It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why some see future in dreams

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2002 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Why do some people see thier future in dreams? I do. Just everyday stuff, taking a test in class, ordering food, so on and so on. Why?But, this didn't happen until my car accident(dang drunks) Now I see my future every now and then, and dont know it until it happens. I get a deja vuu feeling, then reconize(sp?) what is happening.

Is it because it is when our brain shuts down, it opens up new areas in your psyche? Or is it your sub conscience part playing out what you will do the next or the day after and so on.

posted on Jul, 16 2002 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Hmmm...really don't know for sure.

I have this theory that time is NOT in fact linear...in that is doesn't go from start to stop in a straight line...but kinda twirls around like a helix of sorts, or criss crosses etc.

Also...I don't believe that the spirit is governed by the constraints of time...that time has no bearing/limit upon it. So perhaps when we dream there are occasions when we loose ourselves in spirit...and via spirit we transcend the twisting/crossing path of time gaining a peak at not only our future but our past as well.

Though as The Oracle said to Neo in the movie The Matrix "...oh...whats really going to fry your noodle later on is 'Would you still have broken it if I didn't say anything'.."

...self fulfilling prophecy??? Perhaps in a way we create our fate...

...visualise - actualise...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jul, 16 2002 @ 05:28 PM
link   
When you're dreaming, you are out of your body, so you're in a different plane (with a different vibrational frequency) than on the physical plane...

On that physical plane time is just as Alien describes it. So in theory, you're able to time travel to any place in anytime instantly... I think then that you'll travel to the most probable past or future...
(All possible pasts and futures exist!!! You just even think one moment about something and it's a probability) (multiple universes/dimensions)

So if you're interested, learn to have lucid dreams, remote viewings, or astral projections. It's possible to reach that plane with each of those three experiences...

posted on Jul, 17 2002 @ 03:06 AM
link   
you may have damaged your temporal lobe in the accident to being experiencing this so much..
but, on the topic of lucid dreaming, i've been really into that lately... trying to get into my dreams.. and slowly, very small coincidences keep happening.. i know when someone is going to call..etc.. just little things.. i could be projecting thoughts via telepathy, but... i don't know.. and i've been having visions.. as well as what happens in my dreams with others coming true the next day...
what did you think of the movie Vanilla Sky? it seems a lot of people didn't like it, but i was really into it.. i loved it.. loved it so much , that i watched it 2 times in a row!!!it was like a roller coaster for my mind...
am i the only dreamer that understood it and liked it that much??
let me know....

posted on Jul, 18 2002 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Hmmm...I'd be interested in techniques for the mental discipline of lucid dreaming.

Any suggestions for some source material?

posted on Jul, 18 2002 @ 08:31 AM
link   
www.Astralsociety.org is good, I started to use it.

posted on Jul, 20 2002 @ 10:45 PM
link   
hmm the same thing happens to me... but i wasnt in an accident.. but my element is water and that is a trait of it...

posted on Jul, 25 2002 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Well, to be honest, the same thing happens to me. However, I have experienced no accidents in my lifetime.
However, not only do I experience this in my dreams. I meditate often (usually 3 times daily for 3 hours at a time, or so), and during my meditation once I tune myself out from the outside world, I begin to see images of my life...some are of the past (the most visible was my brother's car accident that killed him) and, on more occassions, I see small things in the future, though sometimes I see (not-so-large, not-so-small) things such as relationship break-ups, friends/family members funerals, and one vision of my own death
. I haven't yet learned to control these visions (I usually end up blacking out and coming to lying in the same position I began meditating in (???).

posted on Aug, 5 2002 @ 03:09 PM
link   
here are my theories on the topic.

#1 A head injury could cause a "stroke" like effect in which the brain's connections are ruptured and for a while the "victim" may lose memory, or mobility, or whatever, but as the brain rebuilds the pathways around the damaged area, other areas , or avenues of the brain are accessible. (i.e. '___' causes the brain to bleed, tiny ruptures of pathways, this is why it was speculated that '___' could make you smarter. also, trepidation, a technique in which a small hole is drilled in the skull, to relieve pressure on the brain or to drain blood from stroke victims. When a hole is drilled in the skull, the brain is washed in blood. The only other time the brain is washed in blood is when you're born, and only then if you're born naturally. You're supposed to feel enlightened later.

#2 Consciousness and Sub-Consciousness
I think it entirely plausible that our subconscious mind often percieves and even analyzes incomprehensible factors to give us a intuition and a gut feeling about people, i.e. bad people, and future events. Often I think it manifests its self as anxiety and racing thoughts, or multiple thoughts at the same time.

One method of realizing something that is in the sub conscious is to voluntarily lose sleep, and after a few days the conscious mind will be forced to rest causing the sub conscious mind to surface and share the attention of the individual with the conscious mind. Beware, people have went crazy from lack of sleep. Our sub conscious often stores things that our conscious mind can't handle psychologically. That is, things we know, have realized, whatever, that we are too scared, or whatever, to face consciously.

I do believe that if an individuals mind is capable of calculating the factors to predict an outcome it must be done within the sub consciousness as it would require multiple attention on multiple factors calculated simultaneously. Impossible for the conscious mind.

#3. Don't mess with you're brain. Don't do '___' as you're probably getting bull # manufactured by jethro clampet of the beverly hillbillies, and even if you're getting a pure and unadulterated product, there is no way to control where the ruptures will occur. I knew a guy who stuttered for six months after doing acid until his brain repaired its self. Don't stay up for days on end, the psychological effects are probably irreversible and there's no way to predict or control those effects.

Just a warning to anyone who would try something silly in the hopes of enhancing their mind.

posted on Aug, 6 2002 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Ummmmm, '___' can make you smarter? Then how come all the druggies are dumbfricks who laugh hesterically when you say Hi to them? Oh well, I don't need drugs, except for Mountain Dew, have to have it.

DO THE DEW!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2002 @ 11:40 PM
link   
when i was at school i once dreamt i was in a boxing ring....i got knocked down and i remember being mad because i thought i was better than him.......i got up and later in the fight knocked him down and he fell out the ring through the bottom 2 ropes.......i also in the same dream was walking with two other people one at each side between two what i thought were oak trees towards a big wide open field...........it was at this point in the dream i stopped walking and looked left and right noticed we all had red t-shirts on i looked down at myself and saw blue baggy shorts and black canvas pe pumps......if your not english these are black canvas shoes with a rubber toe cap the dog wouldnt chew up........if you are you know what i mean when i say up to that point id not questioned in my mind one detail as being anything but normal............i know its possible to know you are dreaming and not be able to wake up but in general the reason you wake just before having sex with the girl is because you realise you dreaming just before you put it in................anyway it was at this point i woke up............i woke up feeling as though id had a really nice dream........the colours were really vivid and bright........i felt good.......because id just taken boxing up and was not far off my first fight and to see myself winning a fight in a dream was a good sign i thought..........better than dreaming about losing one anyway..........it was the pumps though they didnt fit.........when i was little other kids laughed at anyone wearing them.......i was 15 and not been forced to wear them since i was 6........yet just before i woke i was staring at a pair of black ones i myself had on........these were the shoes before baseball boots......once there was a choice no one even admitted to ever owning a pair...........the real reason of course was it suprised me........why am i wearing these........... i questioned the dream through the day......i was wearing baggy blue shorts.........pe shorts.........out of fashion before pumps....i tried several times to get back into the dream but never managed it.......i also lost my first fight and my desire to be a boxer............it was a mis-match and i got beat up.....he could box and he hurt me...........i felt his punches for a long time after the fight...... i could feel how hard they were by just thinking about them...........i joined the army 9 months later as a sixteen yearold junior soldier..... just before this i also after months of persuasioin had climbed in the boxing ring and won my second fight.........we were split into 5 companies......a b c d s.........every year they have inter-company sports competitions......boxing is by far the most popular............i decided to try for c-compamy team........there were 2 of us trying for the middleweight place......the day before the team was announnced we sparred each other........we had trained together for 3 weeks and i knew i could beat him...........when he caught me as i was falling i remembered the dream i remember hitting the canvas thinking i win this fight........when he went through the ropes i took a mental picture ill be seeing when im 90...........9 months later having made the battalion team ......as army champions we were representing england and fighting the welsh national team.......we also decided as we were in the army but fighting for england to do so in army issue pe kit...........after the fight myself...carl crookes and jock gourlay were walking back to barracks and as we left the boxing hall to cross the mile square sports pitch..........i realised i had pumps on......we were under 2 huge oak trees..........i looked across the field i looked left at jock i looked right at carl......i stopped and looked down.........red t-shirt baggy blue shorts..................rolled down green army socks and army issue pumps......never think a dream is about one event.........if i saw into the future i didnt know i had until i reached it

posted on Oct, 19 2002 @ 09:44 AM
link   
yes why is that... we have deja vu... i mean what good is seeing the future if you dont realize it until it happens... i guess it is faith.. you have to have faith that you saw it and are looking for it when it comes....

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 01:38 PM
link   
even though it wasnt until i was knocked down i did remember the future because i knew how i won the fight..... if id dreamt id lost would i have carried on to see if the dream came true?if i had faith and was certain that was the outcome......8...9......10......shake hands wish him luck .......... what i saw after that was myself realising id dreamt about what i was doing...........i was seeing myself remembering a dream.

Jen

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 10:49 AM
link   
In my dreams I usually have dreams of people dying and then a day or even hours later I find out that they really died!!
That happened with my grandpa and a really good friend of mine!
Then right after another good friend of mine died i had a dream of him. He was in a really bright light and he looked and me and said NOT too cry for him or to be sad because he was happy were he was at and that everything would be Alright!
Freaked me out!!!!

And then in ALMOST ALL of my dreams the house I am at is my grandparents old house!!! This really bugs me! Why do I ALWAYS dream of that house???? I haven't been there since they passed on but i just can't get it out of my head! I can tell you detail of how that house was and where everything was at! I haven't been inside the house for about 7 or 8 years.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Ok, people turn up dead when you dream and see them die. Here a suggestion, stop dreaming. That way they stop dieing. I know it may not cause it, but it might. Cause and effect theory.

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Another website which may help is
www.spiritualtravel.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I won a weekend in Frisco, and I suddenly stopped in my tracks as my partner and I were leaving fishermans wharf. She asked why, and it was because the view of the surroundings was exactly from a dream a few weeks earlier. In the dream I was on a boardwalk, and to my right was a landscapers truck, a white pickup with shovels, hoes, rakes etc. in the back. It was parked in the middle of the boardwalk on an angle, not lined up with or close to anything else. The spot I stopped walking was the point where I suddenly saw the same view as my earlier dream. This is one of maybe ten in my whole life, and is a very short one.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Is your life very redundant? Maybe the same types of things happen to you on a daily basis, so when you dream of them and they happen again, it seems like you predicted the future. I had a dream once that I had no clothes to wear for school. There was this one shirt that I really didn't want to wear, and in my dream I kept opening the droor, checking it, and going back to find other clothes to wear. I was late because of this. I woke up, and this actually happened to me.

Maybe a change in pace will cure your ailments

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I remember a strong instance I had of deja vu it was at a huge concert and I had never been to this annual event before and when that instant happened I stopped dead in my tracks weirdest feeling I've ever had.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I have been dreaming about future events on and off for almost 30 years, so I feel that my theories on the subject are worth noting.

1) I believe that Einstein was mostly right - time is curved, all time is now, etc.

2) Lucid dreaming is great fun but can actually mess up precognitive dreaming. If you know you are dreaming you tend to act/react differently to what is going on in the dream. Later you may find that the dream that started out precognitive ended up so altered by your dream actions that it has been rendered usless (for precognitive purposes, anyway.)

3) If you don't remember your dream-come-true until it is actually coming true, then you may only be a few short steps away from having incredible precognitive abilities. You only need to work on dream recall skills, and these are not all that difficult to develop.

4) General feelings of deja vu are very different than precognitive dreams. There is an organic / psychological reason for many instances of deja vu.

5) I have never used '___'. I have never had a stroke (someone mentioned drugs and injury / illness earlier I believe). I did have a concusion at a young age and I do currently have Pseudo Tumor Cerebri. I have talked to others who are capable of precognitive dreaming and injury / drugs do not appear to be a prerequisite.

Hope these comments are beneficial to someone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join