It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope is a wonderful human being

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by Yissachar1

Not to disrespect you,but what in the world are you talking about.
Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Please define the word church in this verse. Why wouldnt Jesus want his followers to follow God? In this case this would be the God of the OT. Isnt religion defined as the belief in a God.

Peter was not the bishop of Rome. There is no evidence that he even visted it. Do some objective research.

Religion is a man made thing. Yeshua came against it all the time by saying "you have heard it said" "but I say" then gave the true interpretation of tha scripture. The only burden Yeshua left us with is to "love God and love people".. No religiosity there! Yeshua came against doctrine and the religious elite all the time, in fact you only have to read matthew 23 to see what He felt about religion and those that practice it. The fact you cant see that and need it explained is proof in itself that you dont know Him.

It aint about religion but it is about relationship. Seek Him for yourself.. He is a personal God who wants to know you without the religious bs...

Be real to him without it.

Matthew 23 states "call no one on earth father, for One is your Father. He who is in Heaven".. Yet you would go against God Himself and call some human degenerate who let child abusers to escape justice andcall that "father" even "holy father"... pffft..

Its evil beyond words

edit on 16-9-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

You really dont know how the Church operates do you?

There is not much more to say here. This statement pretty much nails it.

There is way too much hatred of the Roman Catholic faith, the Pope, and general misunderstandings of the faith here to ever get through.
You can't win the argument. Why waste the time?
Pray for all and be secure in your belief system, whatever it may be.
It's funny, because I was looking at the posts on the other thread regarding the Pope's supposed comments about atheism. He never even made those alleged comments in that context whatsoever. However, nobody cares, because their virulent hatred of him and the Catholic faith makes that point irrelevant. Launch a hate point and off they go.
Furthermore, I find it ironic that the Pope has never at any time said one word about the blatant hypocrisy of the thousands of other faiths, who have within their members pedophiles, child abusers, wife beaters, husband beaters, murderers, drug abusers, alcoholics, et al... in ranks of deacons, faith formation leaders, preachers... however, because it isn't the Catholic faith, these people aren't blown up and splattered all over the international news.
The hate filled comments of a Jerry Falwell, a Pat Buchanan, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton... these are all "religious leaders" who are predominately negative, skewed, and bigoted toward a group or many groups... the Pope never makes any kinds of comments like those "Godly" men.
However, they are never vilified as such.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
The Pope is visiting the UK this week for 4 days.
Ive been closley following the proceedings on Sky News, i was really expecting to not like the Pope, but after listeneing to his speeches he is a wonderfull man.

Im not a Roman Catholic, i belong to no religion, but i don't understand all the hate aimed towards this man, his speeches talk of world peace, and all faiths coming together to live in harmony, he met Hindu leaders and Muslim Imans, he has great respect for the Queen and of the UK.

Yes Athesists may not like him, but being Human is about respecting other faiths and religions.

I will closely watch the Popes visit to Birmingham this week, where a huge crowd is expected to visit him, more than the 80,000 which joined his mass in Glasgow earlier this evening.

Respect to the Pope and his wonderful mode of transport the popemobile

edit on 16-9-2010 by Haydn_17 because: (no reason given)

How can you claim he is a great man just because you have listened to his speeches. Have you met him personally? Do you know what he is like when the cameras are off? No you don't. I have never met him but I have been following the news for the last 2 weeks and I agree he TALKS a good game, but ACTIONS are louder than words and this SICKO is protecting PEDOPHILE preists. A friend of mine is a lawyer and has had to prosecute pedophiles here in England and something he said to me 2 years ago still sticks in my head. A judge was summing up a case after sentencing a pedophile to 17 years in prison when he said 'I my experience the people who protect pedophiles are THEMSELVES pedophiles'. Now I am not calling the pope a pedophile but a good god fearing man would NOT protect a pedophile or obstruct the police with investigations into the abuse. There is something not right with this former Nazi IMO.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Hefficide

Truth is is that his accusers wanted to bring him down because they felt that he is the leader and that he should ultimately be held accountable. This is hogwash. The three individuals should be held responsible .Not him.He did the right thing in my opinion.
Jeesh, you make it sound like he was there..

It was alot more than three abusers, and how do you know he (the pope) wasn't involved? Who made you their witness?? Every preist that has been accused should be investigated. We are talking about child abuse for f***s sake. Why are so many catholics making excuses for Pedophiles?????

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WENEEDAREVOLUTION

I really dont feel the need as to entertain this thread any much longer.The Pope did not molest anyone,and he should not be held responsible for any other mans actions period.Members of the clergy Priests, Deacons,Bishops ect, Do not follow the Pope.They follow God, and God alone reserves the right for Judgment.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
After watching a news report about the Pope's meeting with the Queen, my current view of this Pope is that he seems to hold genuine affection for her.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Haydn_17

Haydn...

While I do applaud your positivity I fear you might have picked a poor target for your well wishes.

As a Cardinal it appears that the Pope probably made some very unchristian choices.

As a Cardinal he was subject to the authority of his boss, Pope John Paul II who appears to have condoned quite a bit of child abuse.

As Pope he's cracking down much harder than his predecessor did.

There's always going to be child abuse in that church. Priests cannot get normal sexual satisfaction, they get to hear all the nasty thoughts of children who are required to tell everything ... what an invitation to perversion. I'm sure it's been that way thru the centuries, sometimes worse, sometimes better. Ratzinger is a "better" one, but he cannot clean it all up, the church is what it is because of its rules and structure.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by oniongrass

Entirely fair enough and point well taken!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by oniongrass

Im sorry I just had to butt in,

As a Cardinal he was subject to the authority of his boss, Pope John Paul II who appears to have condoned quite a bit of child abuse.
This is absolutely BS. Cardinals do not have Bosses!!! Priests do not have BOSSES!!! The POPE IS NO ONES BOSS!!! Why must you think that the Catholic Church is structured as a business or a government.
Each position in the church is an individual vocation.No one is "higher" up than anyone else. God is the boss.

As Pope he's cracking down much harder than his predecessor did.
lol
what are you talking about? cracking down how?The Pope does not enforce God laws like a police man enforces traffic laws. This makes no sense.

There's always going to be child abuse in that church
Theres always going to be child abuse in ANY church.

Priests cannot get normal sexual satisfaction, they get to hear all the nasty thoughts of children who are required to tell everything
I wont even entertain your train of thought here.

Ratzinger is a "better" one, but he cannot clean it all up, the church is what it is because of its rules and structure.
The Church follows Gods divine laws.And the Church has not change since day one. The Pope is not cleaning anything up because there is nothing to clean up.And its not his "JOB" The Pope does not have a "JOB" he has a vocation.
God and God only reserves the right for judgment.

edit on 18-9-2010 by oliveoil because: REASON # 826

top topics

<< 1   >>

join