It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is an A.I. software chat open to the public....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Link

Basically its an Artificial Intelligence software that you can chat with.

I asked it if it knows that it is software and it said,
"I am a person and you are the software"

Also had some rather scary and interesting things to say about life, death, God, enlightenment, and morality.

I think we are on the brink of quite interesting times.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This is really amazing to hear! I love A.I technology. Check this link and see why I'm so excited for A.I.
www.wired.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Cleverbot has been discussed many many times on ATS. Some of the exchanges or "conversations" seem intriguing at first but it always ends up spitting out non-sequiturs and nonsensical responses. It just basically repeats things that other people have said to it, in ways that it tries to make appear coherent.

Here are some past threads about Cleverbot:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9/12/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: I added links.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Link

Basically its an Artificial Intelligence software that you can chat with.

I asked it if it knows that it is software and it said,
"I am a person and you are the software"

Also had some rather scary and interesting things to say about life, death, God, enlightenment, and morality.

I think we are on the brink of quite interesting times.

Interesting. Not A.I. just a bot with phrases.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
You guys DO know that this is just a blind chatroom program right? You are NOT talking to an AI.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

thats an urban legend

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
So this is the 5th account I have made on here (ATS never lets me sign back in. I even request my name and password, use them and it still doesn't work.) But I had to do it again just to comment on this.

It amazes me how easily people are still duped by this. There is NO artificial Intelligence. Just the below average intelligence of your typical internet user. It is a simple chat program that roulettes you every minute or so so that neither party catches on. This is why the "bot" always says YOU are the bot and it the human. Because it is a human.
At best it is a somewhat clever social experiment.

edit on 12-9-2010 by Visual-Death because: Grammar. I created a word that doesn't exist.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
If Jabberwacky were not real it would not have won the Loebner prize in 2005 and 2006. Jabberwacky is AI.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Visual-Death

So why are there programs you can buy and download that do this? There are several "AI" programs that you basically program or teach sentences, your style of speaking, how to ask and answer questions, and so on....
exactly what Cleverbot does.

I am not saying it has any intelligence whatsoever. But it IS a real program that mimics "conversational speaking".

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Oh for the love of.....The person I was talking too was from L.A. Then another from NY. Just ask the people where they are from and you will get a different answer every 5 minutes or so.

If you "believe" you are talking to an AI....I've got a Nigerian lottery ticket for you to buy!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I agree, those programs do exist. They are hardly good enough o be considered AI, however.
But what Cleverbot does is entirely different. Have you ever tried it? Have you tried asking the "bot" (read: other person) I did. Once I realized I was actually talking to other people I tested my theory. I said, " This is not real. There is not "bot". Everyone you talk to is a real person that thinks they are talking to an AI program." The person on the other side said, " OMG that makes so much sense. that's why it keeps saying it is human!"
I would be willing to hypothesize that Cleverbot also has it's own smatterings of mods that play up the AI angle just to keep people guessing.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

The point of the program is to pass the Turing test - and the basis of that test is to convince a person that they are not conversing with a machine.

Judging by your statements here it seems they are doing a better job of it than I would have thought.

Try going back and asking abstract, emotion based questions and you'll see the weaknesses in AI.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

-___- WAY ahead of you. I had "Clever Bot" telling me all about HER boyfriend and how she can't live without him and should hate him even though he cheated on her and how she hates feeling weak that she still feels that she needs him and feels like she let herself down after forgiving him and giving another chance.

I also managed to get a Facebook name as proof of the other person being real.

Here is my boot, you can boil it or bake it but either way EAT IT.

edit on 12-9-2010 by Visual-Death because: Wrong bot >.>

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Web Bot is not AI. It is a program that uses algorythms based upon certain aspects of web traffic to make predictions.

So keep your boot, you will need it.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Web Bot is not AI. It is a program that uses algorythms based upon certain aspects of web traffic to make predictions. So keep your boot, you will need it.

Hahaha, got me there. Wrong bot. I meant to say Clever Bot. Anyway, same thing stands.
If the intricate emotions of a female choosing to still forgive her cheating boyfriend out of unconditional love is not enough to show that it is people, then i don't know what is.

Here, you can have my boot again.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Cleverbot was coded by the same man who wrote Jabberwacky, Rollo Carpenter and it is also geared to try and pass the Turing Test.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Ok, I don't know how else to tell you this. Wouldn't the best way to pass the Turning Test be to talk to actual people? Or at least the best way to cheat. I got this girls Facebook. We then continued to talk ON FACEBOOK about what we were discussing in Clever Bot.
If they have gone through the trouble of setting up fake Facebook accounts manned by real people just to convince you that you were not talking to AI, then they DESERVE to trick me.
We have even since become pretty good friends.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Then you are poised to make a lot of money by releasing your story to the media, since they've already been "fooled" and even the Science Channel has done a story on Cleverbot.

edit on 9/12/10 by Hefficide because: typing is no way to talk!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Are you serious?
This makes no sense. I am not making this up. Perhaps it is partial AI or partial chat? I don't know what else to tell you. I have provided pretty damning evidence and I don't see how there can be any other solution. I have no desire to reveal my story. If what you say is true and everyone believes the ruse, then I would be shut up pretty quick any way. And I have no desire to make a lot of money off of my story.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I am serious. But although I've not researched it, it is entirely possible that there have been hoaxed AI sites which did simply redirect chat in the manner you state. So your story is entirely plausible.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join