It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your all-time most annoying, most hated TV/film character?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Have you ever started watching a series, a film, a soap-opera to relax.
At first you did, but then you find yourself filled with adrenaline and rage.
Eventually you just want to reach through the screen and throttle that one character!

Is it that talking dog, is it the child-star brat who sorely needs a spanking?
Is the victim in horror and thriller that is so stupid that you side with the psychotic killer?
Is it a housewife that tramples on all gender advancements by being the dumb-blonde?
Please tell me - share your frustration.
Add a clip - even better.

For me it's the oldest Camden kid, Matt on Seventh Heaven. I mean the whole cast is just annoying, but Matt takes the cake.
In my day he would have had the living daylights beaten out of him.
Everything he does is cringe-worthy - the script, the actor, it is beyond hell.
Yet I keep watching, and hating ... with the grim satisfaction that the actor is probably older than me by now, and the whole hyper-heterosexual role ruined his acting career.
And thank God he never did try the pot in his pocket, or nobody would ever touch it again.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Actually, I softened a bit on Seventh Heaven. I suppose it's a love-hate thing.
But the character of Matt is just an endurance test.
Why does anybody like him at all? He's a constant jerk.
Do kids in America really date that much without ever having sex?
We're at the series where he moves in with his room-mate. That's where the focus on him becomes close to unbearable.
As one of the brood he was OK - the strangely tanned brother of the equally strangely tanned Mary, who do not resemble their parents or siblings at all. (Except for the oddly fake-tanned Ruthie at times.)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

And then we have the Kardashians.
Scott Risik comes across as the fall guy.
I'm not surprised he's driven to drink by the meddling mother, and mishapen dad. Yeah, the dad does it. He wants to be all conservative, but he runs a household of sluttish female models.
And what's his claim to fame? He was some sport-star in the 1970s and still rides on that fame.
It's like a family of side-show freaks, where no physical inch is real.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
My girlfriend used to make me sit through "Gilmore Girls" every weekend with her and by the end of each episode I would literally want to kill.
I can't pick one character as there all just so bad. The terrible wooden acting fast spoken dialog that sounds like there reading it off of the floor and the unbelievably dull story lines made me feel bad about the whole of humanity.

I can't believe acting this bad actually made it on to a TV screen

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
My all time hated actor is - Ray Romano of Everybody Loves Raymond. I CANNOT stand that nasally non funny attempt at a character. I just want to scream at the television (if forced to sit through it) grow a pair, dude.... seriously. And STFU. what an assault on the ear drums and visual senses. God I hated that show, and my ex looooved that POS show.
That reminds me... Ross on friends... same deal there. Cripes, talk about annoying.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Jar Jar Binks holds the top spot for me....what a waste of screen time.

For television, any time they tried to add a new kid (usually a "cousin") to a sitcom to rescue ratings, THAT character was annoying.

Currently though, it's the dorky brother on Two and a Half Men. His rich brother basically gives him a place to stay, (even though he has his own medical practice, and could presumably live on his own just fine), and yet he continually disrespects him and his generosity. Pad on the beach, Charlie's hand me down hoes...dude, really?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Paris Hilton....does she count? I really wanna try to slap the dumb right outta that girl.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Sheldon from the big bang theory.

He's sooooooo annoying and my god, he reminds me waaayyy too much of someone I know.....And Hate!!!

edit on 11-9-2010 by Rising Against because: why not?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hehe...I love to hate Sheldon (and yes, I think we all know or knew somebody like this guy...)...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Currently there are two on the top of my list: SpongeBob and Godzilla.

Odd as it sounds, both characters are currently favorites of my four-year old son. Needless to say, if I never have to listen to SpongeBob's irritating laugh or witness Godzilla destroying Tokyo for the millionth time, I will be the most content little camper.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

(and yes, I think we all know or knew somebody like this guy...)...

Unfortunately, I still know one.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hehe...mine moved.

The parallels are simply uncanny though....I find a new one almost every time I see the show.

Of course, most of my friends are fellow geeks (although married, and most with children, these days)....

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Is wrong to say Nancy Grace?

Not what you were looking for...okay then, anyone from Married with Children.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
When I was growing up I used to literally hate Roadrunner. I always wanted the Coyote to kill him, he was just so smug and that annoying meeping sound Aghhhhhh

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
There are too many to list.

Right now I hate the talking E-trade baby. I also gag at the site of that pack of Hyena's known as the Kardashians.

In no particular order - TV

Roseanne Barr
The Olson Twins
Tony Kornheiser
Bill Maher
Steve Urkel
Kirk Cameron
Dog the Bounty Hunter (the fact that they call a grown woman Baby Lisa...WTF?)
Anderson Cooper
Bill Oreilly
Nancy Grace - the vulture of tabloid news
Chris Collinsworth
David Caruso
Katie Courick

Movies -

Jar Jar Binks - hate
Carrot Top
Hanna Montana
Any movie where a skinny black man dresses up like a fat black woman
Any character played by Tom Cruise

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
Sheldon from the big bang theory.

He's sooooooo annoying and my god, he reminds me waaayyy too much of someone I know.....And Hate!!!

edit on 11-9-2010 by Rising Against because: why not?

Bwahahahahahaha!, I got it! But I actually love that show, it cracks me the heck up.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Ohhhh.... The humanity....

edit on 9/13/10 by Hefficide because: darned huge ewoks and stuff

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Dude! I understand that Drescher lady and fat head Limbaugh....but why the Ewoks?

Come on man....the Ewoks!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Friends sucks as a whole, but the worst is Phoebe; I cannot stand her!
Also, the main character on CSI: Miami. That guy really pisses me off.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

While I do see your point about the Ewoks, as they are cute and fluffy... Let me defend my position:

Jar Jar Binks is a by product of the Ewoks. If scifi fans would have made more of a stink about ewoks then good Mr. Lucas might have thought twice about trying to tap that "kiddie marketables" well again.

And, let's look at this another way. Return could have... should have been the greatest scifi movie of all time. It was primed to be just that. Empire left the door wide open for the darkest, most stark and moving tale that modern humanity had seen in generations. And faced with this, George Lucas gave us...muppets???

We already had a cool muppet in Yoda!

So, Jar Jar managed to taint a slightly above average science fiction movie or two. But the Ewoks killed a franchise!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join