It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police alert: 5 adults, 9 children plan mass suicide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Police alert: 5 adults, 9 children plan mass suicide

www.msnbc.msn.com

PALMDALE, Calif. — Officials in Southern California on Saturday evening issued an emergency alert for five adults and nine children believed to be planning a mass suicide, BNO News reported.

The group was believed to be traveling in two vehicles, a Nissan Quest and a Mercury Villager, the California Highway Patrol said.

However, the members may have changed vehicles after disappearing.

BNO also reported a late model Toyota Tundra was involved, too.

The missing group was last seen around 1 a.m. PDT on Saturday at a prayer meeting at a Palmdale, Calif., church, according to the C
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This is some weird news. These people think they're going to meet Jesus and the only way to do that is kill themselves. There's not much more here to this story so far as I guess it is just developing.
Sounds like a bunch of Waco type wacko's. I feel sorry for the kids.
I'll see if i did can dig up some more info on this

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I hope they find the kids o.k.. It does seem odd two of the husbands have everyones i.d. etc.......did they just leave them with the notes? I'm sure any moment the usual suspects, will be on here using this as an excuse to bash all Christians and paint them with the same brush.........let's leave that aside for awhile, at least until we know more.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The Branch Davidians in Waco were not on a suicide mission. They were murdered by our government. Although I do not necessarily agree with what all was going on at Mt Carmel, those women and children died at the hands of our government.

This group in Cali seem to be on a purposeful mission to die. I agree it is sad for the children, they probably have no choice, or have been brainwashed.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
thats what religion do to people that are already crazy

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Can't we just leave people alone ... why is everyone so scared of dying ?? if they want to die just leave them alone.

Ive never understood peoples fear of dying ... seriously what could be worse then where we live right now ? I'm surprised more people aren't trying to checkout, everyone talks about free will on this site but as soon as some one tries to do something that don't agree with your views, you guys deem it ok to tamper with ... that is called being a hypocrite I'm pretty sure ... leave people and what they want to do alone I say.

And before the people saying "what about the children" come into the thread ... they are more then likely more willing then the adults to leave this place. Earth is a horrible place for children, you get brainwashed and ridiculed if you don't fit in or conform to the "normal" idea of how the world "works" and are in no way free to grow up to be your own person.

Death and people dying is nothing to be afraid of at all ... just leave people alone to do what they want to do.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboxoftrix
This is some weird news. These people think they're going to meet Jesus and the only way to do that is kill themselves. There's not much more here to this story so far as I guess it is just developing.
Sounds like a bunch of Waco type wacko's. I feel sorry for the kids.

Can you provide proof that they are wrong in their thinking .... no you can't ?? Why are they wacko's ?, is it because they have different beliefs then you ? thats not being a wacko I'm sorry. Why are you assuming that people who want to die are wacko's ?

What your statement really says is, those people have different ideas and beliefs to me so instead of accepting a belief structure out of the normal I will label them wacko's then feel better about myself. Then go back to telling people I am "awake" and not a sheep, well my friend just the fact that you are nay saying/trying to police a different belief system out of the "norm" would make your primary language BAAAAAAAAAAA fall in line BAAAAA.

You don't even know the kids, how can you feel sorry for them ? How do you know they aren't just as willing as the parents to go forward with their plan, the fact is you don't.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Works the other way round too king loki.
Any reason to believe it will be better than this here? No.
Do you have any proof that you do not get 70 Virgins if you die as a suicide bomber? No.
So why rush it if you are going to find it out anyway some time.
Now if an adult religious nut offs himself because he cant wait any longer I have no problem. The problem starts when they take others with them (In this case: kids)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by debunky
The problem starts when they take others with them (In this case: kids)

Oh sure, leave your kids to the mercy of the welfare system

Loki well said

It's only death folks ... we all do it. These guys, they're probably sick of people telling them what they can/should/have to do. They have a point

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by aboxoftrix

Apparently the alert has been revised to add more children and adults:www.msnbc.msn.com...

He said deputies were searching the desert for the group, believed to be six adults and six boys and two girls. The children range in age from 3 to 17, Whitmore said.

So now they have even more kids to worry about now.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Loki well said

It's only death folks ... we all do it. These guys, they're probably sick of people telling them what they can/should/have to do. They have a point

How can a fellow human have such a callous attitude towards life such as you??!!

What right does one have to take his own life as well as to convince others to give up theirs? It's not just 'only death'.

No doubt life is no bed of roses, but it is still one's free will to make responsible choices to live and adapt, even if not for his own sake, how about others around him as well?

Suicide is a cop out, and a slap to our Creator for His great gift of life - to live, to know pain but to know joy as well, to know hate to but to treasure love, to live in poverty and know both its sorrow and happiness, to live in wealth and comprehend both its emotional and physical limitations, to watch ugliness unfold, but then to see more beauty around us, to rise against challenges and developed our character and evolution of our species, than to revert our bodies to dust and our consciouness back into matter drifting aimlessly in the cosmos for eternity.

What can I do to make you see how precious this gift of life is, please?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
'Police alert: 5 adults, 9 children plan mass suicide'

The title should in fact read;

'Police alert: 5 adults plan mass suicide, 9 children going along for the ride'

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Just a point to say that id adults want to top themselves then go ahead. However, the article cites children as young as three. Children of this age DO NOT kill themselves, they are murdered.

In fact, as is probably the case in all mass suicides. there are murders of adults too. As in the Order of the Solar Temple and the Movement for the Restoration of the Tem Commandments of God

These loony cultists just cannot keep their grubby little hands clean. They are manipulative and dangerous.

Regards

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by harryhaller

Loki well said

How can a fellow human have such a callous attitude towards life such as you??!!

What right does one have to take his own life as well as to convince others to give up theirs? It's not just 'only death'.

No doubt life is no bed of roses, but it is still one's free will to make responsible choices to live and adapt, even if not for his own sake, how about others around him as well?

Suicide is a cop out, and a slap to our Creator for His great gift of life - to live, to know pain but to know joy as well, to know hate to but to treasure love, to live in poverty and know both its sorrow and happiness, to live in wealth and comprehend both its emotional and physical limitations, to watch ugliness unfold, but then to see more beauty around us, to rise against challenges and developed our character and evolution of our species, than to revert our bodies to dust and our consciouness back into matter drifting aimlessly in the cosmos for eternity.

What can I do to make you see how precious this gift of life is, please?

"what right does one have to take his OWN life"?

lol, that's like asking,
What right does one have to spend their own money?
or,
what right does one have to tear down their own house if they wish?

Any man has the right to do anything with his or her own body as they wish, as long as it harms no one else.
"the creator" gave you and everyone else free will.

Remember that? you mentioned free will,
right after you said no one has "the right" to take their own life.

contradict yourself much?

You have not lived anyone elses life but your own,
so you cannot say whether one choosing to "commit suicide" is a "cop out" or not,
you dont know their pains, so stop pretending to be "the creator" you so cherish,
and telling others what is "right or wrong".
You may benefit from spending less time pretending as if you know these things,
and spend a bit more time gaining some understanding.
(i know, you think you have all the understanding you need)
which only says you are sorely lacking in it.

It is bad that they are dragging the impressionable children with them, for sure.
which is actually harming other human beings, who believe that the adults "know best".
The children basically have no choice in something like this,
which is beyond awful.

but stop pretending to be holier than thou.
you are not,
and you do not know.

have you ever been pronounced dead?
have you ever actually seen what is "on the other side"?
if you have not, then zip it up.

i have been "there", and "death" is purely an illusion.
no life ceases to exist. ever.
Death is not real. at all.
it is simply a word /concept created to keep you in fear of "changing form".
and that is all one does when one "dies", or permanently leaves their current body/vessel...
changes from one form to the next.
never ceasing to exist.

Sad how some are soo obsessed by 'physical matter', that they will do anything and everything to prevent themselves or loved ones from further evolving to the next level of existence.

"fear is the mindkiller"

let go of it, it is working.

peace

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

I was hoping for something more from you, but unfortunately, you had only allowed your ego to go full swing to attack me for simply asking you a simple question.

Any letting go would be your ego. It is hurting your own spiritual progress, even if you attempt to hide your beliefs, which is personal and presume you know it all.

Fear is not the mindkiller. Your ego is. The need to be proven right, to be smart, to know it all and to use it to slam others down whose view is different from yours.

To you, death is just death, another phase or 'changing of form' as you put it.

But do realize that you are not born out of a rock. It was love that nutured you to adult hood - from cradle till right up today, by your parents and society. Could you had pay for the medical expenses on your own, build the roads for you to travel, gain knowledge from education, etc?

. Even if there are no monetary debts to be repaid, there are many more debts of honour to repay, and it is within your conscience to do so. To throw away your life irresponsibly is to have no conscience at all. No doubt I do not live your life, but I do know how much obligated you and I are to those who loved us and society. This is no 'holier than thou' belief, only just plain common responsibility.

Go ahead and treat life egoistically and callously as you wish, and prove what kind of a human and attitude you truly are, but leave others to cherish life.

edit on 19-9-2010 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
i have to say im ashamed about the horrible facts: peoples are way more worried about kids life and dont give a damn about the adults life !

what is your problems guys,adults lives are useless, that it ?
Adults are less valuables than kids ?

hypocrits and liars that what you are all here,its disgusting to see on ATS, ATS motto is "deny ignorance" seem a dead motto to me.

the kids the kids the kids, you only repeat that kind of BS.

Revolting

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Your attitude is commendable. Most sincerely.

My problem is twofold. One, life is not that great for most. Fact. When life gets too bad, it's open to us all. Frankly, it's usually the only time people take notice, when suicides rise. People are not only expected to live in a very chaotic world, but to enjoy it. And frankly, we're given free will. We give that will away in this system, and short of being a criminal, suicide is often the only way out.

Second, it is very clearly about our right to interfere. Why rush to stop them, even if they have children. Facilitate, make a tv show or something. The hypocricy is nauseating.

In society SeekerOfTruth, not you.

A lot of people feel that way, and if we actually addressed the problems, not the consequences of the problems, we'd get much further. Despite society's death gaze, destroying everything and everyone, it must be on OUR terms, not theirs.

HarryHaller is a character in a novel, Steppenwolf, where he is described as a "suicide", someone who is only able to contemplate daily life with the knowledge that he could, at any time, leave it. Obviously i resonate with this idea. The events which re-awaken this person to "life" are certainly fantastical, and include a pretty girl, and psychedelic drugs. I approve of both
But reality is seldom as attractive, And the desire to fight against what seems the entire world grows weak.

Death comes so easily to those who don't want it, why bother with those who do?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I don't understand why people are so eager to die. We will ALL die eventually. Why rush it?

If these people think it's the end of the world, then why go kill yourself? If the world was truly ending, won't you die anyway?

I don't understand cults.

edit on 19-9-2010 by BattleStarGal because: (Spelling)

edit on 19-9-2010 by BattleStarGal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
They have all been found.. safe, praying at a park
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleStarGal
I don't understand why people are so eager to die. We will ALL die eventually. Why rush it?

Some people lead very painful lives and so suicide becomes a viable option for them.

I have always said that when a person is living a life they don't want to live, that person is already dead. What is the use of living a life that is a contradiction? If you are already dead then its your responsibility to seek and find physical death as well.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with suicide because there is no "great" meaning to life. All of us are here to be slaves in this draconian system. But there are things we can do in life to alleviate the pain and suffering of our enslavement. For example, forming friendships, traveling, pursuing a career, reading, writing, etc are all things we can do to alleviate our suffering and make life at least tolerable. But for some people the pains associated with their own enslavement are too great and so they kill themselves.

I would tell people that while you are living life you should have fun, enjoy yourself. But if life becomes too painful then you should consider suicide. After-all, there is no need to exist here if you are not happy. If you go through life depressed then you are just a depressed slave who is feeding this draconian system.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join