It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with Godlike Productions suddenly following me on Twitter? (UPDATE)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Just an update on the situation.

I decided to try to check out GLP and see if they had any threads about their apparent luring of new members by the Twitter follows and/or Facebook friending.

This was only the second time I visited their site -- the first time being over a year ago, and I certainly did not register there.
After clicking through some different forums, I got the message on a page that my IP was banned by them. LOL

SORRY - YOUR IP ADDRESS HAS BEEN BANNED - Thank you for not stalking! If you need help you can email [email protected] we sometimes have to ban entire ISP Providers because of attacks on this website.. If you have been inadvertently caught up in one of these bans please accept our apologies email us and we will try to clear it up for you

Your advice worked better than I could have hoped for.

Thanks for the good tip S.O.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I know of no way whereby a user of Twitter would be able to compare and know your IP once you also use their site. I don't think you IP ban and tweets are connected.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Maybe it's my ISP.

Whatever the reason it is perfectly fine by me.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The irony of this situation, is that you can be banned on GLP for no reason whatsoever. And when you are a message that says "your IP address has been banned blah blah blah but at the end it says THANKS FOR NOT STALKING US.
I popped over there months ago, did sweet FA and somehow got banned.
And yet I find this message " you are being followed by GLP" in my email today.
So I"m banned there and have been asked to not stalk them and I'm now being stalked by them sending me unsolicited emails.

Sounds like one big mind f ....to me.
I'm closing my twitter as I never use it. I got some points for opening it but I'd happily have them deducted.
The whole thing is a waste of time. IMO

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hey I too got a follow request from Godlike Production 3 days ago. I am not even a active twitter user.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
From having a nose around on GLP it seems they want more paid members and have even made it so that paid members can ban and delete ACs from threads, in the hope more ACs will become paying members. They also had a pinned thread, about a week ago, asking people to add them on facebook which is probably so they get access to all your friends and convince them to become paid members too.

Seems to me they're after money more than they're keeping tabs on ATS and/or members here.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I got followed by GLP on twitter and I sent them a nice tweet in response. >: D~

I obviously cannot re post what I said, (violation of the T&C is a massive understatement) But I think that I have a plan to get them from following me that is a bit more up MY ally. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c3a455180ea.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 9/27/2010 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Did it work? As I never asked for them to follow me and I care not about them I have no problem cussing them out. If it will work to get them to leave me alone, I'm game.

It seems pretty sad that they have to resort to such tactics.In the meantime, I retweeted a bunch of ATS threads to them, maybe that'll get them off my back.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Not sure, cause after I was done cussing them out I blocked them. I really don't know if they got the hint or not. I wasn't subtle so I think they should have understood.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Most likely an automated function when you tweeter a combination of interests.

Justvhave them unfollow.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well, I went and retweeted a bunch of ATS topics. That got them to stop following me me real quick like. Not that I really care but if I don't visit their website then they can leave me alone.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Yeh, I'm curious about GodLike Productions myself. I haven't looked at their site for yonks, probably only ever been on their site three of four times and do not recall posting any comment whatsoever

Anyway, tonight I click on an article on google that is posted on GodLikeProductions.com and guess what? My ISP is apparently banned from the site.

Have no idea why, so I signed up for GodLikeProductions.info which is a separate site possibly created by someone who'd had a similar experience.

Why are they banning random net users from their site and then stalking other random net users? I'd be interested to know more..

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ozzydave

Should have read the other response before posting the above questions.

I just read the response by Maya00a and now it all makes sense.

Basically, GLP is using some tricky methods to encourage people to become paid users.

Still not sure how I got banned, can't remember ever posting there. The site was crap anyway, but my curiosity is now satisfied. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I recently set up a twitter account and immediately started getting followers, before even saying anything? So it lies dormant ... honey trap anyone?

As to GLP, they've add my "IP" to the list of banned, which is strange because i've never been a member there or anything. Just dropped in as anonymous, which obviously i never was (?)

Just a question though, either they are banning IP's indescriminantly, or they are banning them in a far more specific manner than they have any reasonable rights or abilities to do. Add the fact that they are actively persuing "conspiracy theorists" on twitter, well how far have they gone, and is it illegal? It's stalking, in plain terms.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It's harder posting a reply here, I am cg and have done MANY readings on glp, and it looks as if it may be gone, I doubt it, I think it will be back Monday or Tuesday, It doubled its number of page views so business was not the issue and they can regulate everything else.
Gang stalking, sigh, only is a cyber world, getting a group of people focused on a single task and working together without paying them the moon and health care seems like a but too much.
In any event what I like about these sites it the freedom of opinion, the ability to distinguish oneself as a poster, or in my case as a psychic remote viewer, maybe I'll do readings here when I can post, who knows, but the dirty little secret of media is that there has been a lot of competition, few spots and many seekers and many great talents and insighful minds never see the light of day because they kannot spel. sigh.
It's not spelling and it is not who u know, it is what u say

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Oh as far as bans, they never banned me as cg, they did ban my iphone a number of times, they banned my friends i phone too so I don't take it personally, I still do readings, Habits are hard to break,

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If the tptb wanted to guage and dissuade the attitude of the aware people , what could they do ? ask everyone face to face ? no impossible , they have to Want to tell you they need to feel " safe to share their opinions "among like minded people "
How would they intice people , They could a create a "safehaven" , tptb would create a forum for the "aware" that was "better" ie best presented most features etc than all others with an army of censorship experts who have absolute power, where your not allowed to share the work of other aware people as its competition to the forum
Where respected truthers like John Lear are not allowed , where Jim Fetzer has to endure post after post of abuse from "truthers" that back the 911 story 100 % . .................
edit on 6-2-2011 by Doomzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Once again, I seem to be off of the radar! First I don't make the disinfo agent blog and now GLP doesn't even want to friend me on Twitter... I'm beginning to get a complex here!

In all seriousness I checked earlier and nothing on my Twitter... But then again, I haven't even signed onto Twitter in six or seven months.

edit on 9/16/10 by Hefficide because: I have dyslexic fingers apparently

ahah Heff
i made the shortlist

Disinfo agent

facebook and twitter .. were created to check up on people and steal their personal info
i will never subscribe to these site ..

ATS is the only forum for me

why would we need Youtwitface ? we have ATS

GLP is amateur ... ATS is professional by far
thats why i have register here after following many threads
edit on 2/6/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I had never even been on GLP until 2 weeks ago when i saw a thread mentioning it, didnt know what it was, yet when i got there i was banned too..why??

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by Hefficide
Once again, I seem to be off of the radar! First I don't make the disinfo agent blog and now GLP doesn't even want to friend me on Twitter... I'm beginning to get a complex here!

In all seriousness I checked earlier and nothing on my Twitter... But then again, I haven't even signed onto Twitter in six or seven months.

edit on 9/16/10 by Hefficide because: I have dyslexic fingers apparently

ahah Heff
i made the shortlist

Disinfo agent

facebook and twitter .. were created to check up on people and steal their personal info
i will never subscribe to these site ..

ATS is the only forum for me

why would we need Youtwitface ? we have ATS

edit on 2/6/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

wool pulled over your eyes enough? ask project camelot and john lear what they think of this place
edit on 6-2-2011 by Doomzilla because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join