It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Radar - Cell Phone App

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Who ya gonna call?

GHOSTBUSTERS!

Sorry, probably didn't have to start out the thread in that fashion - But, I really couldn't help it. When I was walking around earlier with my phone scanning everything like Egon in the hotel. Anyway, I am not as much posting this thread for everyone to go download it, but I am curious as to what you may think of it. Maybe some of you already have it? Not too sure, but just a forewarning...It is $2.99 through blackberry app world and it is mainly for Android and iPhone. It's not that expensive, but possibly three bucks you could spend somewhere else?

Now, to the good stuff. This app is supposed to be able to detect entities around you and the device. Also, it picks up on sounds that "intelligent" spirits might send out in an attempt to communicate.

How does Ghost Radar work? Modern mobile devices are amazing devices filled with sensors and transceivers. To name a few, there is a WiFi transceiver, a touch sensor, an acceleromete, a phone transceiver, a microphone, and a magnetometer. As you can see there are plenty of ways for paranormal activity to interact with the device, the trick is to interpret the readings from these sensors and receivers and present them in a way to help track the paranormal activity.

Again, it's all kind of crazy and I want to say that some of it sounds like a load of Bull, but who am I to say? That's why I turned to the guys here on ATS. Let me know what you think from the website and if you have it, please share you experiences.

The website above has stories that users submitted after their use of the app. Finally, I should note that the website also states that the app is not scientifically proven to be a measurable form of research and should be used for entertainment purposes only. This is the main reason I think it might be just completely fake but still I really cannot tell.

edit: if I entered that external bit of info wrong, could the mods please touch it up? thanks!!

edit on 9/9/2010 by philosearcher because: to add a note to the mods

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I have this app.

It doesn't really do anything. Just has some settings which change how often things happen, and says random words periodically.

People who get freaked out by it *want* to be freaked out by it.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
That was more less what I got out of it. I was hoping that it was going to be something more. I think one of the stories online said about a guy used it and the radar said something was right over top of him and the random word was 'grandfather' and he was instantly sold or something. Also, his grandfather had just passed away. I mean, it seems plausible however, it could easily have been coincidence. Bummer, guess I'll have to find an EKG meter elsewhere...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Sounds like the stuff from Digital Dowsing.

Not sure if they work.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

As a psychologist and a longtime legitimate paranormal investigator I'll be the 1st one to tell you this app is garbage. Every single ghost hunting show on tv is pseudoscientiffic trash. Just like the app.

How can you measure or detect a ghost? Other than actually seeing it, feeling it or hearing it there is no way to know. You have to be able to quantify a ghost to detect it with measurment instrumentation.

Can you answer these questions?

1. What is a ghost?

2. What is a ghost made of?

3. Are they made from known matter?

4. Do they exist as a known energy type?

5. So they even give off an electromagnetic field?

6. Are they actually present in our dimension or simply a glimpse through a window?

None of this is provable. The only true ghost detector are your physical senses and they can be easily fooled and manipulated as well. Until we know what a ghost is and what it's makeup is then we won't know if we can detect it or not.

I see shost hunters using an EMF detector. Why? Prove an EM spike is a spirit.

I see them using thermometers. Prove a ghost sucks energy from the environment and changes the temp.

I see them using a ghost box. Prove it isn't a random radio, tv, cell, cb signal bouncing through the air.

I see them using digital audio recorders. Prove it isn't one of the aforementioned signals or contamination from the other investigators.

I see them using nightvision cameras, slow shutter speed stills, thermal cameras, and cameras that do not handle motion well. Prove it isn't a light effect on the nightvision. Prove it isn't a human or animal walking through during the 5 second shutter speed. Prove you didn't leave the heat source by leaning on something, or that it isn't a reflection or animal. Prove the crap digital video cam ghost isn't just pixelation from the motion.

I've seen and experienced things which have proven to me and those around me that the spiritual realm does exist. I am skeptical of all evidence even most of my own. As should any legitimate investigator.

You can't detect something unless it's composition is known or it creates a known repeatable effect.

I'd like to see if TAPS keeps a database of EM spikes, temp fluctuations, radiation levels on every visible apparition and every poltergeist type activity that occurs, so they can track it to see if there is a consistent result produced. We do. Instead of Ghost Hunters they should call it Ratings Hunters.

So anything that says it can detect ghosts or spirits may or may not be garbage, it can't be proven that it can or can't. So it's garbage unless you get a speciffic reading everytime a paranormal event happens.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Thanks for that. It really sheds light on the subject from a side I really haven't thought of as much. Interestingly enough, I as well would like to pursue at least a career in psychology. Paranormal studies have fascinated me all my life, but I never know where to go with it. I will definitely keep what you said in mind - Especially next time I pay for an app like that.

top topics

join