It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with Godlike Productions suddenly following me on Twitter? (UPDATE)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

I just got one. They're clearly following anyone who makes it publicly known that they follow ATS. This is getting kind of weird though.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I wonder if this is a way of them trying to mess with their biggest competition? If GLP came directily to ATS and spammed like crazy, they would get banned post haste.
But if they start to go after ATS members off-site, ATS itself can't do much about it.
A conspiracy site going after another conspiracy site. LOL wtfreak...
I can't see that they would seriously think it would get more members their direction, though, since it is extremely annoying that they are spamming us.
Pretty curious goings on.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well just for the record, I submitted an ATS alert on this thread because it is forum bashing, which is explicitly not allowed in the T&C. Looks like my objection was overruled.

K. Point noted for future. Forum bashing is now allowed folks. Let's see, who can I start bashing. Oh yeah...I know... One forum bashing thread coming up...Maybe two, or five or ten! Let's just piss ALL the other forums off!!!!!!!!!!! Weeeeeeeeeee.....

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

How is this bashing? Truthfully saying what GLP has done is bashing? Asking others if it happened to them also is bashing?
I have have said what they did and my opinion of their site. That is all.

You made a thread on Wikileaks not long ago that asked if they were going overboard...was that meant as bashing?

edit on 9/16/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
They are following me too as well as many other sites or companies and I haven't touched that account in a year. I found twitter to be stupid honestly. I don't even know my name or log in info. I get emails of who is following me.

Personally I don't think it's all that interesting to be followed, it's like a popularity contest just like FB and how many friends you can get.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

It's the fact that a different conspiracy site most of us are not members of suddenly today started contacting ATS members on Twitter and Facebook. That is what I find interesting and odd. Not those sites themselves. And if their (glp's) boss is government, then it goes past interesting..

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well, this is an interesting thread. GLP is following me as well! My twitter account does not use the same name as my ATS username and other than following ATS, there is no connection. I've never visited GLP site, let alone posted there. Lol. They must be following everyone who is following ATS. If not for the head's up, I would have never thought to check as I haven't logged into that account in many, many moons. Ah well, if one is concerned, simply block them. No big deal.

ETA:
I've been meaning to close that account forever, so thanks for the thread. Reminded me to log in and do that.

edit on 16-9-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
How is this bashing? Truthfully saying what GLP has done is bashing? Asking others if it happened to them also is bashing? I have have said what they did and my opinion of their site. That is all.

Well last time I tried something like this when a bunch of us got banned from prisonplanet for defending CIT, my thread got closed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

With the following message from dbates (supermod):

Be sure to read the Terms and Conditions of use, and please note that you really shouldn't make an entire thread to bash another site. That's against the site terms of use.

2g.) Board Wars: You will not use these boards to organize "attacks" on other boards, blogs, or discussion groups, and similarly, you will not organize such attacks against this board. Doing so will result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

Thread Closed.

All I said was what prisonplanet had done and gave my opinions too. No go. And it makes sense, because if we allow one, we have to allow them all. But ok, it appears not.

edit on Thu Sep 16th 2010 by TrueAmerican because: to add quotes mr big brother

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

This "entire thread" is not to attack or bash another website. Look at the title. It is wondering why GLP, another conspiracy site is reaching out to ATS members. You didn't catch what I was wondering?

Now back on topic......

edit on 9/16/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

First off let me state that I star'd both of your posts because well your right...for the most part. However I believe we've all been extremely civil here. All we're doing is relaying the facts.

The simple fact that I was worried about how and why my account was followed, was echoed by another member here raises a couple of flags IMO. Then again this is ats, I can find all my relevant information here. You guys rock!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I still don't understand how GLP would know you go to Twitter unless you linked from their site. I avoid doing that most of the time - linking from one site to another, I take the long route - I don't know why I just always felt it safer. Let us know if you figure this out?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I have only visited GLP once and that was over a year ago. It wasn't something I was all that impressed by. I never went back. I can only guess that they have looked to see who follows ATS on Twitter, and who is a friend to ATS on FB, for some reason, then started the spam-fest.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Have you seen GLP? And they probably talk crap about ATS too behind the scenes.

ATS is *the* site to go to for the conspiracy-minded folks.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I really don't mean for this to be a thread bashing GLP.

I DO want to know why and how they are getting ATS members accounts on Twitter and (it now appears) Facebook.
If not advertising (which it doesn't seem to be), what would be the reason for this?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school
The apparent owner/operator of the godlikeproductions website (Jason Lucas) has long been rumored to have nefarious intent. And while such rumors have been postulated regarding the owner/operators of abovetopsecret, there appears to be some substantiated information regarding the former here -- www.ethericwarriors.com...

Jason Lucas & Alex Shamash boss is Gen James N. Mattis, USMC – current Commander, U.S. Joint Forces Command

One may speculate, with some concern, as to the motivations of an apparent defense-industry connected spyware purveyor who proactively seeks to "follow" those who "follow" @abovetopsecret.

Mountains out of molehills, if you ask me.

Gen. James N. Mattis brings a wealth of experience in the Middle East to his new assignment as the commander of U.S. Central Command here, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said here today.

Gates presided at Mattis' assumption of command in front of military and diplomatic officials from many of the counties in the Middle East and Central Asia. Mattis assumed command from Marine Corps Lt. Gen. John Allen, who has been acting commander since Army Gen. David H. Petraeus left the command to lead NATO operations in Afghanistan.

Gates called Mattis one of America's foremost strategic thinkers and combat leaders and noted that he worked with Petraeus in developing the counterinsurgency strategy. "His insights into the nature of warfare in the 21st century significantly influenced my views about the shape and posture of our armed forces for a complex and unpredictable future," Gates said.

Mattis said his appointment signifies continuity to the nations of the Central Command region. "We are standing beside you, and we will work with you to promote security and stability," he said. "I am eager to hear how we can best work together to protect the innocent while enhancing the deep bonds of mutual respect – bonds that have stood strong between us for many decades."

Hardly one who would seem to have Any sort of Official interest in the likes of GLP, BS sites/blogs, etc.

The "perfect soldier", perfect plant or "tool" ... I think not

As for Jason, Alex, their associated luddites and "followers", if you will ... their type vermin will lap at and lust over even the most loose a "connection" or mention in the same sentence as that of such a tried and true, dyed in the blue, public figure.

Relish, in the same ... would seem an appropriate descriptive.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
After reading this thread I checked my twitter (I don't even go to twitter often) and GLP was also following me over there. I reported it as spam also

For possible reasons as to WHY GLP is following, I DO follow ATS on Twitter

edit on 16-9-2010 by rockhndr because: added information

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
I DO want to know why and how they are getting ATS members accounts on Twitter and (it now appears) Facebook.
If not advertising (which it doesn't seem to be), what would be the reason for this?

As for the "how", that seems pretty simple. Go to the ATS Twitter account and click on "followers". There you'll have a list of Twitter accounts that follow ATS, with an icon next to each one to add them to your "following" list.

Why would they do it? Could just be a way to reach out to a bunch of people who might be predisposed to be interested in GLP and might choose to check them out when they get notification that GLP is "following them".

Maybe there's something I'm missing that's the cause for concern here, but I don't get it.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I got one this morning... What the hell guys?
I only VISIT every so often, maybe once-twice per month, and have posted MAYBE twice...
Weird.....

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Just twitter as much as you can about tavistock institute. Then go to their website and post about it. That should get them off your back.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Looks like someone forgot to put on his tin foil hat this morning.

These are called Tracking Cookies, clear the cache, temporary internet files, and cookies from your browser. If you want to be double sure, run a free MalWare scan.

common

~ NWD

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join