time though.

I dont know what made me keep going last night. Maybe it was the frustration mixed with determination of wanting to do it so bad.

Immediately after the experience I didnt really feel as elated as I thought I would... I actually just sighed and then rolled over and went to sleep. It wasnt until this morning and throughout the day that the excitement of what I had done really began to form. (As Im telling the story to one of my buddies at work). It just feels good to know that I did it. Which in my mind is a start, even though the experience wasnt that grand or exciting.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
awesome im really pleased for you, ive been trying nightly for the past week or so to project but to no avail

iknow it takes time but i would appreciate any pointers on what you do to project ( pm me if you want).

is everything crystal clear in your projection??
your eyes are closed right? ( mine be closed but i swear i can see my room vaugely)
what i wonder is it possible to project yourself into say your friends dream and mess them about?? or am i way of in the capabilities of astral projection. thank you for your thread and i hope to hear more from you.

peace.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ATC_GOD

I'm a die-hard skeptic regarding things relating to the metaphysical, but my experience of this honestly puzzled me.

Perhaps it was all psychological? Anyway, there are far better brains than mine on this website that can provide an answer to that - it seemed real to me.

Nice thread!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

Or you could type 13 paragraphs of a contribution....or even better..save that time and do some reasearch because you obviously havent a clue what this is about. And you obviously don't care about being rude.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Very, Very cool!... I remember my first astral experience and it's something you can't "explain" and you can't make somebody understand it who hasn't done it or doesn't believe in it...

The common feelings I get during or before is tingling, vertigo and a feeling as if my whole body is vibrating... By vibrating, I sorta mean like waves of energy or something are running though me... Anyway, my main feeling though is vertigo.

You're right though, you can definitely feel yourself pull out of yourself and slam back in... As I said, it's a feeling you can't explain and you'll probably find it easier from here on out since you've now "done it"....

Thanks for posting!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
OP id like to help you out but for some reason i feel that this is research that will be best done on your own. Letme just say that a great start is the book Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce. If i could pick only one thing to read on the entire subject, I think that would be it. Another great book is Adventures Beyond the Body by William Buhlman.

I haven't had the longest experience, but i've had ones short enough to experience the trueness of it. Flying and what not, but i'm far from the potential. I was very into it around a year ago, and then i thought to myself, how important is this right now? I felt that I could be using my time being at the moment on this earth studying something that could help benefit others. I kinda feel that practicing it too much is kindof like this, you waste your time on this earth checking out how its gonna b after, when your gonna be going their eventually anyway...you know? I felt that this can wait, and right now it is more important that I focus on studying material that can be used in this world and in my life, which also includes this, just not practicing it and studying it all the time like i used to.

Now of cource, there is the argument that it's all biological which is very valid considering the research done. However the research is VERY lacking and cannot explain many things, including concioussness which is one of the most important things in figuring out whether or not our "soul" is biological. I believe that our body is a vehicle, and is sort of a transmitter, our biological process being the connection. Now picture a radio, there are radio waves, UV rays, infrared waves, etc, all around. We cannot see this, but the minute you match your radio to the frequency say of 97.1..you get Hot 97 in NY. According to leading theories in science such as M-theory, this is how the universe works, out body's being the radio and the dimensions being the stations. Now if you practice astral projection, you understand the concept of raising your frequency to get out of your body, and then from their raise them to go into higher dimensions. Now I don't know about you guys, but i see an extreme connection between quantum physics, m-theory, and astral projection just as many other do. I saw a thread the other day on ATS that the pioneer of quantum physics, and the pioneer of the current model of the atom, were into the occult.

Now, withouth going on to much, this of cource can STILL be phsycological. We never know. But their is by far not enough imformation too support that as most skeptics would think. However, even if it is purely psychological, what do we have to lose? Mediation is scientifically proven beneficial to physical and mental health, and what harm could be done by taking control of your dreams? Let's say i'm wrong right, and it really isn't traveling out of your body. What's wrong with discovering a natural way to create your own realities and do things you've always dreamed of doing, bound by NOTHING including the laws of physics? Not only would it be extremely fun, but just by looking into it, wouldn't we gain a greater understanding on conciousness and psychology? I don't understand those that say "its a dream" and move on. OK? It may be, and it may be not, but since when did science reach its pinnacle, and since when can we draw conclusions when we know jack s***? We do not know enough about conciousness plain and simple, therefore we cannot draw a conclusion to the bigger picture.

I obiously have so much more to say, but sorry for my rant lol.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The door technique is very valuable. I haven't even been able to fully project yet, but back when I used to constantly try every single night, I had a large rectangular poster flag on my ceiling. I would stare into it and perceive it as a door as I reach to open it and go through. Unfortunately, that's as far as I got. It's extremely difficult for me..

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Just wanna write to you that i have to congrat and welcome you aboard the astral realms!
Yeah you got it!
But i also would like to make some suggestions and wanna give you some tips as i am doing this since about fifteen years now...
First i would like to invite you and your friends to my thread series "Your Spiritual Revolution". You can follow the parts by clicking on the roman numbers in my signature.
It deals with alot of spiritual issues. Not only with meditations or astral travel, but with the very core of all the technics that bind them together! Energy, will and visualisation!
I am sure you will find something in there, but let me tell you that the series has just started and there will follow many many more parts...(15 - 30 up?)

Ookay, now to your occasion:
I dont know why Bob told you about this way to start with astral travel, as there are much more easier ways to achieve it... When you read my latest part (Nr 7:Image+Will=Action) you will understand the basic law behind what you are doing there...
The picture of the hallway is a nice one as it includes the countdown- (relaxion-) phase and A(!) entry to astral planes...
BUT let me tell you that this is really a pic for advanced spirits. There are much more easier ones.
Also this hallway (plus many doors) is a way to get acces to the akasha chronicles. If you are deep enough you can use it for going back in time and acces the leftover astral energy prints from the past.
You can also use it to have an acces point to different astral planes (when you got the keys for them).
In the eleventh part (the next part comes at monday or tuesday and the next ones will follow shortly) i will deal with all of this so stay tuned...
(i would let this thread explode if i would write all of this now down... ahem and if i had the time now...
)
Okay, the girl you met, seems to me (and this was my strong feeling when i read it) to be a kind of "fake" spirit guide that has his job not done very well... ahem!
In those days there are so many bad intended entities on there ( and it seems to me that it is radically increasing the last years!) you have to be very careful what you are doing!
You have made the right (intuitive?) decision to leave and go back into your body!
Really many say that there are no dangers in traveling in astral levels but, i know what i am talking about, tho...
To be careful and have ideas of the right protections and the rules doesn´t seem to be a bad advice, no? And i think it is always better to be prepared (for expl.: survival, sex, astral...) than just doing it and get ill or hurt (or get pregnant...
) by it...

Yeah, the astral realms are even much more filled with "illegal" or "bad intended" entities than the internet in its first years! I mean it is a even less controlable place for (system loving) humans...
...imagine one day there are astral officers giving you a bill for flying too quick... :lol

Joke beside,
your second "vision" disturbs me a little... Really i have never heard of someone to get this grey image... But it seems to me to be a bad place, really...
In the moment i cannot make out what this was, but i would give you the advice not to enter it or to interact with their entities/projections...

Oh and by the way i am 0 neg, too... Maybe you are onto something? nah...

So, i send you
Peace love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim

edit on 23-9-2010 by JimIrie because: change s.th.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join