It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally, the One World Trade Center is standing tall, and almost half way done.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
After nine years and a completion date that kept getting pushed back, the once called Freedom Tower or One World Trade Center is forty to fifty percent completed, says Port Authority official. It now stands at over 375 feet tall, and has 35 floors out of 105 floors completed. When completed it will stand at 1776 feet high.

The two 30 feet deep reflecting pools that will be located in the exact foot prints where the north and south tower originally were, are now all but finished, noted the PA official. Adding that they just finished applying the granite slabs to the interior of the pools walls, he says a year from now they will be open to the public. They will have waterfalls cascading down 30 feet to the bottom of the pools on each of the four walls of the missing towers. They will be surrounded by a bronze slabs engraved with the names of everyone who perished that terrible day. Large trees have already been planted surrounding the pools.

There will also be a memorial museum that will be built around two of the giant forked columns that stood as the base columns for the towers. They are both 70 feet tall, and will be stood side by side, with the buildings glass walls allowing them to be visible from the outside.

www.cbs.com... I watched this video on "Up to the minute" news this morning, and unfortunately it appears they haven't uploaded it to their video site yet, hence no direct link to the video. Will update thread once they post it.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PersonalChoice

i'm not sure if matters what they build there, to be honest. what can they build that would be more beautiful than the memories of that day was ugly?

i am not sure if ghosts are real or not. but, if they are, whatever they build there will more than likely produce some haunting stories on another forum here on ATS.

that is just how i feel right now, and have felt for awhile. i don't care what they build there. it won't patch that ground up. it won't fill the holes.

to me whatever they build there is just as effective as moving the fourth of july to september eleventh.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I don't know about ghosts. But I do know that when they changed the name from the Freedom Tower to One World Trade Center. It sent a chill up my spine. One World. If that doesn't scream NWO, I don't know what does.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by minute2midnight
I don't know about ghosts. But I do know that when they changed the name from the Freedom Tower to One World Trade Center. It sent a chill up my spine. One World. If that doesn't scream NWO, I don't know what does.

Did you just read my mind?

Remember the uproar on the changing of the name?

Oh yeah, the Chinese firm that is leasing for 21 years did not like the name so they CHANGED IT!

Imagine that, the Chinese had us change the name. Just amazing!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by minute2midnight

they are going to call it that? really?

this planet has issues.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Well there's also going to be 2 and 3 World Trade Center, too:

Recently, Port Authority has called for construction of Tower 2 to street level and Tower 3 to podium level, voiding the previous announcement that construction was to be put on hold "indefinitely" due to the recession.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
nyunews.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
they are going to call it that? really?

this planet has issues.

What do you think the previous towers were called?

1 World Trade Centre
2 World Trade Centre
3 World Trade Centre
7 World Trade Centre

These are just abbreviated to WTC1 etc for brevity. No need to be paranoid!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
1776 ft high? That sounds significant.

Where have I seen that number before...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by exponent
What do you think the previous towers were called?

1 World Trade Centre
2 World Trade Centre
3 World Trade Centre
7 World Trade Centre

"1 World Trade Center" is a very different thing to "One World Trade Center".

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I am glad the building is well on its way i think its a good part of the healing process for the people working there and living there.., although i can't really see on the pictures which one is going to be " the tower' i guess it the building in the red wharf.
I think they changed the name because 9/11 affected the whole world, freedom nowadays is also a little precarious maybe [expression vs religion]. What's wrong people with one world?Don't you think you can bring some culture to the rest of the world and in reverse

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by minute2midnight

Indeed World Trade Center One would resonate more favourably on one's ear. But glad that they are being honest about their intentions by naming it accordingly

-v

edit on 13-9-2010 by v01i0 because: 725

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by exponent

what happens when you open up a can of whoop ass? it usually means no hold bar war, right? first take off the lid.....

What is in a name?

war lid add raid seen across earth
war = wor
lid = ld
add = +
raid = rade
seen = cen
across = +
earth = ur (ur is the ancient name for earth in more than a dozen languages)

war lid add raid seen across earth
wor..ld...+...rade..cen...+..........ur
world.....+rade........centur
world trade center

i'm not paranoid. just learning from the past.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I can't find construction pics, even on Google image search.

Come on, this is in downtown Manhattan. And right after the 9th anniversary of 9/11, you'd think people would have made a bigger deal about this and would be showing it going up. Can someone post construction images?

It would be STUPID not to carefully watch the construction of this building, considering how much is still unanswered about the WTC Tower structures and can hardly be determined from photos and videos of that time. We see I-beams spanning across the core to the perimeter in construction photos of the towers, we have multiple sources claiming that the gypsum wall between the open floors and core was actually a concrete wall, the redundancy factor of the buildings is still being debated. All of this stuff shouldn't be a matter of debate. It should be easy observation.

We have virtually no images of the first WTC7 being constructed either, and know even less about that structure. What few images do exist show massive, massive columns and beams in that building.

Help me find some good construction photos people.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by VirginiaRisesYetAgain
Come on, this is in downtown Manhattan. And right after the 9th anniversary of 9/11, you'd think people would have made a bigger deal about this and would be showing it going up. Can someone post construction images?

Wikipedia? en.wikipedia.org...

It would be STUPID not to carefully watch the construction of this building, considering how much is still unanswered about the WTC Tower structures and can hardly be determined from photos and videos of that time. We see I-beams spanning across the core to the perimeter in construction photos of the towers, we have multiple sources claiming that the gypsum wall between the open floors and core was actually a concrete wall, the redundancy factor of the buildings is still being debated. All of this stuff shouldn't be a matter of debate. It should be easy observation.

I'm afraid that all of these issues have been resolved. The fireproofing was not concrete but was a couple inches of gypsum. Any specific questions you have that I can point you to the answers for?

We have virtually no images of the first WTC7 being constructed either, and know even less about that structure. What few images do exist show massive, massive columns and beams in that building.

The construction of WTC7 is also not hugely hard to find out, again, any specific questions?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Wonderful to have a monument dedicated to the memory of the mass murder perpetrated by our own Government on her own people...so nice.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Can you be a little more specific with your link, the link provided is to a generic CBS video homepage, I couldn't even find the one world/freedom tower being talked about on that page. If anyone has a picture of this 50 percent completion I would like to see it, since previously I thought they were zero % complete.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

upload.wikimedia.org...

More at the link I pasted in my last post.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I don't think they should have built anything there. It should be a park/memorial. If they have to build something there should have been two towers instead of the single tower under construction.

Like this......

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Always liked this design

Take that Bin Laden....!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

wow, it looks like a giant syringe

freeky

new topics

top topics