It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broke Towns Can't Afford to Drug Constituents with Fluoride

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Broke Towns Can't Afford to Drug Constituents with Fluoride

www.informationliberation.com

Who said the recession is all bad? On the bright side, it's forcing some towns to stop adding fluoride to their water supplies. A small town in Alabama has decided to stop fluoridating their water due to economic reasons, they say it will save them 50k a year.

"I guess we wound up saving about 50-thousand dollars a year in the production of our water, and we're a small system so 50-thousand dollars a year is a big savings," said Joe Beasley, Red Bay Water and Gas Department.
Apparently, they actually looked at the science, so perhaps they felt the recession was as good an excuse as eve
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.montgomeryadvertiser. com
www.waff.com

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
18 water systems in state stopped adding fluoride!source
I think this is great news!

I can only hope this trend spreads, and spreads quick!

After all, its really time people stop drinking the flouride!
Maybe we could get Pelosi out of office?

Yes, what a terrible tragedy that the government doesn't mandate by law people's own tax money be used to forcibly drug their water supplies!
In all seriousness, this is a good thing!
Dont ya think?

www.informationliberation.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 17-9-2010 by burntheships because: format

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

This explains the Tea Party!!

I am a big advocate of the Tea Party despite the Tea Party Express, Palin, Beck, and now O'Donnell. I am still a fan of the original movement that started in those little towns. Now we have a good idea what got all those people to "wake-up" and start participating and noticing that they were getting shafted!

Thanks OP!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Hey, at this point, it is time to get them out, whatever it takes.
I personally am a big fan of the Tea Party myself.

Now, back to the flouride...
Who says the recession is all bad!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Exactly!

Recession equals layoffs=smaller governments. Recession=budget cuts=no more frivolous spending.

I am surprised though. You would think that less police force would require more flouride, not less? Perhaps the city management did not put enough thought into this plan. If I were a city planner, and the city was in a depression, unemployment, frustration at government, and we had a budget crisis. I think I would "temporarily" lift restrictions on prosititution and gambling. I would up the dose of flouride. I would divert funds to parks and recreation. And I would go on a "feel-good" crusade. Maybe politics isn't my fortay?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well actually, if you would really do those things, you would have a very sucessful career in politics!

Diabolical, I bet they do think that way!

Actually, it seems that it is the economy that is driving this, along with the fact that Alabama does not mandate that flouride be added to the water.

Sweet Home Alabama!

Go, Alabama!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I still can't believe people think it's a good idea to add fluoride to the water.

Fluoride just should NOT be in the water no matter how messed up peoples teeth are.

edit on 17-9-2010 by illumin8ed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Yes, it is good news. Very good news because the dangers of fluoride are not to be underestimated!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
We should all queston our beliefs now and again, if our belief's can repeatedly stand a good scrutinise you know you still believe in the right thing. I kind of believe that flouride is bad, but I'm starting to question if it's anywhere near as bad as we think.

The reason is that I've not drank tap water for 3 years and we only use bottled water for cooking, do I feel any better than I did in any way? Nope, I feel exactly the same to be honest, I only did this because I hate the taste of tap water.

Also, where's the 'real' proof that it's super bad for us? Where is the really substancial proof that flouride is bad for us? All I've seen is a few internet articles on the matter. Why has there not been any major documentaries on the subject if there's anything to this huge claim? We see documentaries on chemicals in our food, surely if there was a government cover up for flouride in water then there'd be one for food too, that's why it doesn't make sense and why I'm starting to think it's possible that flouride isn't anywhere near as poisonous as the people here say.

edit on 17-9-2010 by Hawkwind. because: spreaded post out

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Talk about your silver linings! This is great news. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
The reason is that I've not drank tap water for 3 years and we only use bottled water for cooking, do I feel any better than I did in any way? Nope, I feel exactly the same to be honest, I only did this because I hate the taste of tap water.

Well, obviously you are no scientist.

Just because you don't feel different, doesn't mean it's not effecting your body. Your body is not designed to feel everything. Most people don't feel cancer before they are diagnosed with it.

Also, just because a drug doesn't have any noticeable side effects, doesn't mean there are none.

Also, where's the 'real' proof that it's super bad for us?

Just watch the video I posted. There are several scientific studies done about the effects of fluoride on the brain, and the teeth. In fact, too much fluoride is bad for your teeth, it's called "dental fluorosis". Also, they have reasons to believe that fluoride causes women to give birth to children with A.D.D., as shown in studies with rats.

Fluoride is poison, plane and simple.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by illumin8ed

I agree, completely!
Hey thanks for the video!

Dont Drink The Flouride!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I also wanted to add... my best friends mom is struggling with thyroid problems and has to take thyroid medication every day for the rest of her life now, because the city she lived in accidentally added too much fluoride to her water. She already settled in court and won, but so many people were effected that she got next to nothing for it.

It's bad for you... it's a poison...

No problem.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

Just want to say my experience with water, tap water was totally different than yours.

I stopped drinking tap water, as my body was having some kind of allergic reaction to something.
My doctor was befuddled. Then my water agency released info that there was an error with one of the chemicals they were using, they had corrected the problem and no one should have had any problems, cept for a mile allergic reaction.

It has been years since I drank unfiltered tap water, and literally, every month that goes by I notice how much better I feel. I also notice a difference in not just the way I feel, but the way I think!

edit on 17-9-2010 by burntheships because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well, I guess its a silver lining if you believe in the flouride conspiracy.

I tend to go with proper studies verses quirky conspiracy theories. Funny how the people whom believe in the whole flouride conspiracy that is based almost completely on a very dodgy initial study by the EPA are typically the same ones that say global warming is hooey...which the EPA has stated is not hooey.

it simply makes no sense.

here...ask a damned dentist

Facts

Yet I know there will be not a single person that will read the source, or indeed the linked studies...because for some really weird reason, you would rather think the gub-ment is poisoning you and dumbing you down.

some people on this website need no flouride to dumb them down...nature took care of that long ago..what is sad is that they are spreading their willful ignorance to favor paranoid fears about misrepresentations.

enjoy.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Saturn,

Appreciate your comments. It really boils down to this, for every dentist that says Yea, there is a dentist that says Nay.
Why? Because more Dentists today know the truth, and the truth is that Flouride is a toxic waste.
www.naturalnews.com...

And global warming? Well that was a trendy catch all name...and take a look at todays headlines...

White House Says, Global Warming Out, Global Climate Disruption In

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

And you wonder why people don't roll out the red carpet...

Scientific Facts on
Fluoride www.greenfacts.org...

The Department of Health in New Jersey found that bone cancer in male children was between two and seven times greater in areas where water was fluoridated. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) researchers confirmed the bone cancer-causing effects of fluoride at low levels in an animal model. A new study has shown that fluoridation of water is linked to uterine cancer deaths.
www.holisticmed.com...

To be fair.. The National Cancer Institute www.cancer.gov... has found little correlation between fluoride and cancer but there are some who question whether this group is indeed searching for a cure... or ways to stay in business?

Do you suppose any government agency would admit...yes fact is we've been poisoning you but it is to cure tooth decay. Look how nice your teeth are. Sorry about the cancer...but what a smile!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by illumin8ed
Well, obviously you are no scientist.

Did I claim somewhere that I was, Professor?

Just because you don't feel different, doesn't mean it's not effecting your body. Your body is not designed to feel everything. Most people don't feel cancer before they are diagnosed with it.

You're stating the absolute obvious. People say that one of the main characteristics of flouride is it's ability to 'dumb down' people, my point is that I did not notice any change in mentality and neither did anyone close to me.

Just watch the video I posted. There are several scientific studies done about the effects of fluoride on the brain, and the teeth

Just read the link that Saturnfx posted. For every link you can post with people saying it's bad for you there's another link saying it's not. Who should we believe?

You know, you hear the term ''sheeple'' being banded around in reference to people who only believe the mainstream media but I believe there are also conspiracy theory sheeple who are just as gullible, people who just jump on the conspiracy bandwagon for the sake of it and believe anything they hear just because it's whispered underground, ATS is becoming a cliche. Still, I love the place

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Great post,

And who above was speaking of numb minds?

Promoting Flouride in the water is like promoting teeth whitening agents in the water.

Fluoride is a topical treatment. When natural mineral fluoride is placed onto the surface of your tooth enamel, it helps remineralize that enamel, thus improving your resistance to cavities. But to swallow fluoride in order to treat your teeth is a lot like swallowing hair coloring chemicals to change the color of your hair. If you're going to treat the area with the topical treatment, you're not supposed to swallow it. You're supposed to put it in contact with the surface needing treatment.
The whole argument about fluoridating public water supplies brings out, I think, the worst of organized medicine and organized dentistry. It shows the egotistical, power-hungry nature of the American Dental Association and those dentists who follow its dangerous philosophy of demanding that people swallow bioactive substances on command -- "for their own good," of course.
www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

We see documentaries on chemicals in our food, surely if there was a government cover up for flouride in water then there'd be one

edit on 17-9-2010 by Hawkwind. because: spreaded post out

Hey there, hawkie, here you go! Flouride Science is Tobacco Science.
Oh, and you might need to shave all that fluffy wool away from your eyes before you watch...

Google Video Link

edit on 17-9-2010 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join