It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i can justify the use of terrorist tactics!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
natas---

i am a supporter of all sides in a way...

i dont care about anything in the war so i dont complain and this also means that i "like" the way the "teams" are "playing"...

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
they see all i am ashame d for you

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
they see all i am ashame d for you

based on your avatar and name i ask this:

are you ashamed of your army???

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Im sure everyone in international media, all the thousands of them just seemed to miss "millions" of people being gunned down.

Well lets see in addition to the people gunned down in the Gulf and recently, many more were killed as a result of starvation, inadequate medical supplies, etc. Illnesses skyrocketed as a result of depleted uranium. (Oil for Food program- oil for other stuff as well; i know saddam stole some of the money, but thats not the only thing that happened with this)

Dude, what is your problem anyway, just because you don't agree with what I say, you start the name calling. Thats typical of the Neo-Cons you probably live to support. If someone says something critical, call them a name. The only time I've been called a name on ATS is from Neo-Cons, what does that say about you? You know man, you're really annoying me, I haven't ignored anyone, but I'm getting real close. I'd love to call you all sorts of names and tear you a new one but I won't. At least the other Neo-Cons actually give some proof, you just slander. Good job!!

Disclaimer: I am not a Democrat, so spare me that name calling.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It took me a while to realize this guy just like to raise a stink. BYE!

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Wrong.

You see, you are right, in the sense that he does not have the tech. that we do. However, he is NOT specifically targeting the militaries of the countries he opposes. He also specifically targets civilians, and not just American, either. Korean, as we have all unfortunately seen and heard recently.

In all aspects of these conflicts, they can fight eachother's ARMIES, but NOT kidnap and execute INNOCENT people. People that have NO connection whatsoever to the Military. CIVILIANS.

That - and then - is when the line is crossed, and it becomes terrorism, not war.

-wD

::EDIT::

Also, terrorism, cannot be justified. Killing innocents, and violating human rights, is terrorism. Not war. Sure, a FEW U.S. soldiers, bad apples so to speak, abused Iraqi POWs. However, that was not even a dozen of our soldiers that did that.

ALL of THEIR terrorists LIVE to abuse and harm innocents.

Please man, tell me you can see this. I am horribly ashamed for you, too, as WestPoint said. And no, I am not ashamed of my Army.

DO NOT target the Army either. They fight where they are told to fight, and go where they are told to go. It is their JOB.

IF you want to target someone, target the men in charge, not the soldiers trying to make a living.

-wD

[edit on 22-6-2004 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Dude, what is your problem anyway, just because you don't agree with what I say, you start the name calling.
Disclaimer: I am not a Democrat, so spare me that name calling.

Wheres the name calling? Where? You made some very off topic and very erroneus claims. Dont even start on DU there are enough threads supporting/debunking that argumetn all across this board.

If your not political I dont see the point in you labeling me a Neocon. Im just backing the truth and the truth is no where near a million people died as you so claim.

If I never provide truth and facts and attack people then why am I still here? Wouldnt I have been banned? Wouldnt I not have won the WATS award like I did a month ago? Wouldnt I not be leading some valuable research groups.

Stop trying to paint me into a corner because your all hot and bothered with me questioning your lies.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I can understand your point, and to be honest its not much different than the un-gentleman like tactics that the U.S. used against the British. In the sense that it wasn't traditional. My only problem is this.

Almost all wars in history had a reason or a purpose, even if it wasn't a real good reason it was still there. What is it that the terrorist want? Land, money, respect, revenge... I mean they have to want something and as far as I can tell, their demands change everyday.
What do they want?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
TSA, you can say that you are neutral all day long but in the eyes of OBL you are the enemy and thus a target. OBL has one goal, to see his brand of Islam everywhere. If you do not follow his version then you are an infidel and must be destroyed.

Situational Ethics and what if's are fine for parlor games but hold no real value in the real world. For the vast majority of people on this planet there is an enate feeling of right and wrong, the people I am afraid of are the ones that do not see this and thus justify all actions as neutral or aceptable.

My feelings do not arise from what the President says or the Church, I get my information from many sources around the world and reading many different viewpoints.

Definition: JUSTIFY
1.[v] defend, explain, clear away, or make excuses for by reasoning; "rationalize the child's seemingly crazy behavior"; "he rationalized his lack of success"
2.[v] show to be right by providing justification or prove; "vindicate a claim"
3.[v] show to be reasonable
4.[v] let off the hook; "I absolve you from this responsibility"

I will give you that the basic premise of your thread has been met, but by the same reasoning any and all actions can be justified, therefore any action by the U.S. is justified as a proper response to what we deem as a threat to us.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You like the way the teams are playing? That's an interesting comment.

Am I to assume, then, that you enjoy seeing innocent civilians get their head sawed off with a machete? Did you "enjoy" seeing the planes strike the two towers back in '01? Do you enjoy continued threats against innocents all around the world?

I don't know, man - I don't enjoy any of that, and I am hopeful that those that do live for that kind of thing are washed from the earth.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Osama Bin Laden is DEAD!!!! He's been DEAD since we nailed his arse in Afghanistan in 2002. He is being kept "alive" by just about everybody who has a stake in the "War On Terrorism".
Al Qaida keeps him "alive" to keep the movement going.
The U.S. keeps him "alive" to keep the war going.
Israel keeps him "alive" to have a "boogeyman" to bash.
The Muslim world keeps him "alive" just to keep hope alive.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by natas
You like the way the teams are playing? That's an interesting comment.

Am I to assume, then, that you enjoy seeing innocent civilians get their head sawed off with a machete? Did you "enjoy" seeing the planes strike the two towers back in '01? Do you enjoy continued threats against innocents all around the world?

I don't know, man - I don't enjoy any of that, and I am hopeful that those that do live for that kind of thing are washed from the earth.

i do like the way the teams are playing...

they are doing what they can in order to "win" this "game"

im neutral (as i said before)

im just watching the "game" on "tv" and saying: "that was a good play"

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
That's out there - thanks.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Sorry - but when people lose their lives, kids lose mommies and daddies and parents lose children, I refuse to call it a game.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eljay
Osama Bin Laden is DEAD!!!! He's been DEAD since we nailed his arse in Afghanistan in 2002. He is being kept "alive" by just about everybody who has a stake in the "War On Terrorism".
Al Qaida keeps him "alive" to keep the movement going.
The U.S. keeps him "alive" to keep the war going.
Israel keeps him "alive" to have a "boogeyman" to bash.
The Muslim world keeps him "alive" just to keep hope alive.

if he was dead what does it matter? he isnt the only terrorist.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

I caught this at the beginning and chose to stay away, so forgive me if this has been covered. If you are "neutral" maybe you should have said "I see how the terrorist justify this." Not how you do.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
intrepid---

true BUT the kind of "neutral" i am (if that makes any scence :puz
is the kind that sits back and views EVERY aspect of the was as RIGHT (but since i stated that right / wrong is in a persons head i cant use the word right so i chose the word neutral because there is no right / wrong so both choices would be neutral) or OK

so EVERY aspect of the war is "OK" and is "true" or "right" (neutral)

questions???

(what i just said problably made no scence so ask away)

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

intrepid---

true BUT the kind of "neutral" i am (if that makes any scence :puz
is the kind that sits back and views EVERY aspect of the was as RIGHT (but since i stated that right / wrong is in a persons head i cant use the word right so i chose the word neutral because there is no right / wrong so both choices would be neutral) or OK

so EVERY aspect of the war is "OK" and is "true" or "right" (neutral)
questions???
(what i just said problably made no scence so ask away)

You are right. That is the most ambiguous thing I have every read. Saying something, without saying anything. My one queston is WHY?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Man, I'm sorry, but are you ok? You condone sawing someone's head off with a machette? That is a "good play" to you? I really feel for you, man. I can see your opinion, that is looking through the terrorists point of view at the situation and realizing they think they are right. But come on...

You honestly don't care that they're chopping off innocent people's heads? That is NOT a "good play." That is an utterly reprehensible act of cowardice and evil.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
It took me a while to realize this guy just like to raise a stink. BYE!

You are 100% correct crmanager...

TSA is what 11, 12 yrs old, and probably sitting back laughing at all of you that are trying to prove something to him, and this is what he wants...

All I see in this thread is someone trying to incite an argument...

The terrorist aren't even following their religion, they are following what they want to follow of it...

And in the logic of this thread, the coalition would be in their rights to nuke the places where terrorist's hide out, and still have a moral right to say " I did what I had to do to win"...

Yep...I'm outta here too...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join