It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War of the Worlds (nibiru)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Khan, actually, as an amateur astronomer I know it's possible to see Jupiter's moons with your naked eye, provided you have a good eyesight (this is with excellent resolution).

I could never see Jupiter moons but I know of some reports.
Actually I already saw naked eye Uranus, which has similar brightness to Jupiter moons, within the limit magnitude for naked eye sighting. It all depends on both your sky conditions and your vision.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by witness63

the ancients not only belived the sun was a god, but the moon and earth as well

the NINE gods of ancient egypt 7 PLANETS ,SUN & MOON

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by witness63

Originally posted by Anunaki10
What a great thread! Thumbs up

I once watched an interview with some Inca indians (i think) who predict that a race of a humanoid will come to Earth and make peace between humans. I don't remember the Inca indian word for that humanoid specie.
Also once watched an interview with Robert O. Dean who says that someone will come to Earth.

I will try find these interviews later.

Viracochas--the "gods" who came down from space but looked like humans. I've been down to Peru and was taken around to some of the sites by a professor who was also indigenous, and he had a number of interesting stories--like how the ancients knew how to construct buildings that could withstand earthquakes that knock down modern buildings, and how an entire valley (the Sacred Valley) is really a model of the galaxy with every village, temple and building representing something they'd seen out there. All of this knowledge existed thousands of years before the Inca, who were just the latest in a long line of civilizations.

Yes, they do believe they have been visited by extraterrestrials from ancient times to the present. All the native peoples of the Americas have stories and myths like that, which were recorded long before the modern "UFO" era.
So you have been in Peru taken arround by a professor, cool!
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This thread is epic!

Does anyone else listen to sounds of space before going to sleep? I get a few YouTube videos of different planets loaded up and stick the headphones on! If you haven't tried it I highly recommend it, will literally take you into outer space!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by segurelha

That is actually good news. I only wish I was more aware of stuff like that. I remember as a kid growing up in the late 70's and 80's The news would announce things like "And because of Mt St Helens eruption, the lunar eclipse will appear RED tonight." I saw it and I thought it was pretty cool, and we went on about our lives. In 2000 I was serving in Bosnia, and in the rinky dink little service paper, I saw an article about a comet that might be visible (Might be the comet West-Kohoutek-Ikemura). That night while doing my job I looked for it, and when I found it, I put my night vision goggle's on (PVS-7's I think) Boy what a sight!!

Now it seems we get next to nothing from the Major media. Is it true that a very large comet, a comet with the core the size of mars came thru our inner system around Feb 19th 2003? How in the world did I miss that! Scientist explained in a few sites that it is a recently discovered comet with a 37,000 year orbit.............What!!?

Why are Kids at school reciting the 9.........mmm.......8 planets, and yet have no clue about this amazing celestial body, I mean they all know about haley's comet. I expected to see more info about jupiters close passing with quotes like "On sept 20th 2010, if your lucky you might see the moons of jupiter with only your eyes!", but was not suprised that I found nothing.........very disappointing.

I just remembered to link this. It might be the reason the skies are so freaky lately. It is an article about our thinning upper atmosphere. So maybe this is what's happening?

thinning upper atmosphere

edit on 19-9-2010 by Khaaaaaan!! because: needed a fix

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

If you're talking about comet C/2002 V1, it's nucleus is not (was not) the size of Mars. It was pretty bright but not that big of a deal. Maybe that's why you didn't hear about it, you weren't interested in things celestial at the time. If you had looked up at night and you were in the southern hemisphere, you would have seen it.

New comets are being discovered all the time. Most people don't care about them unless they are bright enough to stand out. Most don't.

Jupiter's "close passing". Four times farther away than the Sun. While this is the closest it's been since 1963, there is a "close passing" (called opposition) about every 18 months. No one cares unless they are interested in astronomy. You now are. Welcome to the club. Here's something you might find interesting:
www.gunn.co.nz...

No, Jupiter has no noticable effect on the Earth from a distance of 367,722,000 miles.

edit on 9/19/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/19/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Not to throw a wrench in your elaborate cover up theory and pesudoscience lure...the only effect Jupiter has on Earth is a pretty little specticle one can view when gazing up in the heavens...It of course also has had effect with mythology...but other then that...It's just a big gassey planet.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dean Goldberry
GOD I'm sick of all you arrogant Westerners who believe the ENTIRE world, or human "civilization" as we know it, is based only on the WESTERN mythology (Annunaki-Nibiru crap) that was the forerunner of the Abrahamic/monotheistic song and dance routine. There's a whole HECK of a lot that happened in ancient India-Pakistan, including very apparent evidence of some kind of massive, advanced weapon that was used (particularly at the archaeological sites of Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro) that very strongly indicates there's MORE to the origins of recorded/known history than ONLY the Western stuff! Jee-ZUS (no pun intended). Try considering the history of ALL humanity, which ALSO includes, what a concept, the native people of the Americas/western hemisphere.

haha i think you dont know what your talking about.
you seem far more ignorant on the subject than the people your complaining about.

you know nibiru/annunaki stuff is sumerian right? and where on earth was sumeria? wasnt america last time i checked.

link   
reply to post by Phage

EEEK!! *Khan covers his face with his hands and peeps thru his fingers*

OK, well, that didn't hurt too bad. So would a thinning upper atmosphere effect the nightime view?

thanks for the planet sim BTW, very nice.

link   

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The upper atmosphere being referred to is very upper. It is too diffuse to have much of any effect on "seeing".

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

In the Mythology of Babylon the Annunaki were semi aquatic creatures that would fit with this new Europa model. Very Scary stuff...THANKS OP.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Anyone know how often this close orbit occurs? If something like this happens every 100 years wouldn't we have been destroyed millions of times over by now? So it would have to be the 26 million year cycle if we take into account mass extinctions right?

is there a way to see a simulation of where Jupiter was 26 million years ago using current orbits and axis tilts?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Originally posted by Phage

No, Jupiter has no noticable effect on the Earth from a distance of 367,722,000 miles.

Actually I think it does have an effect here on earth It seems to make my cock hard. I have noticed that about every 18 months the close passing of Jupiter makes my cock hard. At other times my cock is very timid in fact friends say they have never seen such a docile cockerel. But every 18 months exactly coinciding with Jupiter's close passing my cockerel becomes very aggressive. When I go out to my yard to feed him he launches an attack on me.However he settles back down again in a few days once Jupiter has got further away again. Im guessing its something to do with the extra gravitational pull of that huge celestial body.

That's simply b/c you're looking up at Jupiter and dreaming about some alien a$$.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

Jupiter was a bit closer in 1963.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!!
reply to post by Phage

EEEK!! *Khan covers his face with his hands and peeps thru his fingers*

OK, well, that didn't hurt too bad. So would a thinning upper atmosphere effect the nightime view?

thanks for the planet sim BTW, very nice.

I recall some weeks ago the board commenting on how bright the moon has been lately. I recall me saying it was because of upper atmosphere shrank which caused less diffusion of the color spectrum entering the atomosphere. Thus, things would appear brighter. If we had no atmosphere the Sun would be WHITE. So less atomosphere in my mind means things would be brighter.

I was called a moron.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Come Clean

Jupiter was a bit closer in 1963.

That's what I'm getting to I guess. Seems this happens quite a few times. Yet we are still here.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have actualy taken the time to read the entire thread.... and still I am missing the point....

Oke, it is verry common to see Jupiters four big moon's with a verry cheap telescope... That Jupiter is losing a 'ring' in his atmosphere is also no big deal.... That Jupiters four big moons are visible by naked eye tomorrow ? Well, you know that the orbits of all the planets are not perfect round. No they are ecliptic... So if Jupiter is at his closest point to earth then yes we could see his biggest moon's by naked eye... so I still do not see a big revelation over here....

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Jupiter is the reason I have been into "end-times" scenarios throughout my life. Back in 1982 there was a Documentary produced called "The Jupiter Menace". Did anyone else get to see it?

The Jupiter Menace

The premise of the movie spoke about all the Scientific knowledge from the past that indicated that the Earth had gone through many physical polar shifts. They spoke of planetary alignments and so forth. For the day it was quite "hair-raising" for its content.

4-minute "The Jupiter Menace" on Vimeo

I realize the above video is presented as a humorous look back, but in 1982 it was very real and very scary to think of, nearly as scary to consider I would be my age I am now! LOL

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

The idiotic nonsense got started in 1974 by a stupid book called The Jupiter Effect. Among other things, it claimed that there would be a ginourmous earthquake on the San Andreas fault on March 10, 1982.
en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join