It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox calls for repeal of the 20th century

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Since President Obama's election, Fox personalities have expressed opposition to or called for the repeal of virtually every progressive achievement of the 20th century, including Social Security, Medicare, the Americans with Disabilities Act, portions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the 16th and 17th Amendments to the Constitution.

This is a really great read. Whatever your views I would like for you to review this article and tell me your thoughts on this article.
mediamatters.org...

edit on 15-9-2010 by Romantic_Rebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Since President Obama's election, Fox personalities have expressed opposition to or called for the repeal of virtually every progressive achievement of the 20th century, including Social Security, Medicare, the Americans with Disabilities Act, portions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the 16th and 17th Amendments to the Constitution.

This is a really great read. Whatever your views I would like for you to review this article and tell me your thoughts on this article.

I can agree that the States need to revisit the 16th and 17th amendment. Particularity the 17th Amendment. The Americans with Disabilities act, while noble in nature has turned into a bureaucracy and nightmare. The Civil Rights acts are needed, but why not amend the Constitution? Social Security and Medicare are money pits that have been siphoning off tax payer money in attempts for social justice. Which cannot ever be achieved.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Source link?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
They want to repeal, alright. Right back to Feudal times !
Only, some of us wont be allowed to survive to be peasants.
JMO.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Sorry for forgetting to link the article.
Sorry lol

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Don't forget, some have also called for them to repeal the 13th and 14th Amendments as well. So Conservatives aren't only just after the 20th Century, but the 19th as well.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

I can agree that the States need to revisit the 16th and 17th amendment. Particularity the 17th Amendment. The Americans with Disabilities act, while noble in nature has turned into a bureaucracy and nightmare. The Civil Rights acts are needed, but why not amend the Constitution? Social Security and Medicare are money pits that have been siphoning off tax payer money in attempts for social justice. Which cannot ever be achieved.

So, you'll be okay with defending your property and your family when the folks that have nothing left to lose come for them?

Good, because I'll be busy getting the hell outa this country if people like you get your way. No safety nets and no spocial justice means no reason to let you and your loved ones live. Seriously. You really don't understand why Welfare, Social Security and Medicare exist, do you?

They exist to give the bottom layer a reason to not rip you to shreds and make it impossible for you to earn a living if you do happen to survive. You guys need to check in on the real world now and then. If only so that you can remember what it looks like.

edit on 9/15/2010 by NorEaster because: I spell like old people f*ck

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Don't forget, some have also called for them to repeal the 13th and 14th Amendments as well. So Conservatives aren't only just after the 20th Century, but the 19th as well.

Well, the 14th amendment IS illegal, unConstitutional, and should be void. It cant be repealed as it was never ratified.

14th Amendment Unconstitutional

edit on 15-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: fixed wording

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Um, considering the source and the misleading title.......eh, just another thread bashing the right, exp[ect a left bashing thread in 3,2,1.............................

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

So, you'll be okay with defending your property and your family when the folks that have nothing left to lose come for them?

Good, because I'll be busy getting the hell outa this country if people like you get your way. No safety nets and no spocial justice means no reason to let you and your loved ones live. Seriously. You really don't understand why Welfare, Social Security and Medicare exist, do you?

They exist to give the bottom layer a reason to not rip you to shreds and make it impossible for you to earn a living if you do happen to survive. You guys need to check in on the real world now and then. If only so that you can remember what it looks like.

I may have misinterpreted your response, but what I got from this is...
If the American taxpayer for whatever reason (our country going bankrupt with no hope of ever digging out) decides that cuts have to be made in entitlements that our taxes pay for, then the people who have been living off of and in many of cases abusing the system will en-mass rise up, take any property or monies they believe we owe them, kill our families or just leave us "ripped to shreds if we happen to survive".
Entitlement state anyone? If that happens who will take care of all the dead beats that were able bodied enough to bring about such destruction but not hold a job and support themselves?
Is that the point you were trying to make?

edit on 15-9-2010 by ljtg123 because: Added to post

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I am unsure of how you came to this conclusion based on what I wrote. One, I did not say get rid of social security, etc; I stated that they were money pits. Those two particular programs will never bring social justice.

Holy cow! So pre-social security how did families thrive in the United States of America? By your logic, they should have had no reason to live, try to prosper and reproduce to pass on their successes. We should not all be here by such views because your grand, maybe great-grand depending your age would have just got up one day and said

"Gosh darn it the Government is not taking step to ensure I am responsibly taking care of my family. They are not providing me with a forced tax that will ensure that I can spend endlessly throughout my life while ne'er a worry about the future! I think Ill end my life now"

This isn't 18th century France. Even the lowest wage earners live a fairly comfortable life compared to the rest of the world. I highly doubt that abolishing Social Security would be the spark that drives people to pitch forks and torches. Setting out to find those pesky people that took responsibility and life into their own hands and ensured they would be somewhat comfortable near the ends of their lives.

I check into reality everyday. Day in and day out I live here, just like you. I work hard, sometimes long hours. Sacrifice time with my kids to ensure that their futures are paid for with money, not credit. I strive to instill upon them that debt is a devourer of souls and families in this country. To save, plan and plan for the worst possibly thing you can think of, then double whatever amount you have thought would survive that scenario. That is called be a responsible citizen and father.

Self-reliance it seems, escapes your thought process and you cannot fathom what it is like to not have the tentacles of Government dipping into every aspect of your live. From what you eat and how you die. From when you HAVE to go to school to when you can drink a beer. Some things are part of a responsible society and others are just the slow decay of freedom because complacent and ignorant folks have allowed them to take whatever they want.

So your scenario, is somewhat true. Except it is not the people that come and thrash your property and take whatever they want, it is the State....our glorious Imperialist Federal Government. Stepping in and wagging its holier than thou finger at you telling you when you should perform the three S's. Enjoy your cradle to grave government. Myself? I will continue working on self-reliance and knowing that it is ultimately my family and I and nothing more that will ensure my freedom and liberty remains intact.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

edit on 9/15/2010 by NorEaster because: I spell like old people f*ck

so what you are saying is that it is OK for the " bottom layer" to hold a gun to our heads and demand that we give them all that they ask for...just for the very reason that they will allow us to exist in the same country with them....

My suggestion is that for all those of the "Bottom Layer" that think we OWE them our hard earnings.... Get a job dead beats....

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
They could always go with the 17th Century, seeing as how they love Barbarism and Mass Murder.

top topics

join