It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian lawyer smokes pages of Bible and Koran, asking 'Which is best?'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

it is still a great topic to discuss from different angles.

whats next i wonder, instead of burning holy books...

people and their need for shock value.

sorry for that first post Slayer,
et

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

draws in a deep breath........blows out smoke.........

........so Jesus and Mohammad walk into this Jewish Nightclub..........

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Well I did a little research. I'm still not sure of all the hazards of smoking various kinds of paper but here's what I found:

-- Smoking anything with ink on it isn't good for you.

-- Smoking shiny receipt paper is very bad because apparently the chemical that makes it shiny is toxic.

-- Some paper is apparently treated with bleach.

-- Different kinds of paper are treated with various chemicals in general.

Having said all that, cigarettes themselves are loaded with toxic chemicals, including the paper.

Oh well, for what it's worth.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
what UTTER TWADDLE . all this demonstrates is the differences in psaper type and quality and the chemicals used in the paper making process`and inks

in a " blind test " with 10 different bibles of verious vintage and pricetag you would get widley differing results - same with 10 korans

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I just love the comedy of a atheist smoking paper from both a bible and a koran
At least he wasn't playing favorites

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
What an absolute idiot.

For many reasons, this man is stupid in his actions and his understanding of how people will see his actions.

Yes, the Koran and bible are just books, just paper and ink.

But, wild & crazy people do interpret this book in such a way that they think it justifies death, murder, torture and destruction.

Its just a book, until someone reads it a certain way.

Not only has he brought danger to his life, his family, his home, but he's inflamed a situation that was already out of control and costing people’s lives...

.. This guy is one step closer to being a moron than the pastor in the US whom was going to burn the Koran.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

........so Jesus and Mohammad walk into this Jewish Nightclub..........

where buddha is bartending.....

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

awww man youve heard this one?

Bummer dude!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

awww man youve heard this one?

Bummer dude!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Well I for one want to know who is his supplier?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hey.. im from uk..and i ran out of rizzla.. so i smoked the bible..
And i couldnt give a rats bottom..
The book is made like any other.. its not adsaclty got the wee of a virgin on it..
Its just paper and words.. like any other book!

The whole thing is a load of rubbish. [Disinfo] from real the problems of this planet.

Growing tired of religion.. its anything but peaceful or helpfull.

I would understand if someone was burning books that were centuries old.

edit on 07/14/2010 by AlphaANDOmega because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The bit I dont get about this story , is the bit where there was an appeal for calm in the Muslim community. Well why wasnt there a similar dealio in the Christian community? I can assure you there have been militant nutters in the Judao-Christian vein for longer than time can record, I wonder why theres this instant assumption about the muslims that they are going to go off on one over it!
I say (and Im a christian) good on the fellow for smoking both and making it really fair. I think that is a massive help if anything ,toward some level of equality of recognition for both faiths. Hopefully it will make all parties realise that there really isnt anything to fight about anymore, specialy on our own doorsteps.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Its his LUNGS.
2ND

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Reminds me of University, when we used to smoke joints rolled with Bibles. The book of Revelation was most satisfying, actually. Perhaps I could give it another go with the Quran.

edit on 14-9-2010 by LeftWingLarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This guy is a dufus and I don't understand why anyone is even paying attention to him.
As has been already said...prisoners have been using the bible for rolling papers for years and years.

This guy is trying to blatently entice people.

Does anyone really care what he is smoking and how he is doing it...I sure don't.

I guess the guy is a good troll because he made me post in this thread.

(I mean the lawyer and not the OP)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

For the love of all thats moist nenothtu, thats the 3rd agreement & 2 in 1 day!
*has fit*
*reaches for bible to skin up & calm down*

You've got to get the "sticky" edge really good and ragged... lots of fibers, and wet it pretty good to make it stick. Then it won't unravel.
Yeah, what you need is a matchbox to rough up the edge you want to stick. I discovered this @about 15 when we were given tiny Gideon's bibles with very thin pages from school. Middle of that night, we ran out of skins: fortunately I had my school bag with me...
Taking the risk of invalidating the truth of this anecdote, I'll say that I couldn't describe the smoke as "holy"... "wholly unpleasant" more like.
Years later I discovered that Balinese hand-made paper will succumb to the file on a Swiss Army Knife in a similar fashion. Of the 2, its difficult to pick a lesser of 2 evils. The bible tasted worse I think, but the hand-made was really harsh: sort of like a good lung full of leaves on a bonfire.

edit on 14/9/10 by Bunken Drum because: Typo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join