It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why some see future in dreams

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Lucid Lunacy..I disagree....while anyone can of course interpret the simple....my son lately who loves to cook is dreaming a lot about cooking a huge elaborate meal that every one eats and he doesn't get to.....he has no time working two jobs and having 4 children for himself...that's simple, a child could figure it out. When you get to true in depth interpretation...no, someone else can not interpret it for you....unless you know the other person intimately (not sexual intimacy) and most definitely not an internet board! MHO.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
Ever heard of illusory correlation? Look it up. I am not trying to put you down, but merely stating what the scientific world would say about precognition in dreams.

I know that the scientific world would say it isn't possible and I think I understand what you are saying about illusory correlation. I don't think illusory correlation would really explain what happened to me though. There were just too many details that matched.

Do still have those kinds of dreams or was it just two year thing?

Dreaming the news was just a two year thing.

And about remembering dreams, do you still remember them? The chances that you remember the exact detail of the dream is simply unpossible. Many times I know I dreamed about something, but could never put my finger on it. Is this true with you too?

I do still remember my dreams pretty well. Not all, of course not, but those dreams that I do recall, I recall with great clarity.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Lucid Lunacy..I disagree....while anyone can of course interpret the simple....my son lately who loves to cook is dreaming a lot about cooking a huge elaborate meal that every one eats and he doesn't get to.....he has no time working two jobs and having 4 children for himself...that's simple, a child could figure it out. When you get to true in depth interpretation...no, someone else can not interpret it for you....unless you know the other person intimately (not sexual intimacy) and most definitely not an internet board! MHO.

Well what exactly are you disagreeing with LadyV? You just stated the only way a person could interpret for another is if they had intimate knowledge of that person...which is what I was saying...

The simple example I gave was just that--a simple example, and was not relevant to the overall idea I was tring to convey.

...and most definitely not an internet board! MHO.

I was just responding to your specific post. I was not factoring in the other posters. I think trying to interpret another persons dreams online, over the phone , or from a book is ridiculous to say the least.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow

Originally posted by surfup
Ever heard of illusory correlation? Look it up. I am not trying to put you down, but merely stating what the scientific world would say about precognition in dreams.

I know that the scientific world would say it isn't possible and I think I understand what you are saying about illusory correlation. I don't think illusory correlation would really explain what happened to me though. There were just too many details that matched.

What scientific body are we refering to? I think precongitive dreams fits quite nicely into many quantum mechanic models.

IMO: Illusory correlation (activation-synthesis hypothesis) as an end all explanation to dreams is complete nonsense. The theory states all dreams are random and meaningless because the neural activity during REM is seemingly random (so dreams are JUST the minds way of interpreting this random activity).

During waking state the brain is firing seemingly random signals all throughout the brain (typically less intense then REM, but monitor your brain when you're in a serious combat situation...in the dark). Point is neural activity is just that...active. It is just as random during waking state. So then by this model are we to conclude waking life is random and meaningless? I'm not trying to open the door for a deep philisophical discussion...I think you see my point.

[edit on 072828p://5u11 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is a less physic answer but i get stuff like that too, could it be that you see something in a dream or wherever and then an event is something like u had in your dream and your brain just makes you think something different then what was really in your dream. I know i have had times where i remember things that never, so my brain just made them up. jut an idea.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
First, how did you learn that your memories of some things were just made up? Did someone prove they never happened?
I had dreams that I described to others before the events occured, which negates the idea of my mind changing the memory of the dream to fit the event. Also, in one case, as the event was unfolding, I predicted what I should see next, if the dream was right, and then sure enough there it was. I've only had maybe half a dozen in my whole life, and they were mostly about insignificant events. I never knew which dreams would be ones, and never thought too much about the importance or reason for them until this year. They were just 'neat', and also a source of much derisive ridicule, scoffing, and mockery from my peers, which used to annoy me.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This happens to me a lot and it used to freak me out but now im really interested in trying to learn more and see if theres some kind of way to control it. But with the whole traumatic experience thing, im 14 and i cant remember when this started, a few years ago at least, but there isnt really anything i can connect this with that changed me that much. I was tapped by a car (barely hit because they hit the brakes) but thats pretty much the last thing that happened to me, if anyone figures something out please e-mail me i wanna try to figure this out. E-Mail: [email protected]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Yeah, I am one of these people also.

Could it be something as ridiculous sounding as being psychic or sometihng to do with time ?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
myyearbook.com

jon parrish.

look for me and i will try to explain my theroy and i have a long and alot of very likely causes.

message me and i think i can blow away your mind with this stuff

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cerberus

Hey, I don't know how to explain seeing things in dreams. I just know they scare the crap out of me. Two days ago I had a dream about my boyfriends grandmother. She is in perfectly good health. But I had a dream that she was in the hospital and passed away. Which is what happened today.
I never want to sleep again because it's not the first time it's happened.

-Confused

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
i remember my first time it was a very vivid dream i had of a man in a tuxedo leanig next to a man in a staight jacket. That night when watching T.V i saw that very same image on America's funniest home videos. i was so scared i didn't want to believe it at first then it started happenig more but it would be wierd thing like a fat building with lots of lights in between lanes of a high way and sure enough on my birthday while traveling near foxbough (The Paitriots stadium) i saw the image.

who knows what this is maybe it's cloideing nurons that make blacke whole in that we can see the future all i know is that those of us who have this ability are peacil kind of

this sort of thing run in my family my grandpa has a six sense about people he knows a bad person by instinct ( ikow it doesn't sound like much but soak it in foer a while.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

hi, this happens to me too. Only, i haven't gotten into an accident. what is it?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
the same thing happens to me, i basically have a dream of whats going to happen during that day and only remember what happened in that dream as it happens. i want to be able to control it cause for one, it'll be fun screwing with my friends telling em whats gonna happen next and seeing how they would react. and two i sometimes get the de-ja-vu feeling when taking a test so maybe if i can control it i can get the answers. i wonder if i would get in trouble for cheating if i did that, not that they would know if i did. lol.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
how bout this... when people talk about dreams the first thing in mind would be subconscience... and i know this might sound crazy but what if... since subconscience carries our memories of the past, could it be that what we dream of happening already happened.... think of it this way... if we dont have any sort of memory or even a hidden memory we wont have subconscience... and if we dont have that we wont have dreams... dreams are composed of our figments of imagination that is percieve through media... i dreamt of chucky (from childsplay) once that he was off to get me... but i dreamt of it cuz i was watching it before i went to bed... it became a memory in my head that in my dream made it somewhat realistic.... so what if the time were leaving at right now... we already lived on it before... out of biblical sense... if there is a God (i believe there is nonetheless) since He is forgiving as the bible indicates... maybe some of us that are having these "future" dreams... we died and asked for a second chance and make things right.... im not sure... but all i know is... it happened in the past and we (some of us) are relieving it... that is probably a logical explanation concerning this issue... i mean a parallel universe, time travel are all mythical... but if u really think of the definition of subconscience and how is it realted to our dreams and how are our dreams triggered at precise times... this might as well be an acceptable theory...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
i some times see the future through dreams but i see pain...... not simple thigs one just happen to day the night befor i dremed about a boy in my class had a big slash across his face when i went to school he had the giant slash but would tell me how he got it i am scard ...... what if i see some one dieing what do i do try to alter the future and then when it didt work make it feel if it was my fault they died i wish there was more resone well ...... what do i do?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Let me now if anybody has any insight on this....im kind of freaked out. i had the most vivid dream 2 nights ago that there was a herd of deer in my yard and the next part i rember was suddendly seeing a pack of wolves runing throught the yard.... something about it bothered me but i couldnt put a finger on it?
I woke up today and went in the kitchen for morning coffee and as i looked out the patio door i counted 18 deer running through my back yard! i was shocked!
I have lived in this house for 2 years and always say...i cant believe we dont see deer with the farm fields....... i guess i got my wish? i know this all signifies something? it was too coincidental?
Marie
[email protected]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

the same thing happens to me but i want to know how to control it

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The only thing I've ever experienced is dreaming of fiery plane crashes before they happen. Once it was a vision as the event was happening just minutes before the first breaking news casts. I thought I had grown out of it, but then four days before the plane in Buffalo went down I had dream where I saved my sister by grabbing and ducking out of the way of low flying plane, it was upside down, and it crashed into the neighbours yards into a massive fire. (Our houses backyard - you can see entire blocks backyards if that makes sense) Anyway this latest one has made me realize, I haven't grown out of it and why such a useless 'talent'? The only I can think to ponder is maybe this has something to do with a past life. Ahh well. Other events included TWA 800 as the vision and a year before 9/11 I had a dream that was planned as a art project about six months before hand and six months after the dream. Strange and slightly annoying.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Science people science...

I get these dreams too. I told my teachers and searched online and they told me that I saw events that I expected to happen. But then I realized that more than content I would see these "deja-vus" triggered by tiny details such as the askew angle of the eraser on my desk or the position of people in a photo. There's no real scientific (proved, and certified method) for this phenomena as of yet. Until someone can prove otherwise, the best and most scientific explanation is coincidence. However I do believe that this may not be the case, more research needs to be done.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join