It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They've Taken The Head Of The Korean Prisoner...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me how they feel about this?
These terrorists are getting away with murder. Bush made war for a reason that had to be searched for. Iraq wasn't responsible yet we fought them and overtook them. But the reason for a new war, in my opinion, is right in front of our faces.
These terrorists are chopping the heads off of innocents. I'm not saying I disagree with Operation Enduring Freedom or last years war with Iraq in particular but I am saying that the reasons we fought had nothing to do with 9/11 except in that we were finally for freedom. Bush said, "Ok, we can't bring in or bring down Bin Laden, so lets go for the guy my dad didn't follow through on taking down...Hussein." Well, not entirely but in essence there is truth to that.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm glad we fought but now...NOW WE HAVE THE SAME SITUATION AGAIN...TERRORISTS ARE KILLING INNOCENTS.
Only this time, we watched Nick Berg get beheaded. Only this time we saw the head of Paul Johson laying on his body with a knife in his eye. Only today did CNN News report the discovered and decapitated body of the Korrean hostage the officials say was found to be boobytrapped with plastique.
We didn't see the gore from 9/11. the vast majority of the world was spared from seeing the gore and ugliness from the two planes slamming intot he towers and their subsequent toppling.
We now know that he have to hunt this terrorist faction down. I just hope that Bush aim for the wrong bad guys because I am not ready to trade one evildoer for another and I hope the United States feel the same.
We should all want the people who are DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS. We shouldn't have to settle for those who sympathize with the terrorists. We should aim for them directly. I'm not terribly sure we are doing everything possible to bring justice to the victims and their families.
We should be acting as aggresively as they are. We should be going on the offensive and hunting down these terrorists post haste.
We should extract ALL OF THE UNITED STATES CITIZENS THAT ARE OVER THERE WHETHER OR NOT THEY WANT TO AND ADVISE OTHER COUNTRIES TO DO THE SAME. Sure this sounds like martial law in a sense but so what?! The United States has a responsibility to her citizens to keep them safe at all costs!
After we do this we should then start the hunt for terrorists in much the same way the police in the U.S. set up sting operations. This is my opinion. Instead of just simply saying I feel bad, I feel hurt, I feel sad and heart broken, this is me putting my two cents in as an American and offering what I believe would be just one broad stroke in a multi-colored collage of viable solutions.
I would appreciate anyone talking about how they feel. I would appreciate anyone just venting and letting loose because we all need to let loose after all these events that have befallen us and especially the victims and their families. Thank you for taking the time to read my post or rant if youw ill...if you agree with me, I'll respect that, if you disagree with me, I'll respect that too...I just ask that everyone who reads this takes the time out to post how they feel about the subject. I don't care if i see a paragraph, a stanza, a thesis or a single sentence...I just think it would be nice if we all put our two cents into this topic

Thank You All Very Much,
Hard Red

[edit on 013030p://u21. by Hard Red]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well I am with you, we should with draw all non combatants. Then exercise extreme prejudice against all enemy targets. We should be like the israeliis, totally unyielding, you blow something or someone up of ours, we go in with bulldozers and tear down a few homes. Tear down enough homes and it will hit home that your enemy out matches you in both firepower and willingess to ruin your life. That is the stance that US needs to take. That Cleric Sadr guy in Iraq. We should have said look you have 4 days to break up your militia and turn in ALL your weapons, if not we are going to wipe this town clean off the map, we will destroy every building in this town until you submit. What do you think the Germans did in WWII, what do you think the US did when it entered into German controled cities. THEY BLEW EVERY LITTLE LAST BIT OF HIDING SPOT UP, and then they shot them up some more. Until the entire place was utterly destroyed. You systematically destroy everything of value.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I know this may sound extreme but in an extreme situation and after evacuating Amricans and bringing them home, lets drop the bomb in a umpopulated area ...let 'em know we'll drop another somewhere they'll regret. Lets see what they do afterward...

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Red, I do not think that would work, look at how many missiles we have dropped on them already. I think that if we drop anything big, we would be digging our own graves by possible starting WW3, a nuclear war.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
good...they woke the sleeping giant once during WWII, if they do it again, we'll rise to the occasion. War is necessary to preserve democracy on occasions and if it has to be done now then for the sakes of the families whose loved ones were killed it would be justified becaue if we dont counter, they'll only run right over us. There is no such thing as sacrificing the few. all for one. one for all. thats how it needs to be.

[edit on 073030p://u41. by Hard Red]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Take out all the non-combatants and you will just start seeing only soldiers getting beheaded. The terrorists will just adapt to more ruthless methods of capturing soldiers. You might say that it is better than beheading innocent civilians but I dont see it being much of a consolation.

Terrorists are beheading civilians because of the shock and assumed leverage factor. If civilians are withdrawn, how long do you think it would be before we see a female US soldier beheaded in Iraq?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Good point cargo. I guess they could be thinking in their mind: "If all else fails, go after civilians, women and children"

Speaking of children, something came to mind. How do you get a child to stop whining, or misbehaving? Well most of the time, they just want attention, so you ignore it.

I do not think that would work well in a war situation, just something I thought about though.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The battle ground will be levelled...forces against forces...ecac non-combatants, then MOAB or multiple air-to-surface to destroy buildings where they hide...then apprehend/overpower/kill/what-have-you at your leisure while they scatter for cover.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
By the way, terrorists are not children...it would not be aprapo to just classify them as such. If you ignore the terrorists, THEY WILL DO SOMETHING TO CATCH YOUR ATTENTION and if we do nothing in that case then we are guilty of letting those "children" have their way.
MacKiller, are you saying we should ignore the terrorists for decapitating innocents? Sure we know of three THUS FAR...but who is to say how many they have really done this to? Hold on, forgive me for saying that because that is not even the point...ONE IS ENOUGH FOR RETALIATION...or atleast I always thought that one life is ALWAYS as important as billions. I for one, MacKiller will not ignore a terrorist who has murdered my fellow Americans and I MacKiller don't think it should EVER be apropriate for ANYONE to even CONSIDER using such an analogy. I'm not trying to tear you down, MacKiller but I do think that I gnorance is bliss...which is why I choose NOT to be ignorant. I think we all need to understand that we can't just wish things away. Someone wise once said the peace is only the pause between war. We will NEVER attain that lofty pause if we constantly turn a blind eye to our people being slaughtered in the name of a religion and land and ideal that is not their own...the religions, lands and ideals of terrorists who would rather see them dead than hold the prisoners as hostages.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Im with Hard Red. One life is one too many, but three, maybe 20? This has to be stopped. Sure, they're just civilians for now, but what happens if these "children" capture a high-ranking official for U.S? You think that Bush won't retaliate for that? I think that Hard Red was right in saying that a bomb, not nuclear, but a slight bit bigger than what we've been using. And if they continue, gather the forces, find the main target hide-aways, and storm the place. If the Americans did it on D-Day, thay can surely do it today.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I guess you missed this part of my post:

do not think that would work well in a war situation, just something I thought about though.

No harm done btw. Good discussion here

new topics

top topics

join