It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Row after Pope's remarks on atheism and Nazis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
fighting talk from the catholic church i didnt expect godwins law to extend to the real world and the vatican. Trying to link atheism to the nazis is a bit out of order.

I dont know where the popes been but britains never been an overtly religous nation faith has always been a private matter. Unlike America If politicians here went on about God all the time they would get nowhere near office. I suspect if the nation knew how religous blair was he might not have made it to being PM.

Pope criticizes britain for being too secular. Sorry your holyness thats the way we like it.

About blairs conversion the reason he didnt do it before he left office is that in non-roman catholic countries , catholic politicians were traditionally viewed with suspicion becuase its perceived they take their orders from the vatican not from the electorate. That view isnt helped by the church, John kerry was threatened with the withdrawal of mass by americas top catholic for his pro- choice abortion views.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Oh, and birth rates amongst Catholics does not compare to that of Muslims

Oh really?
I forgot about the giant Muslim baby conspiracies of apparent Muhammad being the most popular baby name in the UK

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join