It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't mutilate your daughters - why do you mutilate your sons ? (Discussion concerning human se

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedUK

Originally posted by cleveract
reply to post by ofhumandescent

. According to studies, that has been showed, is that it is more benificial than harm to get circumcized...

Those studies are wrong. And you are wrong.

edit on 19-9-2010 by InterestedUK because: (no reason given)

www.usatoday.com...
There are much more sources..
So, do not speak from your ego...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Well, I'll admit your thread did it's job, I did not know a lot of this. Also, you have swayed my thinking and should I have a son I may not get him circumsized now that I know more. Being circumsized myself it's nothing special. I just hope one day he doesn't see mine and think his looks weird because it's different looking then mine lol.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

To be frank here, I don't honestly care. I'm fine the way I am with circumcision, I will do the same to my sons, as my grandfather did to his sons.
Yeah. My dad was orphaned during the blitz. He was too young to remember much about his parents, but I remember his foster parents. The man I thought of as 'Granddad' ruled his house with an iron fist: I wouldn't be surprised if he'd beaten my dad & his wife; my foster-uncle left for Australia as soon as he could & didn't return for 24yrs, so I expect there were issues in that family. My maternal grandfather definitely beat my grandmother & mother. His son also left for Australia @16 (assisted passage). He ended up in NZ & never came back. My father beat my mother & me.
The only time I ever laid a rough hand on my kids was to prevent them from getting hurt, or, when they had a tantrum, I'd pick them up & enforce the exclusion that was their punishment for being out of order. I'd tell them, "You'll stay in your room until I say you can come out. You want to push your luck? Go on then. I'll just put you back in there. I've got all day & night to play this game..." They learned to sincerely apologise.
I reckon they learned to lie as well. Still, I learned to tell bare faced lies for fear of getting a beating if I didn't & alongside that I learned to distrust my parents. My kids still blag me, but they also come to me when they're really upset. They know I'll listen, give my opinion & then ask what I can do to help. When its serious, there usually isn't much I can do, except give them a hug, a place to crash, lie on the phone for them & give them petrol money to get back out there & deal with it, knowing they can always retreat to me.
Yeah mate, I've broken the cycle of abuse that was traditional in my family.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I will proudly say that I am uncircumcised and I can not imagine why anyone would do such a thing.

What really bothers me though, is how most people look at circumcision as something normal and find the thought of someone uncircumcised funny and strange. Our very nature is being turned into an outcast.

edit on 19-9-2010 by SinkingSun because: More thoughts

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

To be frank here, I don't honestly care. I'm fine the way I am with circumcision, I will do the same to my sons, as my grandfather did to his sons.

And that's what it comes down to doesn't it? Male pride and tradition. You will put your baby sons through unspeakable agony because if it's good enough for good ol' grandpappy, it's good enough for you.

Bravo.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum
You are guessing & going on anecdotal evidence from other cut men, none of whom, nor yourself, has experienced what its like to be a fully mature man with a fully intact penis.

My penis is "fully intact". It may not look like a dog's penis, but it works just fine for me, thank you. I'm not concerned with YOUR experience, because you are not me. I'm concerned with myself, and sex is great for me. Not too many here in the states have the extra skin and all that bacteria that you insert into the woman unless you clean your moist folds constantly. I think it would probably gross alot of the ladies out here, unless they like playing red rocket with their puppy, lol. I also believe it makes it more pleasurable for the woman, since the gans is fully exposed and creates a step for the outstroke.

I asked him if he would be prepared to describe the sensations of sex with a cut end, so we could compare them to my uncut experience. Who knows, he may come back & reply, but I doubt it. Still, I offer you the same opportunity to be frank about this taboo subject.

I'm really not sure how to describe the sensation, or compare notes with you on this. It's sex, it feels really good, some days better than others, probably dependent on the sperm count that day, as well as testosterone levels. Like any man. The difference is purely bacterial, and cosmetic, I assure you.

Have you ever fainted from pleasure overload & hyper-ventilation during fellatio?

Um, involuntary fainting is not a good thing, nor is it natural to faint during sex. You don't faint from "pleasure overload", you faint from lack of oxygen. Hyperventilation is the opposite, when you aren't allowing your body to release it's carbon dioxide properly and are taking in too much oxygen. Seems like you need to calm down a bit, unless you're one of those people that like to make themselves faint during sex? That usually indicates that regular sex is too boring for them, which would run opposite to your proclamation that you enjoy sex more than those of us who are "cut".

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedUK

. According to studies, that has been showed, is that it is more benificial than harm to get circumcized...

Those studies are wrong. And you are wrong.

edit on 19-9-2010 by InterestedUK because: (no reason given)

www.usatoday.com...
There are much more sources..
So, do not speak from your ego...
women.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos

Well, I'll admit your thread did it's job, I did not know a lot of this. Also, you have swayed my thinking and should I have a son I may not get him circumsized now that I know more.
That really is excellent news. You're definitely doing the right thing.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Part of me agrees with you. Looking at it from the religious standpoint, the procedure started, to the best of my knowledge, with the command from God in order to separate His people from the rest of the world. That being said, the procedure done then was much different than what it is now. Only a portion of the skin was cut off and it was done in a way that was much less painful. The historical method used by the Jews left the most sensitive sections of the foreskin in tact, so that the men were still fully capable of enjoying sex (And if anything it left the most sensitive area more exposed, increasing sexual satisfaction). Today, most of the foreskin is removed and sometimes to the point where the male sex organ can no longer even extend to the point it was intended to because it simply does not have enough skin to allow the growth. Today's methods are more painful as well. I also agree that most hospitals are probably encouraging it for the extra money in their wallet. The crap they pull is worse than what you see in politics sometimes.

I would recommend looking at the differences in the old and modern methods. I can honestly say it has made me think about what to do should I ever have a son. Going back to the religious side of it, it is no longer required because of Christ, but Jews would most definitely hold to it as necessary today.

Edit: And no, none of these faiths have been debunked long ago and religion is not the enemy of reason. Many philosophers and scientists would say the exact opposite. Maybe not most, but there sure are plenty.

edit on 19-9-2010 by Mykahel because: Response to unwarranted attack on religion.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

So your saying that female genital mutilation would be acceptable if it was performed on babies when they are unable to run away?

The foreskin plays more or less exactly the same role as the clitoris

No. She is saying the two are VASTLY diifferent procedures, one done in a hospital with medical attention, and the other done on girls held down and basically assaulted.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
If I hadn't been circumcised as an infant, I would get it done as an adult.

End of story.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cleveract

I already did, I posted it here, in this thread.

Here is the message. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Way to read the thread.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I don't have much of a say in this, but...

If it's so bad, why does it even exist? Wouldn't natural selection take care of ti?

Why was it done in the older days when people didn't know about the "medical benefits" of circumcision? Wouldn't having more skin better when clothing wasn't available?

I think it's bull#, and the the "benefits" are lies perpetrated by religious groups. A lot of our "doctors" are religious you know. Or is it some sadomasochist fetish?

edit on 9/19/2010 by die_another_day because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I have truly seen the best of people and the best of human instincts polished up and brought out in this thread.

My son was perfect, and I could not bring myself to have him hurt so without any solid, undeniable medical evidence, and the fact that he was born with it supported by my education in evolution decreed that logically it was there for a reason! Also, the fact that it could still be done later if HE chose, with anesthesia and the opportunity to prepare for it made it irrational to put him through such pain during his very first days of life outside.

Also, instinctively, I know that man does not choose to put a blade or any other threatening instrument near his privates, for very good reason, so I trusted the man he would become, empathized with him, and chose to protect rather than destroy.

Others have already explained the very simple and easy ways to clean it, taught naturally as we go along, and therefore not a source of uncomfortable feelings at all. Also, I had reason to believe that sexuality would be richer and better this way, if not, he was free to alter himself as a strong and rational adult, with the right to decent and humane methods.

No adult man would even be asked to consider doing this or any such procedure without abundant medication. I see no reason to extend less consideration to a man when he is at his most dependant and helpless.

Also, I think the lack of basic empathy is a symptom of how desensitized and merciless things are trying to become. By things I really should say "we".

Finally, I am an American, and we have had no problems or strangeness whatsoever. I am not concerned, as I'm sure my son is not concerned, about what other boys or men may think of his equipment. LOL! Obviously it's much more significant what HE thinks of it, and what his partner thinks.

Whose opinion really weighs in more than theirs?

Thank you so much for posting and maintaining this thread (to the OP). It's a deeply important topic and a measure of how much we love, empathize with, and guard our children and their future lives. Let's meet this challenge and overcome it easily, folks.

Many minds have been informed and many sons saved today. God bless you for your efforts!!!!!
Excellent job on approaching this topic with honesty, humor, understanding, and the attention it deserves, all those who posted.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

Why?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I always got told that the reason behind it was to last longer and it makes sense to me. if you think it deprives me of sexual pleasure....lmao how wrong you are. I'm glad I got it done.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Bunken, your post touched me deeply because for a decade, I also experienced physical and mental abuse as a child until leaving "home".

That's why while pregnant I read every book on child psychology and good parenting I could get my hands on.

I also had the good fortune of having one of the sweetest and kindest mother's on the planet..............she died from lung cancer when I was 10. But by 10 I knew that I would try to be as good a mother to my children as she was to me.

I remember her gentleness. Her favorite perfume was Shalimar.

At her funeral the guest and flowers filled three entire huge rooms, hundreds of people came to see her off and she was a simple office worker at a shoe company, not some dignitary.

You have a lot to be proud of that you were able to break the cycle of abuse. Because, from what I have read, those that abuse their children often were abused children themselves................but that's another thread.

Thank you for your post.

edit on 19-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: I think this is a stupid worthless feature but will go along. I had to capitalize S in Shalimar.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Darkrunner

Why?

Because it looks cleaner, and not like an animal....

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Mortified, I would have killed the doctor..............I tried ramming the door when I heard my son scream, but it was a solid heavy oak door and locked. When they opened it, a policeman was there to make sure I didn't get too excited.

The experience, my son was crying and shaking.

They had him untied but I saw the board with the restraints.

He cried for about an hour afterwards. The doctor and nurse did not seem to care, it was business as usual.

This was a Christian Hospital.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join