It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party kickin @r$e and taking names: 8 GOP seats lost

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Tea Party kickin @r$e and taking names: 8 GOP seats lost

With polls showing significant GOP momentum this fall, Republicans in recent weeks began to believe they had a real chance of retaking control of the Senate in November. But a major primary upset at the hands of a tea party insurgent on Tuesday may have put the Senate GOP's dreams of a majority at serious risk.

But with O'Donnell's come-from-nowhere win Tuesday night, top Republicans in Washington now see virtually no chance the GOP will be able to pick up the Delaware seat this fall. As a result, they admit their already slim chance of winning back Republican control of the Senate is likely dead.

Since the first primaries in early spring, she's the eighth tea party-endorsed candidate to defeat an establishment-backed GOP contender in an election cycle that has been dominated by voters choosing change over experience.

news.yahoo.com...

comments:
this is really BIG news, NAHHHH!!!!
it's not like we didn't tell every freakin body
in Washington, they were fired !!!
Guess it took a lil while to sink in.

But they're taking this change thing seriously now
as congress is deciding to break a week earlier
than scheduled to work on campaigns designed
to keep their jobs.

I got news for them. It's a useless cause.
People of America are standing up
and kicking the corruption to the curb.
No seat is safe from the hands of the
people with a voter card. We're gonna
have Revolution ....

one way or the other

Congratulations to the Tea Party !!!
There's a new Sheriff in town

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
A real government of the people is a government of the people. How ever you draw it the Tea party is not the first group trying to try to act like Washington outsiders. This is a classical tactic that has been used by both parties several times. A couple of days ago I recall Jimmy Carter making speeches of being a Washington outsider. We all know what happened after that.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I also assume this is gonna have an impact
on Wall Street tomorrow. I'd put a put option
on the Dow dropping sharply tomorrow.
The winds of change are scaring the bankers.
hahahahaha

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

People need in the U.S. and the world over need to work for themselves and for others. It might be difficult but I believe I could take care of myself much better then living in a police state. How do us Libertarians say it?
President Bush killed the Constitution and President Obama is burying it. As well the people on both sides in support of government.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Quick BSaint, tell them about your constitutional gestapo idea! They ought to love it!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
This sounds just like the same thing I heard when Barack got elected! The whole "Watch out Washington... We FINALLY have a voice!"

Thinking about it wasn't this kind of the same thing we heard after George W got the gig?
And Clinton?
And Bush Sr?
And Reagan?

A wise and sage prophet once screamed "Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss".

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
And they are still base communication...

For their win?

Labels will continue to be my bane and their consternation...

They can have it...pfftt....

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I really think the stock market is so manipulated right now that it'll probably go up for the next two days regardless of who is elected. I suspect people in power right now think arrogantly and I hope they are wrong that manipulating the stock market so that it almost always goes up will keep them in power. I wouldn't have posted this comment though if they posted on one of the blogs I read what days the Fed will be pumping up the market via their sneaky mechanisms. I really think Biden, Pelosi and the other democrats are either extremely arrogant, or not up for election, or have full knowledge about the vast stock market manipulation and they think they'll get re-elected if stocks are up. I did find something about the Fed doing treasury purchases for the next two days so I'll see if stocks magically rise today and tomorrow. If they are going to so blatantly manipulate the market, they could at least throw a clue out to the little guy. I guess you just have to know how corrupt they all are and what to look for.

I really believe the saying that Helicopter Ben is throwing money around has a lot of truth to it. It's nice to see the people voting for change. The current administration's past job requirements seemed to be no business experience allowed and it's a plus if you haven't paid income taxes or ignored the law, that is until you're almost assured of getting hired, then you need to clean up your record.

edit on 15-9-2010 by orionthehunter because: added notes.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

I got news for them. It's a useless cause.
People of America are standing up
and kicking the corruption to the curb.
No seat is safe from the hands of the
people with a voter card. We're gonna
have Revolution ....

I'm sorry but what kind of revolution?

They have Sarah Palin leading the movement, she is a Pro War politician who speaks in rhetorical punch lines.
It is likely many of these candidates are in line with a world view that believe America needs to pursue more
colonial conquest based upon some religious intolerance. I don't know, you tell me... What has changed?
It seems the mind set is the same, dismantling government programs and then use the cultural divide to promote pro corporate, pro colonial agendas... We will see, maybe some of you actually desire what I figure is coming around the mountain.

I am sorry, I'm highly skeptical

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I also assume this is gonna have an impact
on Wall Street tomorrow. I'd put a put option
on the Dow dropping sharply tomorrow.
The winds of change are scaring the bankers.
hahahahaha

I wish you thought you were being funny.

They are going to punish the bankers by dismantling the obstacle's that government has put inplace.

The Dow is gonna drop - upwards

Thank god we know where their money is going now!

The banksters are gonna bring the crumpets
and were gonna get the tab.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

A wise and sage prophet once screamed "Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss".

Won't Get Fooled Again, for you non-who fans.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I just want to know...

Where are all the birth certificates for these TEA Party Candidates? Are we sure they were all born in the United States? I personally believe without a shred of proof whatsoever that each and every TEA Party Candidate is in fact an illegal alien and not eligible for the office for which they are running and they should quit immediately for the good of the nation because I question their citizenship.

Have any of you all seen any TEA Party Candidate's birth certificate? What about their college records? These people are such a mystery it's impossible to trust any of them, because they obviously were born in foreign countries, every single one of them are all Muslim despite any evidence to the contrary.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
They have Sarah Palin leading the movement,

Palin is NOT the leader of this movement,
though she is active in it and does
public speeches and candidate campaigning
but she is NOT the leader.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I want to know who your leader is.
O.k? O.k! lol

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I read the article. What I get from it is that Democrats are the real winners here. And Rachel Maddow was grinning ear to ear tonite as she reported on the electoral returns. That's the real problem with the idea that these primaries mean anything in terms of changing anything in Washington; your insurgents win in primaries by mobilizing the base, and are then too polarizing to win in a general election. "Eight GOP seats lost" is misleading. This primary was a GOP primary, so no GOP seats have been lost. They may be lost, but not yet, and to Democrats, not to "tea party" candidates, for there are no such candidates. They are Republicans, just less electable ones.
No change coming, sorry.

edit on 15-9-2010 by joechip because: edit to elaborate my point

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

lol, i find it amusing how u cut down the Tea Party's
Christian theology, yet you use the word "God"
in ur post

And yes, we shall see how the Dow
reacts to 8 lost GOP seats as it smells
the winds of change.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

i find it amusing how u cut down the Tea Party's
Christian theology, yet you use the word "God"
in ur post

OMG! You are RIGHT! The TEA Party is going to bring their Christian version of Sharia Law down on us all! OMG OMG OMG! Not only is every TEA Party Candidate a foreign born muslim insurgent, they also are Christian Extremists! OMG OMG OMG!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

They have Sarah Palin leading the movement,

Palin is NOT the leader of this movement,
though she is active in it and does
public speeches and candidate campaigning
but she is NOT the leader.

Well they sure aren't stoning her

They must be buying Palins shtick,

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

lol, i find it amusing how u cut down the Tea Party's
Christian theology

Yah?

Damn right I condemn religious conquest perpetuated by misguided faith.

My beliefs are my own, I don't push em, thats the difference

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Cool. Conservatives just shot themselves in the foot. Dems to win big next month.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join