It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4Chan-Coordinated DDoS Attack Brings MPAA Website Down

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
I sense a disturbance on the net...

How come there has not been an influx of all the "pierats R bad !!!11" people?

Either way, it makes for a good feeling of well being knowing that the good fight can be discussed properly.

Though I do agree that the they should have beheaded one of the beasts many heads and not just kicked it in the pants, I'm sure they still feel the sting however.

And as for the Hollywood producers and distributors going bankrupt ????? Are you crazy?!
A brief snapshot - you know there are many more movies still airing.

Avatar-------------------- $749,766,139 since December 18 2009
Alice in Wonderland--- $334,191,110 since March 5 2010
Iron Man 2--------------- $312,128,345 since May 7 2010
Salt----------------------- $116,451,621 since July 23 2010
Robin Hood------------- $105,269,730 since May 14 2010
The book of Eli--------- $94,835,059 since January 15 2010
Hot tub time machine-- $50,287,556 since March 26 2010

Even HOT TUB TIME MACHINE made 50mill.

Those poor hollywood types will be eating 2 minute noodles pretty soon if this keeps up!!!

That is why I say 4chan needs to find a way to cancel all MPAA credit cards and bank accounts and just delete the money. forget stealing and just make those bastards hurt. GO 4Chan! Hack the planet!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Yeah, that's funny stuff.

edit on Sun Sep 19 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Gee, now THIS is the ATS crowd that I know and love. I'll still be waiting for the paid trolls to come in and defend the record and movie companies who have invited their own demise.
If the companies weren't so greedy maybe we could afford to go to the movies, and if we like what we see, we would go out and buy the DVD for our home libraries. Same with music, but then that is another whole new topic

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
4chan is slowly working its way up from the depths of hell...

If you would have told me 2 years ago that 4chan have committed FOUR acts of heroism in a two month period, I would have called you crazy.

/b/ may be the most vile place on the internet...but they're also the most powerful.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mitman93
4chan is slowly working its way up from the depths of hell...

If you would have told me 2 years ago that 4chan have committed FOUR acts of heroism in a two month period, I would have called you crazy.

What were they?

Just out of interest?

The puppy thing, the cat thing, the MPAA and what else?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mutant
Gee, now THIS is the ATS crowd that I know and love. I'll still be waiting for the paid trolls to come in and defend the record and movie companies who have invited their own demise.
If the companies weren't so greedy maybe we could afford to go to the movies, and if we like what we see, we would go out and buy the DVD for our home libraries. Same with music, but then that is another whole new topic

I think the fact that they have not shown up may lend credence to the idea that they are staff members operating from the MPAA network. Maybe the DDOS actually affected their main gateway preventing the effective use of the organization's network?

Just speculating, but sounds feasible.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Earlier this year, they helped track down a man that admit to having a relationship with his daughter's highschool friend. He was in his late 30's and the girl was just 15. He showed the /b/ forums a pic of the girl who happened to have the name of the highschool on her sweater...

The rest is history

edit on 19-9-2010 by mitman93 because: added details to story

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

Originally posted by I.C. Weiner

On a personal note, I was piss0red when I went to piratebay and was unable to download halo, hoped somebody would take action - aaarrrgghhhh!!!!

You should be careful about admitting to doing anything online that may be considered illegal. I don't know how that works but you said you were trying to download Halo; I'd recommend editing that out.
Just a friendly concerned internet friend

Download on

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I think the "Copyright for eternity" crowd is missing because it's really hard to make a case here.
"The end justifies the means"? No, I really would have no idea how to defend the MPAA here.

edit on 19-9-2010 by debunky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
New Update

Guess the lust for blood has not calmed yet, a new raid is coming into play and this time the target is RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America)

The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) is a trust that represents the recording industry distributors in the United States. Its members consist of record labels and distributors, which the RIAA say "create, manufacture and/or distribute approximately 85% of all legitimate sound recordings produced and sold in the United States".

The announcement flier (with personal edit to follow T/C of ATS)

Don't know whether it will reported by media or not but free info. never harmed anyone. Don't know whether the raid will be successful or not but coming from fail guy it probably won't have any impact so don't hold you're breath. Plus adding that slogan at the bottom will start a @storm anyway and no meaningful action will take place
!

I guess people are sending a message

and it's high time these big corporates listen!!! What say you?

edit on 19-9-2010 by EFGuy because: failed spelling...............again :/

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

This is a fight that's been in the store for years, and it's finally happening out in the open...

Big bucks and corporate bureaucrats, mainly from the US, facing hordes of skilled hackers with a cause, from everywhere on the planet... or in other words, the people VS big business. Now here's an interesting football match to follow! Victory of the latter is somewhat predictable, though.

edit on 19/9/10 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Order from Chaos. I said it back when they tracked down the puppy girl and I'll say it again, these folks are a real force to be reckoned with.. Now the real question is who is in charge?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I like the idea of a dos attack. The "bring them down their high horses movement" has just begun hehe

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Now the real question is who is in charge?

I'll say people are incharge...the collective hivemind is what makes it tick. You see people don't care as long as you leave them alone. When corporations like these start messing with people..do this..don't do that...is when the something emerges from inside us (yeh apart from the morning dump
)...that "thing" is incharge.

edit on 19-9-2010 by EFGuy because: *sigh* dont ask..ok it was tags and spelling again ..what did you expect?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EFGuy

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Now the real question is who is in charge?

I'll say people are incharge...the collective hivemind is what makes it tick. You see people don't care as long as you leave them alone. When corporations like these start messing with people..do this..don't do that...is when the something emerges from inside us (yeh apart from the morning dump
)...that "thing" is incharge.

edit on 19-9-2010 by EFGuy because: *sigh* dont ask..ok it was tags and spelling again ..what did you expect?

Moreover, crooks, like the corporate pigs running the MPAA, are ALWAYS the same, no matter where they're from or how big or rich they are...

Always trying to fool us and steal us until they find themselves in the situation where they have a lot of angry people against them, and their security and well-being gets threatened.

Then they run away, if they are lucky enough to not get caught and hanged by the testicles.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Three words:

We are Legion

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

Well, the ones who actually decide the ratings for films are mostly just ordinary parents. Also, two religious figures involved with the process as well.

That's right. Conservatives are in charge of rating films. Fun huh?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mutant

good post ... its just amazing the amount of money they charge for these things, and they really think people would have the money to pay for it

its just amazing, piracy only helps their industry ... but hey, logic is not one of their strong points ... they want to %¨*&¨# with the poor

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

well its 3:07pm EDT and the attack against the RIAA website is underway. I have been trying to load their website for 2 minutes now and it still hasn't loaded.

Keep up the good work anon

edit on 9/19/2010 by Mercenary2007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Just checked the MPAA website.. it's back up. The news section, not surprisingly, mentions nothing of the DDOS attack MPAA In the News

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join