It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with Godlike Productions suddenly following me on Twitter? (UPDATE)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
After visiting their site a couple of times, we got a route kit virus in our computer. Our provider notified us that we were using crazy amounts of bandwidth and shut off our internet until we fixed the problem. I will not be going back to their site, just in case.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
They're just trying to grow I think. For the most part it seems to be run by a decent group of people. Alot of strange individuals show up on the boards,but the mods seem ok. I post there and hop in the chatroom sometimes. Not a bad forum.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
What bothers me is how many ATS'ers tweet and facebook. Conspiracy theorists are paranoid
and careful....No tweeting, no linking, no facebook, no cookies.

You have to hijack your wireless from a neighbor and use second-hand laptop.

There are RULES to follow people. Now delete those accounts soldier and man the
bank of surveillance monitors...stay alert!!

edit on 16-9-2010 by rival because: (no reason given)

I know right who tells everybody about they go to a conspiracy site unless they want attention?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I am beging followed by GLP, too.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I had never even heard of GLP until I got the Twitter follow. It does seem a bit suspect for them to suddenly target ATS users this way...

Im going to delete my Twitter anyway... I only used it for the game.

ps, not recieved anything via facebook yet...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Speaking of conspiracy forums:
I had to link my yt account with my new google account which is linked to my new email account, and when I went back on my old email from a social website that is not twitter (deleted,) not facebook or myspace (never joined,) still I was logged in to my email. Funny, not so much.
Folks, can't we face it yet? Everything we do is tracked, and all this linking BS is just icing to distract us from the fact? BTW, when I linked to my new google account, the terms state they can upload, transfer, and MODIFY all my content. So, when you see a video I made about love and peace, remember I did not say " I hate everyone and am a violent extremist monster," because that is what the new, modified video may say !
All I can say is why can't the cops admit we are all tracked, and solve some dang violent crimes with this great technology instead of tracking silly people like me and you online?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldDisorder
Looks like someone forgot to put on his tin foil hat this morning.

These are called Tracking Cookies, clear the cache, temporary internet files, and cookies from your browser. If you want to be double sure, run a free MalWare scan.

common

~ NWD

Who are you talking about?

And I agree with Americandingbat above, it's not all that odd for this to have happened. Easy to get the list from the ATS account on twitter and then follow everyone who's in it just incase they nab a few new members. We know there are a number of members here who also read GLP so it is not a big deal imo.

And I also agree with TrueAmerican, but I have only seen 1 or 2 posts in this thread that have actually maligned their website, and it certainly wasn't the intent of the OP to start a slinging match.

Personally, I prefer it when glp have blocked the entire subnet for my isp - you know, when you get that nice message about someone from your IP stalking them?! Irony...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
"I just made a very important connection between my academic training and what has happened at GLP recently. My background is in risk assessment, including the development of classification schemes based on various psychological and behavioral dimensions. In the course of my work I have evaluated about two dozen risk assessment schemes for criminal behavior of multiple types, and conducted or participated in numerous qualitative and quantitative risk assessment research projects."

www.alien-earth.org.../21/10

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
They're following me too. The creepy thing is HOW they found me.
I remember visiting their site only one time and did not wittingly leave anything to identify myself.

So my best guess is GOOGLE. from now on I will have to remember to logout of my google account everytime I finish checking my email.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Wanna know what's creepier?

The GLP website recently gave away cash for some logo design contest.

ATS recently had a cash game contest.

GLP just launched a facebook page, just like ATS.

Now Both have twitter.

I don't know, do all conspiracy websites utilize social networking and cash give aways?

Maybe one of the sites is a copycat site, who knows?

And yeah its creepy that glp is sytematically culling the ATS twitter list and following them.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandrake
They're following me too. The creepy thing is HOW they found me.
I remember visiting their site only one time and did not wittingly leave anything to identify myself.

So my best guess is GOOGLE. from now on I will have to remember to logout of my google account everytime I finish checking my email.

My best guess is Facebook or Twitter. I have used both ATS and GLP but have nether a FB or Twit account and as far as I know, nobody is following or stalking me.

PS

I trust Google less than I trust any of the above.

edit on 17-9-2010 by Bagatell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mandrake

Lol, this is crazy.... Google put you in to GLP eh?

I am guessing you did add ATS to your following list. If you did, then someone from glp appears to have manually (or used an API) gone through the 5000+ followers of ATS and added them to their own follower set.

You did not need to visit the glp website either, they would not know you from anyone else... all they would have is your IP in their server access logs, just as every website that you visit does. Unless you use a proxy, this is inevitable and it is the ONLY way you can use the internet. If you stop your IP from being known to servers you conenct to, they have no idea how to send you information.

It's not cookies, not google sending them your twitter account details, not a trojan, not a virus, no nefarious web hijacking.

It's a public list on the ATS twitter account, which anyone can review.Anyone with a similar website to ATS could do this in order to become known to people who are interested in these topics.

From a getting new members perspective, it actually is a good idea. It's wrong in my opinion, as it's pretty much soliciting, but if out of the 5000+ ATS twitter followers, they get a few hundred then thats more traffic to their website and more revenue in ad's viewed.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
my #ing god. So many people here showing typical signs of paranoia.

They just copied the list from twitter to get more clicks , better click rate for ads , more money etc.

thats #ing ALL.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
you guys are really paranoid.
all there doing is following everyone who is following ATS on twitter.
I do this all to time to steel traffic,works great.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
What...

I just go requests on both FB and Twitter from GLP as I checked them from after work and I shrugged it off as nothing, seems like others got the same, how did they get me on both sites? I have nothing that's connected with any other account, all have different emails, real name is not linked in anyway, nor is my username.

Strange, well I'll do my best to ignore them but it certainly isn't comforting knowing that a bunch of nut jobs seemingly figured out who you are...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Do you follow ATS on Facebook and Twitter?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bagatell
"I just made a very important connection between my academic training and what has happened at GLP recently. My background is in risk assessment, including the development of classification schemes based on various psychological and behavioral dimensions. In the course of my work I have evaluated about two dozen risk assessment schemes for criminal behavior of multiple types, and conducted or participated in numerous qualitative and quantitative risk assessment research projects."

www.alien-earth.org.../21/10

You're right. There are a lot of rumors going around other sites (especially AE) that Glp is some sort of datamining project for Tavistock or something. And by the way, the administrator wanted to be my friend on Facebook. Now ain't that special?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Got the same message.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
its friggin twitter... who cares who follows you? it doesn't affect you in one bit in any way at all. i can't think of one reason why it would matter.

this is borderline paranoia

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I still don't understand how GLP would know you go to Twitter unless you linked from their site. I avoid doing that most of the time - linking from one site to another, I take the long route - I don't know why I just always felt it safer. Let us know if you figure this out?

i use to do this as well, but for one reason or another have gotten a little lax as of late.

thanks for the reminder.

also clear your temp files, or use more than one browser for different things.(firefox for email, chrome for searching, opera for whatever etc, etc.....)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join