It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Timeline of CIA Atrocities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
The CIA has always studied and focused on leftist leadership anywhere in the world. Any chance for a developing country to incorporate leftist policies to unite their people through universal healthcare, full literacy rates, advanced education, and nationalization of economy were completely denied by CIA intervention. Even if leftist governments were democratically elected, the CIA would find ways to assassinate leaders or launch coups to replace effective leadership with war criminals and dictators. Millions of people were raped, tortured and killed around the world in the name of American imperialism and the CIA made it happen. At least when the Soviets did it, they cared about the people affected instead of assessing the cost of "collateral damage".

So, according to you, the CIA is responsible for everything bad and evil that's happened in this world? And the Soviets were the good guys, always looking out for the people??

Talk about drinking the Kool-aid. Do yourself a favor and take a quick trip to Berlin and speak to any woman that was there when the Soviets overran the city. She'll give you a good idea about how "caring" they were.

Actually you have no idea what I think. CIA doesn't care about anyone's beliefs or cultures, just American supremacy. While the Soviets sometimes did their business in a brutal manner, they only did so after trying to do it in the people's interest first; and when they lost, they knew when to pull out and not drag on wars killing millions of people like the US does.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I had no idea about any of that history of the CIA, I never understood that top businesses were using the CIA to gain their status of power overseas like that, or why America was becoming a superpower while the rest of the world was engaging in dictatorships.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Actually you have no idea what I think. CIA doesn't care about anyone's beliefs or cultures, just American supremacy. While the Soviets sometimes did their business in a brutal manner, they only did so after trying to do it in the people's interest first; and when they lost, they knew when to pull out and not drag on wars killing millions of people like the US does.

Actually part of the reason the Soviets failed was due to the fact that they became such a huge beaurocracy, I'm not sure that the Soviets produced anything of commercial value besides tanks which they sold to the political warlords in the countries that were trying to fend off the CIA's factions of subversion, well, that and big oil too.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Actually you have no idea what I think.

And I really don't care, either.

While the Soviets sometimes did their business in a brutal manner, they only did so after trying to do it in the people's interest first; and when they lost, they knew when to pull out and not drag on wars killing millions of people like the US does.

"Sometimes" brutal manner? You're joking, right? Yeah, the Soviets were always just looking out for the little guy.

How about the millions starved in the Ukraine? The Gulags set up where they worked to death thousands of their own people? The Polish officers and cadets murdered at Katyn Forest? The German civilians that were dragged away to the same Gulags to be worked to death after the war? The KGB crushed the Hungarian Revolution and "Prague Spring". Guess that was just another example of the Soviets looking out for the people.

Or when they re-opened Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp, renamed NKVD Camp Number 7 and Special Camp Number 1. When the East Germany government fell, they did some digging and found 12,500 bodies. Women, teenagers, and old people.

Yep, they really were looking out for the "common man".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join