It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope is a wonderful human being

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The Pope is visiting the UK this week for 4 days.
Ive been closley following the proceedings on Sky News, i was really expecting to not like the Pope, but after listeneing to his speeches he is a wonderfull man.

Im not a Roman Catholic, i belong to no religion, but i don't understand all the hate aimed towards this man, his speeches talk of world peace, and all faiths coming together to live in harmony, he met Hindu leaders and Muslim Imans, he has great respect for the Queen and of the UK.

Yes Athesists may not like him, but being Human is about respecting other faiths and religions.

I will closely watch the Popes visit to Birmingham this week, where a huge crowd is expected to visit him, more than the 80,000 which joined his mass in Glasgow earlier this evening.

Respect to the Pope and his wonderful mode of transport the popemobile

edit on 16-9-2010 by Haydn_17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
erm... maybe he is not such a nice guy afterall,

have a look at this...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Respect to the Pope and his wonderful mode of transport the popemobile

This is question to some christian:
Why Pope needs bulletproof popemobile? Shouldn´t god have to protect him?

edit on 16-9-2010 by Zmurfix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Blah fricken blah!

Ratzinger was in charge of the "complaints department" for the RC for many years.

The SOP (standing operational procedure) for sex cases was to bully. The person who complained was taken heed of but was threatened with excommunication from the church if they talked.

Excommunication for those who dont know is in the mind of the catholic, to be cast out from God. Their names blotted out of the book of life. No redemption. Just eternal hell..
Yet those priests were just moved eleswhere and not prosecuted

Hushed up

If you or i abused a child we would rightly be in prison.

Not them it seems.

That is just a small part of the roman abomination.

There is literally many tons of blood, vice and uncleaness on that thing they call "church" that i gag just thinking about it.

Disband that thing tommorrow and the wealth would solve world hunger,

"Mother" church is a psycho killer and so is her harlot daughters (protestant, evangelicals, charismatic)

Yeshua came to destroy religion...

edit on 16-9-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I really don't see how people could dislike the pope.Nice post.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

This is a joke post right?

his speeches talk of

its all talk...

whats his actions? protecting child molesting priests...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Haydn...

While I do applaud your positivity I fear you might have picked a poor target for your well wishes.

As a Cardinal it appears that the Pope probably made some very unchristian choices.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

If one wants to persecute someone for the choices one made in the past, Why don't you persecute St PauL?
Point being what difference does it make the choices the Pope makes.The church is ultimately under Gods direction.We are all sinners.

edit on 16-9-2010 by oliveoil because: Reason # 47

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

I wasn't aware that speaking truth qualified as persecution. It was not my intent to persecute anyone either way.

I do believe in forgiveness. But I also believe in reciprocity. This man owes me no apology, but I do feel there are people out there who deserve one.

Then again, being that I am not Catholic, I do not consider the Pope to be anything other than a man and the church he represents to be a fallible entity capable of error.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Well you most certainly are correct.The pope is just a man and is fallible.Question, What would you want the pope to do that he has not already done to address the issues?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Well, something better than this:

The Pope was accused in a lawsuit of conspiring to cover up the molestation of three boys in Texas, but sought and obtained diplomatic immunity from prosecution.[21]

Source

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

According to the source he was accused!!. Did he do it? or did he not?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Thanks to his request for and acceptance of diplomatic immunity we probably will never know the truth. In my opinion a man who holds such a high office shouldn't want doubts such as these hanging over him. It is in the interest of his own church for the truth to be known. Why would he, knowing that, seek to obfuscate it with legal trickery?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

My Lord said "many are called. but few are chosen", and "Get out of her (the church) my people lest you share in her sins"...

Paul is dubious.

All prophecy was sealed with Daniel.

Yeshua spoke from the Tanakh. HIS word that He gave true interpretation that went against the religious..

"Suffer little children let them come onto me" "woe to those who make the least of my little ones stumble. It would be better for them if a millstone was placed around their neck and they were cast into the sea".

By those words every church is f@cked! And mankind..

Hence why we needed a saviour. It aint buddah or mohammid, its Yeshua HaMoshiach.

One way to God not many.. Simplicity...

No religion... Love God, and each other

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Truth is is that his accusers wanted to bring him down because they felt that he is the leader and that he should ultimately be held accountable. This is hogwash. The three individuals should be held responsible .Not him.He did the right thing in my opinion.
Jeesh, you make it sound like he was there..

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Wow you apollogists know no bounds,

He knew what was.going on but did nothing..

Awfull...

Vile...

Unholy..

Your posts will be ignored by me from now on... Defending the indefensible is satanic...

Yuck!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Paul is dubious.

Why would you want me to believe that?

All prophecy was sealed with Daniel

?

Yeshua spoke from the Tanakh. HIS word that He gave true interpretation that went against the religious..

This would make sense considering that the NT wasn't written yet. however, what is your point?

I just dont understand what you are trying to say.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Wow you apollogists know no bounds,

Awfull...

Vile...

Unholy..

Your posts will be ignored by me from now on... Defending the indefensible is satanic...

Yuck!

How is the Pope responsible for another mans actions.What was the result of the three who molested these children. Only God can forgive or condemn...not a man.

Who is he to do something? You really dont know how the Church operates do you?

edit on 16-9-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2010 by oliveoil because: reaso # 876

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil

Paul is dubious.

Why would you want me to believe that?

All prophecy was sealed with Daniel

?

This would make sense considering that the NT wasn't written yet. however, what is your point?

I just dont understand what you are trying to say.

The point is that Yeshua did away with all man made religion yet His word was used as a means to destroy and turned into an abomination by that filth of a church. Read history.. The inquisiton,learn their torture techniques. Their rejection of Gods people. Their burnings. Their wealth accumilation. The power struggles. The way they shut victims of their abuse up whilst they got away free thanks to people like this pope who enabled that and threatened victims with excommunication if they spoke out..

Well documented and true.

Vile!

Paul is another story

edit on 16-9-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Not to disrespect you,but what in the world are you talking about.
Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Please define the word church in this verse. Why wouldnt Jesus want his followers to follow God? In this case this would be the God of the OT. Isnt religion defined as the belief in a God.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join