It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 - A Martian Oddity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
My first thought is plate tectonics caused this. Similar to the chain off Hawaiian islands, perhaps a "hot spot" has caused these as the tectonic plates moved over it. Why they are evenly spaced? I have no idea. Perhaps a freak cyclical/synchronicity.

Cool Find!

S&F

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The only logical explaination i can think of is plate tectonics, before Mars cooled and went dead.

The surface may have just been travelling over a hotspot that happened to blow its top at regular time intervals

Thats really the only logical explanation, because i dont know of any other force that could pull this off. Or if we considered this an ET phenomena, why in the hell would they spawn 3 volcanoes of similar mass, equally spaced?

Good thread, got my head spinning for a minute

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Reminds me of the three stars in Orion's belt.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I have to admit that I'm completely surprised and confused as to why this particular "martian anomaly" thread has essentially fallen of the grid ... and so very quickly. Hardly filled 2 pages.

And yet, virtually not a day goes by where someone posts yet another set of blurry, indistinct and basically "could be almost anything" type pics and claims they're conclusive evidence of something unusual having happened on Mars ... faces, statues, strange objects in craters, etc, etc, etc causing endless debate (pro and con) and page upon page of comments. But in almost every instance, the image presented simply becomes what the each reader's imagination interprets it to be.

And yet, here we have something immediately identifiable as completely unusual on the surface of Mars that can be easily seen and measured by anyone with interest, Something so completely different from your usual "statue" pic. No blurry pic, very visible and identifiable, and easily measurable.

If any Mars thread deserves greater attention, discussion and analysis, surely it has to be this one !

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by afoolbyanyothername
I have to admit that I'm completely surprised and confused as to why this particular "martian anomaly" thread has essentially fallen of the grid ... and so very quickly. Hardly filled 2 pages.

And yet, virtually not a day goes by where someone posts yet another set of blurry, indistinct and basically "could be almost anything" type pics and claims they're conclusive evidence of something unusual having happened on Mars ... faces, statues, strange objects in craters, etc, etc, etc causing endless debate (pro and con) and page upon page of comments. But in almost every instance, the image presented simply becomes what the each reader's imagination interprets it to be.

And yet, here we have something immediately identifiable as completely unusual on the surface of Mars that can be easily seen and measured by anyone with interest, Something so completely different from your usual "statue" pic. No blurry pic, very visible and identifiable, and easily measurable.

If any Mars thread deserves greater attention, discussion and analysis, surely it has to be this one !

I would suspect the reason is because a blurry, badly pixellated, indistinct, hard to make out and pareidolia prone image obviously has to be of greater interest because it allows free range to one's belief that NASA simply has to be photoshopping or manipulating the photo's they release to the general public.
But given clear and indisputable proof of a GENUINELY MYSTERIOUS Martian anomaly, the lack of interest and conjecture simply leaves you shaking your head in amazement.

Now, why doesn't NASA parachute another "Curiosity" into this area and do some serious investigation and research ? Might turn up something a heck of a lot more interesting than "gravel" !

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I really can't say for sure. While I have loads of information concerning possible histories of earth stemming from dreams/visions, indicating a long process of evolution and extinction again and again (not necessarily occurring in predictable intervals), I have very little info on Mars, and it's not from a lack of trying to dredge it up, it just ISN'T THERE. This indicates to me, that we did not come from Mars. I have more or less had visions that life has been influenced in the past by life-forms having taken shelter here from the supposed planet that existed between Mars and Jupiter, and is now the asteroid belt, and its destruction playing a part in Mar's downfall into extinction as well, but visions of the Martians (if they exist and are in fact the Greys like the vision implied) they are a hardy, stubborn people, like an old man refusing to abandon his home even in the event of its destruction, because they believe that planets have souls, even if it merely has one due to their presence there. The planet that was utterly destroyed and turned to dust was destroyed by its own most intelligent people in a terrible war. They knew war without end, like us, and eventually destroyed everything. Mars allegedly participated in that war to try and stop the event from happening, also afraid of what the destruction of a neighboring planet might do their own planet, and it seems like their predictions of what it would do to them were true, if Mars ever held life. They watch us with interest, because, for one, they do not want us to end up like that other blue planet that is now gone, and for another, they want to know what the remnants (whether they are still alive or remnants existing in descendants) will come to do, or if they will overcome their savage ways.

These are all based on visions and a I am in no way saying they are fact. But it may, if true, be one of the reasons humanity is so violent among its own people, if these alleged remnants interbred with us or altered our genetics to suit them in any way. I acknowledge that the Primal Mind exists and it may be all natural, because nature itself is a violent thing, indeed.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AsherahoftheSea

Hmmmmm .... as interesting as that was, I have to admit I was really looking for speculation/discussion that was leaning more towards the "science" end of the conjecture spectrum.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

I know, I'm sorry. I am not very well educated, so I couldn't say. I wish I could though. There is no excuse for ignorance, even poverty as in my case...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Interesting, i agree this place is indeed of great interest

i thought i'd just throw this out there...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join