It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I say we give Mexico California!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

That is true! I like capitalism. I'm already loving this book I purchased!

www.amazon.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Ah but why start, stop at good ol' Ca? why not give or let them have back, AZ,TX NV and NM not to for get UT and CO, they are there now so why not let them have what they want? then in five years we can take thous states back for free!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
No, I say give California to the Chinese to pay off the debt...

Kill two birds with one stone..

And they can keep Arnie, probably understand him better than me anyway..

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
If anything, with U.S. citizens being regularly killed above and below the border, and the Mexican government and military apparently helpless to stop it, the U.S. would be much more justified in forcibly occupying Mexico, eliminating insurgents, and re-establishing a democratic government. It's no different that what we're trying to do in Afghanistan, and we wouldn't have to go halfway around the world to do it.

Actually, though, if we just legalized an taxed all the "morally objectionable" drugs, the cartels would go broke in a month, and we wouldn't have to fight. The six Mexican families who control the country would sell us everything we wanted at fire sale prices -- oil, minerals, real estate, whatever.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
OKAY, modified the idea...........

Let us think about this logically.

I say, California, New York and Washington DC. Sell their intrinsic value and state that we are even. Anyone that like the liberal progressive agenda get to go with the settlement areas. The rest of us get to keep the rest of it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I'd rather have California at least stay the way it is... it makes a good buffer zone along the west coast between Mexico and Canada.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

no that would be to ar for them to say they have there land back, now we could give NY and DC to our friends up north, that is if they would want them.

edit on 9-9-2010 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

What is so funny, you know for a FACT the neighbors up north would NEVER want the two.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The thought is fun to entertain and quite amusing. However we shouldn’t give up any American land to these criminals. If anything we just need to enforce our laws to keep them out. Once they've destroyed California, and they will, (look at Mexico) so then what? Then they'll cross over into Nevada and other states to plague the US once again. Its best to just suck it up, fight back, and retake our country from the thieves.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
How is this, we only give back Southern California keep most of central except San Fransisco, and keep Northern California except Sacramento. People don't seem to realize all the sections of the state are vastly different and contain very different types of people. Because the bulk of the population lives in Southern the Northern and central people don't get their voices heard. Please don't throw us out with the bath water. If we weren't carrying southern California we wouldn't half as bad off.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
How is this, we only give back Southern California keep most of central except San Fransisco, and keep Northern California except Sacramento. People don't seem to realize all the sections of the state are vastly different and contain very different types of people. Because the bulk of the population lives in Southern the Northern and central people don't get their voices heard. Please don't throw us out with the bath water. If we weren't carrying southern California we wouldn't half as bad off.

I like this idea actually.

Not kidding at all either. But keep San Fran. People think San Fran is a crazy far-leftist paradise and well, it is to a degree, but there's a lot of good things in San Fran as well.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I would much rather give them the Republican/Tea Party, tax free and forever. California and it's economy is one of America's biggest assets while it is the Neo-Cons that are attempting to destroy this country and are totally expendable.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
California is the 5th largest economy in the world for a reason.

If your idea of erasing the border between Mexico and CA came to reality, I imagine that CA would quickly become the LARGEST economy in the world having the full spectrum from silicon valley being the spawnpoint for the worlds technological innovations to having cheap labor to compete with the likes of China. Actually given your idea I think it would be dangerous in the sense that it would elevate Mexico's world standing rapidly relative to the Untied States.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join