It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broke Towns Can't Afford to Drug Constituents with Fluoride

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
For those of you who drink bottled water to avoid flouride. I have personal
experience (as a truck driver) of how bottled water is manufactured and
labeled...

Most bottled water is regular city tap water. If the label says Spring Water
that means it contains 10% spring water and 90% filtered city tap water.
I don't what the the truth in advertising law says about labeling, but at
the plants I visit and pick-up from the employees know it is a scam.

Bottom line, buying "bottled" water doesn't protect you from ingesting
flouride.

There are filters available for personal use. One is located on this
site, but it is pricey. Careful only a few of the expensive filters on this
site purport to remove flouride. www.berkeyfilters.com...

And be aware that flouride is in your toothpaste. If you truly want to
abstain from ingesting flouride make your own paste from baking soda
and a little water or occasionally add hydrogen peroxide. There are many
recipes for homemade toothpaste on the web as well.

I think it is MOST important to filter flouride during the newborn stage
of development. All my kids have gotten the lecture, but adults in my
family drink tap water. I don't allow diet drinks in my home either, and
strongly urge drinking brewed tea with cane sugar, no aspartame, and
as little corn sugar as possible.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Rival, Thank you for that great contribution! Excellent post!

Yes, not all bottled water is equal, for sure!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

You don't see the effects of it over night or 3 years. But if you want to know look at people over 50 years old. The ones that walk good, ask them the source of their drinking water. The same question you should ask from those that cannot walk. I read a lot and I honestly believe that many of the diseases stem from the use of Fluorides. Now if you don't believe it, nobody is going to force you. But a wise person is the one to listen, do the home work to verify things if it is something that's going to effect him or his loved ones.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Since this happened in Alabama, maybe the officials there came their senses and realized that Fluoride actually does NOT help out teeth in anyway whatsoever.

Being that most folks there in that state (and also the surrounding states) have HORRIBLE teeth to no teeth at all. Prove positive that fluoride doesn't work just by looking at their mouths. Fluoride does NOTHING beneficial to teeth, and luckily the bad habits of folks in that state just PROVED it enough to qualify water fluoridation to be a WASTE of spending.

We can therefore THANK them in Alabama for there lack of teeth cleaning and maintenance. So thanks. Hopefully we can end this poison called fluoride!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ra.ra3

It isn't a lack of hygiene, it is a lack of dentistry! I know plenty of people around here that refuse to go get regular dental checkups or repairs. Instead they wait and wait, and then they spend $50 to get the tooth pulled. No need for Dental Insurance, no big deal, they have a whole bunch of teeth anyway!

Honestly, I don't know why, but here in the South, a lot of people actually operate that way. They may brush their teeth everyday and drink their milk, but they never go to the Dentist. When something happens and it costs $600 to repair, they just wait it out. Eventually the tooth either falls out, or they can get it pulled for $50. They see it as a bargain?

At some point in their advanced age, they can buy dentures for $99, or recycle some other family members dentures!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I am just glad that they ended the fluoridation in the water there. Hopefully this will be done everywhere since fluoride really is a waste of spending and is VERY dangerous to the health of humans.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Just a little reminder, if people find specific information on exactly which city or town stopped fluoride and when they stopped it, take a note and keep the info for a couple years, wait for statistics on crime rates, drug use and poverty levels, also check the levels of wealthy people. We just might see a trend, or maybe not.

edit on 17-9-2010 by wiredamerican because: Beer made me spell bad.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

That would be an excellent study.

Keep an eye on Alambama, they seem to be taking the lead in "Dont Drink The Flouride".

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I just checked out the wiki on dental fluorosis to see pictures of what this looks like. My oldest daughter was born in 1997. Now at 13 years old her teeth look just like the pictures...she gets teased at school cause of them and no amount of cleaning at the dentist gets rid of these streaks. I used tap water in her formula.

To top it off..by the time she was 3 she was diagnosed with ADHD. When she first learned to crawl she got into things like most kids her age do...but she couldn't learn that it was a "no no" so to speak and no matter how many times i would swat her hand or pull her away and say no she would go right back to getting into it....throwing massive tantrums when i told her no. By 5 years old she was destroying everything...climbing whatever she had to to get into things i would try to hide from her...my makeup she destroyed so many times i just threw it all away and gave up wearing it for 5 years. We had to put locks on the fridge, freezer and food pantry cause she would get into all of that and make the most massive messes in the house with syrup, sugar, jelly, chocolate syrup, cereal...whatever she could get her hands on. Nothing worked. She is now 13 and even though she stopped getting into things like she used to shes still highly destructive, combative and hyper. She will curse you out and throw things at you and hit you if she doesnt get her way. We have yet to find a medicine that works to calm her down without drugging her at the same time. Mental hospitals just take her and drug her to the point she can barely think.

Now..her biological father had ADHD along with a lot of other things that she now has...ODD (opositional defiance disorder) which is not good when mixed with ADHD...she has mild OCD, Bi polar, Depression, Anxiety, Suicidal, borderline Homocidal (sic) ( i believe this as she has physically harmed her brother and sister and threatened to kill them, which is why she lives with my parents and has since she was 9 but we are inthe process of bringing her back to live with us) she also has serious anger issues.

I believe that perhaps the fluoride in the water may have caused the ADHD that was already there to become worse than it would have been without the fluoride. Her bio father was a bit hyper but nothing compared to her.

You would think after 10 years of trying different medications they would have found something that helped her think clearly and keep her calm without making her 'drugged up' at the same time but...we haven't. She knows something is wrong...she says she wishes she didn't act like that but she can't control it, after her tantrums she cries and appologizes not understanding why she acted that way.....it is so frustrating and upsetting as a parent to not be able to help your child. And now to think that it may have been caused by fluoride in the water just ticks me off even more...

I have two other children that are younger than her, they are a bit hyper....especially my son...but not ADHD hyper..though i'm sure that a shrink would probably say otherwise...they behave just fine and i've never had any major issues with them. They are from a different father as well that doesn't have any hyper issues. At 10 and 12 they are very well behaved and great kids with open minds. My 13 year old can be this sweet wonderful helpful child at times...then at others you wonder if shes possessed or something. It breaks my heart....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join