It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aren't conspiracy theorists kind of the true skeptics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think we are because most people just accept an official source as fact and go along with the program, while conspiracy theorists question the truth, which is what skepticism is by definition!

the skeptic/conspiracist thing is stupid. it's more like establishment believer/inquisitor.

edit on 21-9-2010 by 19872012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
How can you be skeptical if you believe things like Reptilians rule the world?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
So conspiracy theorists well never have an answer?

I thought so called conspiracy theorists wanted the TRUTH, isn't that what everyone on here is preaching.

Are you saying that if the so called TRUTH was in your face that you wouldn't believe it?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
How can you be skeptical if you believe things like Reptilians rule the world?

Because all conspiracy theorists believe that, right?

edit on 9/21/2010 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Let's put it this way.
There comes a point when scepticism comes round a full circle and becomes complete gullibility towards any theory which can claim NOT to be the "official story".
"The moon is made of green cheese"
"Is that the official story?"
"No"
"Then I believe you!"

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

No, what makes you think I meant that?

You can question the official story all you want--that makes you a skeptic--but when you start positing alternate explanations you are no longer in the domain of being a skeptic, but something more.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

reply to post by eNumbra

Without a quote, or a "reply to" I am to assume you weren't answering the titular question?

It's exactly what you said; you replied to the op with "How can you be skeptical if you believe things like Reptilians rule the world?" Inferring that all conspiracy theorists, or all you refer to as conspiracy theorists, apply.

Not much room for interpretation.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
A true skeptic doesn't believe the official story, but also doesn't believe all the nonsense the conspiracy theorists present, because a true skeptic knows that the "truth" of something is usually never as easy and clear as either extreme would like to have you believe.

edit on 21-9-2010 by Blue Shift because: It was necessary.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

But even skeptics can be blinded by their own will. Skeptics are not always right.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

reply to post by eNumbra

Without a quote, or a "reply to" I am to assume you weren't answering the titular question?

It's exactly what you said; you replied to the op with "How can you be skeptical if you believe things like Reptilians rule the world?" Inferring that all conspiracy theorists, or all you refer to as conspiracy theorists, apply.

Not much room for interpretation.

Many conspiracy theorists vouch for many things with sketchy evidence. How can most be skeptics?

There, do you like that better?

top topics

join