It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Row after Pope's remarks on atheism and Nazis

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Hitler said many things in his climb to The Chancellery.

Hitler first of all said he no intention to bring about a Greater Germany.
Guess what, then Austria became part of a Greater Germany.

Of course you are aware that upon taking The Sudetenland he declared he had no further designs on Czechoslovakia.
And I know you'll know all about The Munich Agreement and "peace in our time".
Lo and behold what happenned next?
Yep, annexation of the whole of Czechoslovakia.

Poland?
Exactly the same.

German - Soviet pact?
Stuck to that didn't he!

Clearly a man of his word and to be taken at face value.

Using Hitler references and quotes holds no credebility at all.

He said and used what ever he could and needed to gain control and power.

Hitler, like anyone, should be judged on his acts and deeds and certainly not by his politcal ramblings and machinations.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Sorry, I forgot to ask; exactly what influence has The Catholic Church got in British politics because I don't think I've noticed any,quite the contrary in fact.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

People keep saying in these threads that the Pope hated the Nazis and "Didn't want to be in the Hitler Youth"

Strangely this is exactly the same thing that every single person in Germany said the minute that the allies rolled into town, suddenly people living next door to concentration camps never knew a thing about them and every single one of the German people had never liked the Nazis. It's strange that they managed to make such an impact really with a population that was 100% against them

We only have the popes own word for these assertions, a word that keeps changing as on his last visit to Jerusalem the popes press office said

"The Pope was never in the Hitler Youth, never, never, never,'' Father Federico Lombardi, chief spokesman for the Pope, told a press conference in Jerusalem.

Now all of a sudden he was, but he didn't like it

After the Hitler youth Joseph was member of an Anti Aircraft unit

Joseph Ratzinger was a member of an anti-aircraft unit protecting a BMW factory that used slave labor from the Dachau concentration camp

I guess he didn't like that either as he says that "he never fired a shot"

edit on 17-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmmonSeth
Firstly, He (like all the others) were forced into the Hitler Youth movement,

Secondly, he never said atheists were Nazi's, simply that more and more often in these times, Atheists actions are becoming SIMILAR to those of the Nazi's who formed views on people because of their views on God (he is just relating to something that britain went through already in history), and how Atheists seem to persecute those who believe in god

By the same token, surely he is doing the very thing you say he is pointing out. He is discrediting atheists by associating them with Nazi's. This is a known disinfo tactic. Damning something by association.

He could easily have made the point, if as you say that was the point he was trying to make, by simply stating that he observed that atheists formed views on people because of their views on God. Why bring in the Nazis?
Because it's a sneaky, cheap NLP tactic. Discredit by association.

By criticising atheists in this devious way, he is likening those who don't believe in God to Nazis, ie. evil, criminal. So he's also doing the very thing he is criticising the atheists for. He is forming a view of atheist people basied on their views on God.

Mind control, psyops and hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Manipulation through guilt.

This is something I've been thinking about today, prompted by the Poop's earlier comments on secularism.
Two things struck me. One, that this man who is supposed to be God's representative on earth, or some such thing, on this rare papal visit to the UK, does not spread words of uplift, but words of criticism, of 'warning'.

It struck me that the thrust of what he says is designed to hit people's 'guilt' button. Having just read the comments about atheists and Nazis, I see the same strategy at play.

My analysis of these comments are that they are both consciously intended to induce feelings of guilt and division. What, otherwise, is the purpose of the analogy with Nazis.

Perhaps there is a more concealed message also towards those who deny the Holocaust.

Also, more and more people are making the correlaton between the Illuminati (of which he is one) and the Nazis, so again, this looks very much to me like more mind manipulation tactics. This is the classical one of blaming others for what you are actually doing yourself. That way you put yourself 'beyond reproach',

The lack of joy, compassion, uplift are remarkable for someone who is supposed to represent all things good in life.

So, despite the rather obvious NLP tactics, he remains, for me, the epitomy of all things evil.

We are all sparks of the divine, we just have to remove the obstacles to our seeing this for ourselves. The role of the organised Church and other religions is to stop this from happening, stop us from seeing who we really are, so we remain under the control of the criminal mafia of which they are part.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

People keep saying in these threads that the Pope hated the Nazis and "Didn't want to be in the Hitler Youth"

Strangely this is exactly the same thing that every single person in Germany said the minute that the allies rolled into town, suddenly people living next door to concentration camps never knew a thing about them and every single one of the German people had never liked the Nazis. It's strange that they managed to make such an impact really with a population that was 100% against them

We only have the popes own word for these assertions, a word that keeps changing as on his last visit to Jerusalem the popes press office said

"The Pope was never in the Hitler Youth, never, never, never,'' Father Federico Lombardi, chief spokesman for the Pope, told a press conference in Jerusalem.

Now all of a sudden he was, but he didn't like it

After the Hitler youth Joseph was member of an Anti Aircraft unit

Joseph Ratzinger was a member of an anti-aircraft unit protecting a BMW factory that used slave labor from the Dachau concentration camp

I guess he didn't like that either as he says that "he never fired a shot"

edit on 17-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Nice post, and just one more example of the lies and hypocrisy of him and all his gangsters.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
double post deleted.

edit on 17-9-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Sorry, I forgot to ask; exactly what influence has The Catholic Church got in British politics because I don't think I've noticed any,quite the contrary in fact.

The influence of the Vatican on British politics is huge, as it is all over the world. The Vatican, which fronts as a 'religion', is an immense political and economic power in the world. Some believe the Pope is at the very top echelon of the Illuminati.

Quote:
“No political event or circumstance can be evaluated without the knowledge of the Vatican's part in it. And no significant world situation exists in which the Vatican does not play an important explicit or implicit role.” -Baron Avro Manhattan, English historian, Knight of Malta, The Vatican and World Politics
Unquote:

The Vatican in World Politics. Avro Manhattan
www.cephas-library.com...

The Vatican's Holocaust.
www.reformation.org...

The Vatican Exposed: Money, Murder, and the Mafia, by Paul Williams
atheism.about.com...

2009–2010 Vatican money laundering investigation
In 2009, the Italian magazine Panorama reported that Vatican Bank is currently being investigated by Italian authorities from the Financial Intelligence Unit of the Banca d'Italia and the Guardia di Finanza over money laundering transactions worth €180 million (US$ 218 million) through a branch of UniCredit located at Via della Conciliazione across to St. Peter's Basilica.[17] The bank handles accounts of the religious orders and other Catholic associations using the offshore status of the Holy See.[18]

In 2010, prosecutors started the investigation of the Vatican Bank and ten other Italian banks namely UniCredit and Intesa Sanpaolo.[18]

Scandal, Intrigue and Mystery. The Scandals of the Vatican Bank.
www.concordatwatch.eu...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Across the various papal related threads currently on the go I have heard allegations that Ratzinger was and still is a fully fledged Nazi, that we in ths country have had a major confrontation with Catholic tyranny fairly recently, that The Catholic Church exerts significance influence on the political scene, The Catholic Church heads up The Illuminati, runs the world banking system and is basically the perpetrator and instigator of all the worlds ill's.

Now there may be an element of truth in some of this but not a single piece of evidence has been given to support any of this and all of it is merely opinion based.

This in a country where the only religion legally forbidden to marry into the Royal Family is Catholicism and where the Prime Minister was unable to publicly announce his Catholicism for fear of ridicule and disaproval.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure Hitler was of a Roman Catholic faith.
In fact, I think all of them were Catholic!!!!
*gasp*

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Catholic Church had a successful rate of getting exemptions on government legislation. Do the research, the Independent wrote a piece (back in 2006) on the Catholic Church being the greatest lobby group in the United Kingdom. Their large network of charities are used as political weapons against those who legislate against them.

Regarding Hitler, Freeborn, you might want to analysis the religious doctrine of the Third Reich. The Nazi's were far from atheist and exclusively studied the occult and the works of Theosophy and Helena Petrovna Blavatsky. The investigations into the origin of the Aryan race, and it's mystical association to the Master Race, were based upon spiritual beliefs - which were then perverted by the Nazi hierarchy.

edit on 18-9-2010 by infinite because: Hitler

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Well, as Catholics are by far the largest minority within the UK then you would expect a certain amount of representation and lobbying.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Err, please show me one quote where I said Hitler was an Atheist.

All I have done is repute claims that he and The Nazi's were practising Catholics.

Hitler would use anything if it helped him gain and maintain power and control and further his cause.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Well, as Catholics are by far the largest minority within the UK then you would expect a certain amount of representation and lobbying.

According to this 2007 survey, the "Church of England" is actually the largest minority with most people stating they have "No religion at all"
The Catholics are only at 9% not that far ahead of Muslims

Somehow though if you are a radical Muslim cleric you are banned from entering the UK all together but if you are a radical catholic (I would consider a lot of the popes statements about homosexuality, contraception and atheism pretty radical) you get a red carpet and a million pounds worth of police protection provided for you by the tax payer

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Plenty of radical Muslims visit the UK.
Some even live and preach here.
Some even openly state they wish to turn the UK into an Islamic state.
But of course that's ok....but those dastardly Catholics, they are decidedly different aren't they.

It is estimated that there are approxmately 2.5million Muslims and 6million Catholics in the UK today,quite a considerable difference.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

As far as I know none of the clerics have had an audience with the Queen, or were given hundreds of police officers to guard them from the repercussions of their idiotic rhetoric

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I merely pointed out the spiritualism of the Nazi ideology. And, Catholicism is now the largest Christian denomination in the United Kingdom (due to immigration from Catholic nations and the birth rate among Catholic communities in this country)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
um ok...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Not sure why anyone believes for one second that The Pope actually wrote that speech? Isn't that why he has a speech writer & spin-doctor?

Much ado about nothing, he's a silly old bugga who really just wants to stay home, have a few wines & watch the footy!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Catholicism is the largest PRACTISING Christian denomination, there are still more people in the UK who state their religion as Church Of England than do Roman Catholicism.

The ironic thing is, ask them what the difference between the two are and very few have a clue!

Oh, and birth rates amongst Catholics does not compare to that of Muslims, believe it or not the vast majority of people who were raised Catholic don't pay much attention to The Pope when it comes to contraception!

edit on 18/9/10 by Freeborn because: contraception etc

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join