It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Name for UFO's

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hmmmm, no one liked my "WTF"? What's That Flying? I think it's a keeper

I think what the OP is suggesting is that UFOs started out having one connotation back them. There were mysterious saucer like discs flying around.
But now, 70 years later, there are so many 'new' UFOs (some satellites, some mylar balloons, some Chinese lanterns etc) that we should revamp the name a little so to differentiate them a bit better.

ATS? A Thing Soaring? I give up

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Lets just call them

Orbies
Blinkies
Sneaky Sneakers
Fake Planes
Morphing Orbs

Does that sound more scientific since you know what they are?

But seriously i believe ET is visiting and interacting however i can not prove it thus i do not know i just think that is the case or so it seems. I have seen these craft stop on a dime and do some amazing things however i do not know if they are from area 51, another dimension , from the earths future, mars, orion, or even from the astral plane. Everything we have learned and have been told is hear say while intriguing and seemingly impossible for humanity to achieve what do we really know? So if there is something i see flying over my house that i can not identify then i know what it is? That means they are aliens? Intuition and knowing are not the same.

U.F.O > Unidentified Flying Object

is just that

edit on 12-9-2010 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Big Iridescent Radioactive Disappearing Ships
or
Bright Ariel Long Lasting Overhead Operation Night Ships

You see what I did there

Very Entertaining Neon Unusual Ships

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
PEVs = Potentially Extraterrestrial Vehicles

2nd line.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Thank god someone got it

Kaleidoscopic Interstellar Transwarp Extraterrestrial Spacecraft

That was a tough one...

edit on 12-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

LOL - nice one

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

yeah in the opening post i mentioned a couple of names.

Well i am sure their true name is not '' alien '' - It is a label but not a name. The same goes for '' illegal aliens '' ( Earthbound that is ) For example a mexican fellow trying to jump the boarder for a better life in America would be classified as an ''illegal alien'' but his race is human and he comes from mexico. ( just an example only the same goes for any person of any background seeking a better life)

So then that leaves a very big question, what are they? ( age old i know ) but we are only labelling not classifying or giving a true name to the species / organism we talk about day after day.

The same goes for UFO, if i see a saucer shaped flying space craft why should i call it a UFO, i know it is a spacecraft that is shaped like a saucer. The same goes for many similar and non similar sightings.

We seem to know by now that whatever we are seeing did not originate on earth, that the craft are from space. So in may ways they are identified now.

Think of this, by now we all know what a fighter jet looks like, what if i see a non painted f-22 - i cannot id what country it is from. It does not mean it is a UFO, it only means i do not know who is piloting it!!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

How about Unconfirmed Extraterrestrial Device ? Although I dont agree with the stand point held by some members which seems to be "Until you prove me wrong, this video has a alien space craft in it" , this would be a perfect name for those people to use.
For skeptics and so on I would think that Perfectly Mundane Object would be a good replacement, since they are more likely to hold to that extreme of the opinion scale

I guess if we needed a phrase which would work for both groups how about Unknown Presence In Airspace?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Freaking Flying Thing FFT
Funny Looking Object FLO
Curious Aerial Thing CAT
Weird Blurry Light WBL
Strange Flying Shape SFS
Floating Thing in the Sky FTS
Mysterious Blurry Dot MBD
Unknow Shinny Point USP
Blinky Spacial Anomaly BSA

edit on 13-9-2010 by MonteroReal because: nuevas ideas

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
"IFFIES"

caus if they are, then what?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Ufo = Top secret gov. space craft or Inner Earth craft
E.t. Craft = non Earth craft

my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It's good to see lots of feedback and some mixed interest in the topic.

I still think visitors would make a good name for the object the appear to be craft of some sort. Although the orbs of light still baffle me in some ways. Interdimentional perhaps? or maybe a type of probe or surveilance device, in some wys that does make sense. At the moment the military uses UAV's to survey enemy territory or spy. Perhaps the orbs and smaller balls of light are also used in that way. Very advanced but also very convienient, small, fast and stealthy at times.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I liked that one.

FEDS

F****** 'Ell, Didya See?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

CRITTERS - 85%ish of sightings are Plasma life forms indigenous to Earth

BLACK OPS CRAFT - 15%ish are ours

VISITORS - the 5%ish that are the real outsiders...

That of course after all the hoaxes have been sorted out

In my opinion... of course...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Combination of all of the above.

- Reverse engineered, earth-based military craft.
- Actual interplanetary spacecraft, travelling by manipulating the laws of hyperspace etc.
- Interdimensional creatures and their earth-based craft (angels, demons, watchers, nephilim)
- Actual space based life forms
- Remote probes sent to observe & feedback to the alien senders

Actual inter-planetary spacecraft used by the humans who have taken steps into the solar system - funded by the vast missing amounts of cash from the Federal Reserve.
Can anyone say 9 trillion dollars in 9 months? for a few black helicopters? or to demolish a couple of skyscrapers?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I'll have to stick to the term "UFO", and depending on what shape it is I might add FT, saucer, orb, cigar, or whatever to that.
To me though, UFO doesn't mean "alien spaceship". I use the term alien to mean totally foreign to what we are expected to see in the sky but I don't like the word spaceship because there's no proof these alien craft come from outer space. They might come from right here on Earth, or from another dimension or they might even be conjured up by members of our own race.
"Alien spaceship" sounds as daft as "little green men". imo.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
And the winner is....

Foofies!!

Oh, new formatting layout for replying, cool!

I want it to be known that once upon a time I was a hard nosed sceptic looking for evidence to back up statements made as fact and used this term, in what could be considered as a derogatory fashion, to point the finger at believers.

Now that I'm a believer however I think it's cute and that the Greys, Venusians and Galactic Light Federation guys of every dimensional density will think it is cute too. It is light and airy and rolls off the tongue.

We should use this term to embolden ourselves against the evil sceptoids and their supposedly clever use of language (As fellow believer Noam Chomsky points out often!) the same way that many cultures across the world revel in what was once prescribed as an insult to them by other communities.

So come on all believers say it loud and say it proud:

Foofies!!!

-m0r

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Foofies is actually quite cool. I WILL use that from now on. I've seen a few foofies in my time.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

The problem begins when you say we all know they are alien. I, for one, don't think what I saw was alien though it absolutely remains unidentified! I can't say that it flew but it was definitely an object. It hovered. Therefore I saw a UHO

edit on 14/9/2010 by SeenMyShare because: Edit to add: I saw this thing up close and can't identify it. I probably could have touched it and still couldn't tell you "what" it was.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
N.T.C. - Non Terran Craft [Any craft not correlating to known configurations built by our species.]

N.T.B. - Non Terran Being [Physical non terrestrial persons.]

N.T.E. - Non Terrran Entity [Energy lifeform.]

Tend not to use the term UFO myself and hate the term 'alien' for some reason in fact that's the first time i've written the word for many years.

Also hate the xenophobia levelled at NTB's/NTE's as it is patently obvious that most are absolutely non hostile to our species or other life on Terra, in fact, for various reasons, i am glad they are around.

Peace.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join