It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hunter kit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
O.K guys,

I see so many threads with really bad video and pics of ufo's that it is becoming ridiculous.
So I am asking for all the sceptics and believers to please put together, what they will assume to be the
ultimate kit you should have with you for when that encounter does happen.

I reckon a decent dslr, a tripod, a hd camcorder, and maybe some nightvision goggles.

I know the sceptics always want crystal clear vids and pics, but in reality i think that will be tough. If i first have to connect a tripod to my camera, while trying to stop my car, and killing my cigarette, when i happen to see a ufo flying above me, by the time i get all that done, it would be gone. And i would be left with no proof.

So I am asking for a practical everyday easy to use kit, that can easily be deployed to take amazing pictures and videos. Does such a kit exsist?

VVV

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I thought you meant "hunting" not "hunting" so i was going to say a rifle or some sort of laser beam cannon and a light saber prob have better chance in space so a spaceship with laser cannons and a forcefield

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

LOL

Maybe the threat is misleading. But I am serious about the topic. If more members post here with suggestions, we might have much better pics and videos.

Thanks for the reply though.

VVV

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I would suggest leaving a GorillaPod permanently attached to your camera, they are light and you can attach them to just about anything, even wrap them around your cars door frame.

GorillaPod

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Brilliant suggestion mate. I have never seen that accessory.

It looks very handy and don't need to be detached. Very handy.

VVV

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think one of the biggest issues with video's isn't whats used (although VERY important) but what's not said.

Repeating the phrase OMG OMG OMG or F**k me f**k me really isn't useful, nor should you turn into surfer dude.

Describe where you are, what direction you are looking at, give some detail as to what features like say an air port in in the general direction you are looking.

Give a verbal time and date, describe where the crafts(s) came from giving a speed and height approximate guess. Describe what you are seeing, often what a person can see with the naked eye will look different through a camera.

Try and keep the camera as still as possible and film for as long as possible.

Doing all this will give a bit more legitimacy to your account, people will see that its' there at the time and not a hoax where stuff was added later.

Just keep describing everything you can see be they other planes, noises that you can hear, wind if there is any, what direction is it blowing and how hard. If there are various lights in the video and you know what they are then explain that.

Say what you see, NOT what you THINK you are seeing, just remember this might be your only chance ever to give a bit of info on what you are seeing, make it count!

edit on 22-9-2010 by Mclaneinc because: good stuff

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
To be a real UFO hunter, you definitely need a good plasma rifle with a gravidar scope. After all, you'll need something to mount on the wall when the hunt is over. A nice conversation piece.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Also..

Learn how to use your camera properly in its manual mode.

If it's a stills camera please realize that using a flash isn't going to illuminate an object 3 miles in the air and a long exposure time is just going to leave you with an unidentifiable streak.
Learn what ISO means. and practice taking action shots and night shots.

If it's a video camera learn where the button for automatic image stabilization is and try to stand still for god sake, hold the camera in BOTH hands and if possible try to shoot from the hip as the camera wobbles a lot less that way. Practice filming fast moving objects and at night and don't jump up and down saying OMG

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Canon 7D with any L lens. It can take pretty darn good photos (not as good as my 5DII) but its auto focus is amazing for capturing videos.

And a few years of practicing

edit on 22-9-2010 by vinunleaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Also meant to add, never no matter how clever you think it looks EVER add music (especially the X-Files theme) or feel the need to call it a 'production. Just don't, leave the video how it was shot, add nothing, well not unless you want people to think HOAX instantly.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Also..

Learn how to use your camera properly in its manual mode.

If it's a stills camera please realize that using a flash isn't going to illuminate an object 3 miles in the air and a long exposure time is just going to leave you with an unidentifiable streak.
Learn what ISO means. and practice taking action shots and night shots.

If it's a video camera learn where the button for automatic image stabilization is and try to stand still for god sake, hold the camera in BOTH hands and if possible try to shoot from the hip as the camera wobbles a lot less that way. Practice filming fast moving objects and at night and don't jump up and down saying OMG

Yes indeed, learn about your camera, turn off auto focus if you can, that big diamond you see ISN'T the ufo, it's your camera creating a false image via the auto focus. Auto focus is nice in daylight with a well defined object in front of you but at night on pin points of light or focusing through a wire fence is where it comes falling down.

Because of the tech it won't work at all well on pin points, and with wire fences the auto focus will focus on the nearest object (ie the wire of the fence) because that's the thing the sensor hits first.

edit on 22-9-2010 by Mclaneinc because: Tech Detail

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
As for a kit of sorts.

A Dictaphone
A half decent camera and / or cam corder.(try to avoid too much digital zoom)
A tripod (a must)
A warm jacket / waterproof
Some energy snacks
Nightscope of reasonable quality
A logical mind..

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Well thanks for the input. I really hope some people have a look here, and remember this.

Hopefully in the future we will have much better quality videos and pics.

VVV

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
As for a kit of sorts.

A Dictaphone

Dictaphone?

ROTFLMAO!!

I haven't seen a Dictaphone in over 40 years. My father had one around 1960 with little vinyl records he used to dictate letters for his secretary.

How about a mini-cassette or flash memory recorder instead?

ps Just funning I hope you know.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Just a suggestion. Include in your kit a non-digital, manual 3-D camera, such as an old Stereo Realist or Kodak Stereo camera. No batteries to fail. That way if you manage to get a photo, an expert can get a rough idea of the distance the object is away from the camera and how big it is. Stereo pairs are much harder to fake, too, so that gives you a little extra validity.

If you can't get afford a good stereo camera, maybe get two decent digital cameras and mount them so their lenses are about 65mm apart, and get a split plunger to synchronize their "shutters." That will also produce stereo pairs.

Anything to increase the number and position of the images is helpful. Then all you have to do is get the rest of the stuff:

Non-anonymity (multiple non-anonymous witnesses)
An artifact associated with the "UFO" through a clear evidence chain
Independent verification by experts that the artifact is indeed alien
Expert or authoritative declaration -- the President would be great

... and you'll basically have me convinced! Good luck!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
To be a real UFO hunter, you definitely need a good plasma rifle with a gravidar scope. After all, you'll need something to mount on the wall when the hunt is over. A nice conversation piece.

Plasma is good, but you can't beat a multi-spectral EMF/MGF pulse gun with a multi-dimensional matrix scope with a Bluetooth EEG amplifier. You can't shoot 'em if you can't get them to manifest themselves in our reality, and for that you're better off amplifying your brainwaves than waiting for a high strangeness event. After they're shot, you also need some kind of quick set-up Faraday cage to keep them from fading back into virtuality. It would be a shame to go through all the trouble of gunning them down only to have them drift back into the dimension(s) they came from.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Well, in all the UFO tv show i see that one of the most important requirements is using a baseball cap and dark glasses.

new topics

top topics

join