It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Equalizer Amendment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The Equalizer Amendment

For your consideration:

An associate sent me this email detailing an amendment to the constitution that would force members of congress and the government to be subject to the very laws that they pass. For example no special retirement funds or health insurance for them while the average American is forced to pay into Social Security, Medicare, and the new requirement to have health insurance.

It is called the Equalizer Amendment and would also require that government salaries be capped to reflect average salaries of their private sector counterparts. The amendment also provides for term reduction for government officials when they operate under a deficit.

Very interesting information idea, any thoughts or feedback on the subject would be greatly appreciated, you can read the amendment at the link above, the following is the email in it's entirety:

It’s finally here! It’s the weapon that will accomplish the Tea Party objectives and make them stick!

Tea Party victories in the coming elections are extremely important for slowing the rate at which our country is losing its heritage of freedom and prosperity, but something more is needed to achieve a reversal and a long-lasting improvement.

We’ve thrashed around with tax revolts and multiple amendments, and some of us almost initiated a taxpayers’ union with the right to strike. But the word came back that the ideas were too complicated or too limited in appeal. The most that people could handle would be one amendment, but you would somehow have to get the government to pass it and to do so without messing it up or watering it down. Moreover, you would have to get the government to obey it, a tall expectation given the government’s well-demonstrated ability to ignore the Constitution without suffering any consequences. Well, it took longer than expected to find the solution, but the effort was worthwhile. We now have the ultimate weapon!

The solution has been in the air all of this time; all we did was solidify it. You’ve heard a lot of talk about elitists and elitism lately. Our government is dominated by a clutch of elitists—people who consider themselves deserving of running other people’s lives. Well, when you get down to it, elitism turns out to be the source of all evil in governance. It finds its highest expression in monarchies, dictatorships, fascism, communism, and slavery. Freedom and prosperity depend on suppression of elitism. OUR CONSTITUTION IS ALL ABOUT SUPPRESSING ELITISM. In short, we have identified the universal enemy, and it is elitism. When it comes to governance, elitism is the Devil.

How do you combat it? Electing new people to elite positions won’t change things for very long. Elitists will use their political skills and their mastery of deceit to co-opt the new direction and turn it against us. We had the Republican Revolution of 1994, and NOW look where we are! Well, it turns out that the answer to the question can be found in the definition of elitism. Elitism is defined as “the attitude that society should be governed by an elite group of individuals,” and an elite group is defined as “a group or class of persons enjoying superior intellectual or social or economic status.” To combat elitism, you have to take the superior status away from the people in the government. How do you do this? Simple: you require that they obey the same laws and regulations as everyone else.

You’ve all seen the amendment floating around the internet that says, "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States." This is the right idea, but it goes a little too far in some areas. The method by which members of Congress set their own salaries cannot be applied to the citizens, for example. The amendment also doesn’t go far enough in some areas. It doesn’t cover the President, the Vice President, or the Supreme Court justices, for example. What we need is an amendment that overcomes these deficiencies.

Well, now we have it! It’s called the Equalizer Amendment, and you can find it at www.equalizeramendment.org. It went public on Sept. 1.

In the days of the Wild West the modern gun was referred to as the equalizer. It gave everyone the power to match a Goliath. Likewise, the Equalizer Amendment removes the disparity in power between the citizens and the federal government. The Equalizer Amendment puts into the Constitution the teeth needed to force the government to OBEY the Constitution.

But the Equalizer Amendment is only part of the weapon. You also need the ammo and the people who can pull the trigger. WE are the people, and the ammo is the method we will use to get the amendment ratified. These most important parts are explained succinctly in www.equalizeramendment.org.

What should we do now? 1) Go to www.equalizeramendment.org for some enjoyable reading. 2) Call your favorite talk show host, and make him/her and the audience aware of what’s going on. 3) Save up your vacation for what is going to happen in 2011. 4) Ask your friends to do the same.

Most people who came to America came here to get away from elitism. We are not like the people of the old countries who relax as much as they can while submitting to elitists. We are willing to fight for freedom in order to preserve our ability to make exceptional accomplishments. We are brave people; we are not cowards. When elitists try to take over our lives, we will stand against them, and we will put them in their place, no matter what the price may be. We may be the only people in the world willing to do this, BUT WE WILL!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Cool idea but there is way to much proposed for a single amendment or law to have any chance at all. Also the term reductions will never work due to the cost and complexity inherit in elections. I wish it were as simple as getting an amendment like this through legislature.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by badmoviefan

You make some good points here, what would be your alternative? If I am reading you right, eliminate the term reduction portion, but which other parts would you keep as a stand alone replacement? Or do you think that splitting the amendment into multiple amendments would be a viable solution?

thanks for your response.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I hate to be cynical but I think that people are naive if you think that such an amendment would have a chance.

It'll go the way of NESARA.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It seems to me that it is not appropriate to compare politicians to CEOs. Pollies should get paid heaps more because it is dangerous, they can get shot, poisoned or just stabbed in the back by a friend. Also it is an extremely stressful profession being in the spotlight all the time, see how quickly they age. CEOs on the other hand have a very kooshie ride and then get a bonus on top.

Jed Stuart

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
no one forced anyone to be a politician. they do it for power over the people and to line their filthy pockets with money and no other reason.
edit on 31-10-2010 by aliengenes because: bloop

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DrZERO

Don't have time to read through tonight,, but from what I skimmed I am extremely excited! I will ask some of my Tea Party buddies what they know about this bill. If you get a chance, please see if Paul McKain has commented on this bill. He is our Local Tea Party candidate for the House, and I could get the question to him. I could possibly get the question to Marco Rubio as well.

I will check back tomorrow. Great Thread!

top topics

join