It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with Godlike Productions suddenly following me on Twitter? (UPDATE)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
ADMIN NOTE:
For those concerned about a relatively easy method to remove yourself from being followed, simply start doing this.

Hello all. This morning I logged on to check my emails, as usual. In my inbox was a message from Twitter saying that Godlike Productions was now following me.

Godlike Productions (@glptweets) is now following your tweets (@Chamberf_6) on Twitter. Godlike Productions @glptweets 205 509 222 tweets following followers You do not follow Godlike Productions. What's Next?
• Find out more about Godlike Productions on @glptweets's profile page.
• Send Godlike Productions an @ reply.
• Send Godlike Productions a direct message.

My question is WHY? I have only gone to its site once, and that was enough for me. I found it to be a pretty crap site--no style, nothing near the T & C as ATS, and such a difference in quality that compared to ATS it's like a chunk of feces floating on the net.
How did GLP learn of me to even follow me on Twitter? I can only guess of course, but I think it may be since I follow ATS on Twitter.
Are they trying to lure me away from ATS to them? Are they trying to discretely keep up with the topics on ATS, so that they can improve THEIR content?

Has this happened to anyone else?
Any ideas why they would even want to follow ME on Twitter? I am the first to admit that I am not the brightest star in the sky of ATS by a long shot...
So again, WHY?

To be honest I'd rather that they didn't follow me and that they would forget who I am and leave me alone...

edit on 9/16/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: added to opening post

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Has this sort of thing happened to anybody else here?
Any ideas or theories why GLP would do this?

eta: Mods if this is in the wrong forum, please move. I wasn't sure where to put it.

edit on 9/16/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: of the above explanation.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Disturbing is correct! I was just asking SO why and how glptweets (GodLike Productions) found me on twitter. I'm not an active user of Twitter, I just retweet relevant art and news to my 30 followers

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hasn't happened to me but then ATS is the only forum I liked so much I actually joined! Had I experienced something like this, I would be pretty paranoid about it and might contact them to tell them to bog off stalking me.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

Well at least I'm not the only one this happened to. I sort of use Twitter the same way you said.
Maybe their site is struggling and they are trying to get their name out there?
The how and why just makes me scratch my head...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I just checked on Twitter and since I received the notification that GLP was following me, they have added about 300 people that they are following. What the hell?
BTW I reported them for spam. LOL

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I'll do the same right now.

2nd line

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'd block them too... although I deleted my twatter and will almost certainly delete my farcebook once Diaspora is up and running.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
As a member of ATS Godlike Productions is following me on Twitter, too..although I`m not so much active on Twitter..mhh..what do they want?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I also received notice this morn that a "GLPTWEETS" began following me on Twitter. This is rather alarming as I've never "tweeted" on Twitter, and I only follow three entities, one of which is @abovetopsecret.

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The apparent owner/operator of the godlikeproductions website (Jason Lucas) has long been rumored to have nefarious intent. And while such rumors have been postulated regarding the owner/operators of abovetopsecret, there appears to be some substantiated information regarding the former here -- www.ethericwarriors.com...

Jason Lucas & Alex Shamash boss is Gen James N. Mattis, USMC – current Commander, U.S. Joint Forces Command

One may speculate, with some concern, as to the motivations of an apparent defense-industry connected spyware purveyor who proactively seeks to "follow" those who "follow" @abovetopsecret.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Apparently GLP is now following my band.

I wonder what their favourite track is?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Once again, I seem to be off of the radar! First I don't make the disinfo agent blog and now GLP doesn't even want to friend me on Twitter... I'm beginning to get a complex here!

In all seriousness I checked earlier and nothing on my Twitter... But then again, I haven't even signed onto Twitter in six or seven months.

edit on 9/16/10 by Hefficide because: I have dyslexic fingers apparently

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

That's a bit disturbing to hear. What they gain from following members of ATS would seem small compared to the effort of reviewing everything we tweet. I know I have said it before, but What in the Hell?

Nef -- Don't Look Back

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

You would be notified by an email from Twitter. Until I got the email this morning, I last checked Twitter a couple weeks ago to see what Mark Z. Danielewski was up to.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by Hefficide

You would be notified by an email from Twitter. Until I got the email this morning, I last checked Twitter a couple weeks ago to see what Mark Z. Danielewski was up to.

I used a throwaway Yahoo account to sign up for Twitter and when I checked it, just now, it had been deactivated. I reactivated it now, and will wait and see if anything from Twitter pops up.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I just received a friend request on Facebook from GLP. Anybody else get spammed?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Not yet, but my Facebook is linked to my primary email and is active so I'll not miss it this time if it happens.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

This is getting weirder. Do you think someone hacked GLP or if they are doing all this themselves?
If they really do have ties to the government like said above, this isn't a very discreet way to keep tabs on us ATSers.

eta: By the way, you said earlier that you messaged S.O. about this...did he reply?

edit on 9/16/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
GLP is a vortex of insanity in comparison to this place.

My IQ immediately dropped by 10 points when I visited it, only to rebound once I came back here to ATS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join