It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Twin Phenomenon.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Twins. Seriously. What da arf. What a strange occurance yeah?

Just in case you don't know what I am talking about, I am talking about identical human twins in particular. Do you find it as fascinating as me?

It is probably because I happen to know a pair of identical twins very well, and it is super strange and intriguing. They look exactly alike.

This pair of twins have shared some of their stories with me, and I want to share them with you. They talked about how when they were young, they would play a game called "mirror," where they would imitate each other. They would also stare into each other's eyes. How trippy is that!!??

My favorite aspect about twins that they shared with me is how they have a super intense bond with each other. Let me give a couple examples.

If one has a headache on her right side, the other will have a headache on her left side.

If one has a sore tummy, the other will have a sore tummy.

The most recent one was one hurt her back on her left side, and the other hurt her ribs on her right side.

I find it to be such an awesome thing that they share an almost psychic bond with each other.

Yup.

So now, as usual with my threads, I crave your input on the topic at hand.

Thank you in advance!!!

-SES

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
Twins. Seriously. What da arf. What a strange occurance yeah?

Just in case you don't know what I am talking about, I am talking about identical human twins in particular. Do you find it as fascinating as me?

It is probably because I happen to know a pair of identical twins very well, and it is super strange and intriguing. They look exactly alike.

This pair of twins have shared some of their stories with me, and I want to share them with you. They talked about how when they were young, they would play a game called "mirror," where they would imitate each other. They would also stare into each other's eyes. How trippy is that!!??

My favorite aspect about twins that they shared with me is how they have a super intense bond with each other. Let me give a couple examples.

If one has a headache on her right side, the other will have a headache on her left side.

If one has a sore tummy, the other will have a sore tummy.

The most recent one was one hurt her back on her left side, and the other hurt her ribs on her right side.

I find it to be such an awesome thing that they share an almost psychic bond with each other.

Yup.

So now, as usual with my threads, I crave your input on the topic at hand.

Thank you in advance!!!

-SES

Yes they say twins have a psycic bond.I think this could be to do with quntum entanglement.Because after all they where once both the same egg.
Tests have been done with dna taken from a human and placed miles away.The human is shown upsetting images and as they react the dna also reacts in the same way, with no delay.
I also think the answar to faster than light travel may be hiding in this phenomenon.

edit on 23-9-2010 by buddhistpunk because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2010 by buddhistpunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhistpunk

That is incredibly intriguing.

Couple more examples from my twin friends.

On the same day they will go into a store (they are in different U.S states) and buy the same brand of chips without prior knowledge. Or they will watch the same movie in the same day or finish the same book at the same time, with no prior knowledge. I find it to be so damn cool.

They have countless stories like these.

One part that is very interesting is that their personalities are quite different for the most part. Like you were saying about how they are born of the same egg, its like they are seperating into two seperate entities from one entity... argh, its so confusing.

It gets even more confusing when its like triplets or whatever. Damn.

-SES

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Coincidence! I just closed ATS after reading this thread and went to read the local news and found this.

VISITORS to Anstruther Primary School could be forgiven for thinking they're seeing double...

That's because the school is currently home to 12 sets of twins! Teachers say they were stunned to have 11 sets on their books as the new term started recently but then couldn't believe it when they were told that a couple of new additions were arriving a bit later and, guess what, they were twins as well.

The youngsters are spread throughout the school's nursery and range up through the primaries right up to primary seven.

Read the full story in this week's Mail.

Anstruther is a small fishing village on the East Scottish coast, not far from St Andrews.

I agree, twins ARE weird. It's like magic isn't it? I remember a few "twinnies" when I was at school but there was one pair who I was friends with for years and years and I still can't tell them apart.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I was also thinking... do they have somewhat of a shared consciousness? Do they each have an individual soul or is it split into two equal parts? Damn, imagine what it would be like if you were a soul, and when it was time for you to be born, [insert higher power's name here] was like, "okay, so for this lifetime, you are gonna be in two bodies at once. Have fun!" Phew.

Really mind boggling. Seriously. What would it be like to be a twin?

Any twins here on ATS?

-SES

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
you should include something like this in your OP

www.youtube.com...

my mom has an identical twin except she has a mole on the cheek while the other doesnt,

since they were teens they have strived for independance and to look different from each other,

i can see very slight differences in their behavoir, attitude, taste, character, and passions,

so i know a good reference point for what life experiences do compared with just your genetics.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
Any twins here on ATS?

In this instance, not like you might expect. I recall reading something some time ago about left-handedness. I am predominantly left-handed and what most likely ocurred was that I consumed my identical twin in the womb. I'm pretty sure he's still sore about it.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Originally posted by buddhistpunk

Tests have been done with dna taken from a human and placed miles away.The human is shown upsetting images and as they react the dna also reacts in the same way, with no delay.

Have you got a source for this information ? thx

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WeSbO

Yeah I agree. That sounds incredibly interesting. I would like to see some more information on that as well.

I really could not imagine being a twin. The fact that there would be someone out there who looked practically the same as me, born on the same day, and have the same dna from the same egg, would be a very trippy experience. I mean I have a close bond with my siblings, but this would really take it to the next level.

-SES

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

SeS,

I'd like to share a story regarding this topic. And as far I know, it is also a true story.

It happened in my birth town, that there were two eldery identical twins. Another one was ran over by a truck one day, when he was crossing the road - it took only few hours that also the other twin was ran over, and by a truck - although in slightly different location, and by accident as well as the first one. The odd thing is, that the second one was unaware of his other half's fate.

How strange is that? What is the probability? I mean, even though this ain't absolute proof about the connection between twins, it certainly suggest that some connection exists.

-v

PS. This case was also reported in Helsingin Sanomat. Article has been archived, but can be read here. If you are experiencing difficulties in reading Finnish, maybe you want to Google Translate it

edit on 23-9-2010 by v01i0 because: Post Script Added.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

That has always been something else I always pondered about twins.

What would it feel like if your twin died? That would be incredibly depressing I'm sure.

Thanks for the responses so far. I am already learning a lot.

Keep it up!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Most likely it would be very dramatic if someone so close to myself would die. The strange thing on the story I posted, is that the other twin didn't even know about the fate of his other half. Although, he might've known it inwardly - so to speak.

-v

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WeSbO

Just search dna quantum entanglement on google.Its what einstein called spooky action at a distance.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The twin phenomenon is interesting, based off this principal clones would have the same phenomenon since Twins are natural born clones, (identical that is)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I am a twin, and gave birth to a set of twins, but, just this week I met a woman who is also a twin. What was interesting about what she told me is that while she and her sister are identical, they are actually what is called, "mirror twins." Per this article, only about 25% of twins are mirror twins. For example, the woman I met is left handed, while her sister is right handed. They each have a mole on a cheek, one on the right, the other on the left. Both she and her sister were pregnant at the same time, and they gave birth 12 days apart, with each knowing psychically when the other went into labor.

multiples.about.com...

While being a twin myself, I have never had any experiences like this woman described to me.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
My 4 year old daughters are identical and it is pretty amazing. They still break into their own "twin speak" every now and then. We have friends with mirror image twin boys and it is a little creepy. They even have opposite swirls in their cowlicks.

We go here www.twinsdays.org... every year. It is amazing. Especially when you talk with twins in their 80's and listen to their stories over the years.

Cheers!!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Are mirror image twins opposite on the insides too then?
Sorry, aren't mirror image twins just identical twins or is that a different thing?

edit on 23-9-2010 by wigit because: eta

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

I have a son who apparently consumed his twin in the womb too.
He has two distinct genotypes, XXXY and XXXXY, (variants of Klinefelter Syndrome,) indicating the embryo was malformed before it split into identical twins.
He also has two distinct livers.

Ever since he could speak, H-- has had two voices, and you would swear, listening from the next room, there are two people there carrying on a discussion. Sometimes the two voices argue, and these arguments can be quite heated. Sometimes one gives the other advice, about "being quiet so mum won't know," sometimes one is cautioning the other to not take a risk. Often they are sharing reminiscenses of the day's events.

I wonder if this is a case of one person having two souls.

It wouldn't surprise me if sometimes two people share one soul.

I've heard it asked .... (btw this is only relevant if you believe in reincarnation,) with the population explosion, where are all the extra souls come from? Well, perhaps souls split like amoeba, continually making more, and the soul of twins only partially splits.
You never know, if you can't decide whether to come back as a surfer or an eskimo, you might come back as both.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Wowza! I wake up to find some awesome posts! Sweet.

The plot thickens. I am glad you guys are all into the mysteries of twins as well.

The one about the consuming of the twin and how in one body they seem to talk to each other... damn that is a good one. Cool cool cool.

-SES

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeSbO

Originally posted by buddhistpunk

Have you got a source for this information ? thx

Going by his vague reply to you, he's obviously confused with this recent theory:
Quantum entanglement helps keep DNA together

A group of researchers have postulated that:

. . . the stability of DNA is in part the result of quantum entanglement.

This new theory, which is certain to provoke as many skeptical voices as words of interest, began with wondering what role, if any, might quantum entanglement play in DNA. Quantum entanglement is described, simply, as two separate particles that work together as if they were one particle no matter how far apart they might be. If one particle moves up, the other particle moves down, instantly, as if they were on the ends of a teeter-totter. They are a system that behaves as one particle. In the case of DNA, the ‘particles’ are the molecules of the DNA base pairs, formed by the nucleotides with adenine, guanine, thymine, and cytosine. Each nucleotide is surrounded by a cloud of electrons that behave as if the nucleotide were an atomic nucleus. The cloud shifts relative to the nucleus, perhaps influenced by what are called Van der Waals forces, from side to side so to speak forming a dipole (two poles), and this shifting is regular – a harmonic oscillation. In solid-state physics, the oscillation of molecules within a solid is known as a phonon, a kind of quasi-particle that vibrates at a specific frequency and gives the solid many of its electrical and physical properties. In DNA, when a base pair is formed the clouds of each nucleotide must oscillate in opposite directions if the bond is to hold together.

The key question for the researchers was what influence does the double helical structure of DNA have on this oscillation? To answer the question, they first modeled how the phonons would behave at absolute zero temperature. Here (mathematically) it was clear the phonons would be typical quantum objects, existing as both waves and particles exhibiting the property of quantum entanglement. As it turns out, the size of the DNA helix corresponds rather well to the wavelength (frequency) of the phonons. This correspondence causes the phonons to stay within this frequency, something called ‘phonon trapping.’ Though the nucleotide phonons in each base pair oscillate in opposite directions they do so in a quantum entangled system – they act together and at the same frequency, ensuring the stability of the pair bond and of the helix itself.

At least that’s what the model shows can happen. The model also shows that this configuration can maintain the bond at high temperatures – room temperatures or above (e.g. 20 degrees C or 68 degrees F). The quantum entanglement is vital to making this work, because under classical mechanics the vibration of the particles in the helix would shake it apart, especially at higher temperatures.

Of course, this is all modeling. What must come next is experimental evidence. It won’t come easily. The researchers point to the notion that using classical mechanics to add up the energy necessary to hold the helix together comes out short, and that adding the quantum effects makes up the difference. But this is indirect evidence.
scitechstory.com...

This is only referring to the situation within a single cell.
No actual research has been reported.
These researchers are not discussing action over long distances.

If someone could show me research that has been done, I would eat my boots, or Lady Gaga's latest dress, or at least some steak similar to that it was made of.

edit on 23/9/10 by Kailassa because: formatting

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join