It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Satanic tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
There's a website I read a few months back with regards to the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, but I forgot the url. There's so much interesting stuff I read and it made a lot of sense. Luckily, I copied some of that partly and pasted it on msword. Here's the verse for our reference:

Genesis 2:17 - But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Anyway, there's a misconception that tree of the knowledge of good and evil is something of the acquirement of knowledge in order to advance and educate oneself in the areas of science and technology. But, this is not so and this is a huge misunderstanding.

According to the site, as much as I can recall, the verb 'to know' in the Bible is often used to denote sexual union.

Genesis 4:1 - Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, "I have acquired a man from the Lord."

The Greek word for knowledge is "gnosis" and the Hebrew for that is "daath" which means "sexual union" or to unify the opposites.

Here's some references for your guidance:

“The Hebrew word for ‘knowledge’ is daath, which also means ‘sexual union’. Gnosis truly is ‘knowledge’ in the Biblical sense! It is the coming together of the opposites in such intimacy that they become one.” - Jesus and the Lost Goddess, by Timothy Freke, Peter Gandy, p. 160

“The goal is gnosis, the inseparable unity of path and goal, characterized by the union of the opposites” - Secret doctrines of the Tibetan books of the dead, by Detlef Ingo Lauf, Graham Parkes, p. 52

“The Goal of Gnostic initiation was, likewise, to bring the lower self into union with the higher self, for, it is when they are made one that enlightenment occurs.” - Iranaues (130-202 CE) and Valentinus (100-180 CE)

Clearly, the Bible doesn't talk about the acquirement of scientific knowledge, but it talks about in the terms of Gnosticism which is the unification of the opposites. Good is the opposite of Evil, thus the tree is the union of the Good and the Evil, the union of the opposites. Thus, if I may re-write the verse again in this context:

Genesis 2:17 - But of the tree of gnosis, you shall not partake of it, for if you partake of it, you will die.

Gnostic sects flourished in the Roman Empire in which the members were called ophites or serpents. Here is the reference:

“Ophite (from Greek ophis, “serpent”), member of any of several Gnostic sects that flourished in the Roman Empire during the 2nd century ad and for several centuries thereafter. Only gnosis, the esoteric knowledge of good and evil, can redeem man from the bonds of matter and make him aware of the unknown god who is the true source of all being.” – Encyclopedia Britannica

According to the Bible, the serpent is none other than Satan himself! He is the Ophis that the Gnostic ophites worship. He is the esoteric union of good and evil, the union of the opposites. The tree wasn't a tree at all. It was symbolic of Satan himself.

If I may re-write the verse again and simplify it:

Genesis 2:17 But of Satan, if you worship him, you will surely die.

Satan is that Gnostic tree of the knowledge (union) of Good and Evil (the opposite aspects).

According to the bible again, to anyone who eats of this tree, he will surely die. Why is it so? Read this verse:

Hebrews 2:14 Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same nature, that through death he might destroy him who has the power of death, that is, the devil

If you worship the devil, you will die for he has the power of death. The tree of life is God who is the giver of life. The tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil is Satan who gives death. Most probably Satan tempted Eve and showed her so much glory, wealth, and wisdom, just like the way he tempted Jesus:

Matthew 4:

4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

If only Adam and Eve would worship the Devil, he will give all these things as promised. They succumbed to the temptation, but death will be knocking at their doors when they expire.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This is very interesting to read! I though Satan was an Angel not serpent and God made the Serpent more cunning then all the other creatures? So if God intensively allowed this to happen then we can say death comes from God.
I believe this sites interpretation of Adam and Eve.
www.usbible.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Let me suggest that the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" is the "self"/"not self".

The "self" defines itself and all of its desires and thoughts as the "good", whereas the "not self" is defined as the "evil".

In other words, the "self" is looked upon as the absolute determiner of all morality.

But, of course, the Revelation of the Law demonstrated that there is an Absolute Moral Value beyond the desires of the "self" and the definitions of "good" and "evil" by the "self".

In other words, there is a fundamental conflict between the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" and the "Tree of Life" (Genesis 3:24).

Thus, the "Tree of Life" is related to the Law, whereas the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" is related to death.

Michael Cecil

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Using the standard christian approach of: "We play on my homeground, and I decide on the rules", yes, the OP 'demonstrates' some 'truths'.

Letting homeground and rules be commonly decided is ofcourse out of the question, from a 'christian' perspective.

Nonetheless here is the situation from quite another angle (e.g. original gnostic or buddhistic).

1/ The tree of life is the cosmic dynamics, which contains such unpleasant elements as 'suffering'. Suffering is explained by 'christians' as the secret motivation of an entity, which is 'mysterious' (ineffable). This brilliant piece of theology is further supported by claiming everyone carries a burden of cosmic debt (original sin), another theological conjurer-trick.

2/ The tree of knowledge presents an option of finding out, what really is going on. This is ofcourse stiff competition for the power- and brainwashing supporters of fundamantalistic 'christianity' monopoly, so knowledge is added to the long list of 'sins', which you'll burn for.

I'll take my chances, trying to find 'reality' instead of fairytales, presented with rather twisted logic.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I can haz apple nowz?

Forbidden knowledge nom nom sacredness tasy

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BoehringerIngelheim

Originally posted by BoehringerIngelheim

According to the site, as much as I can recall, the verb 'to know' in the Bible is often used to denote sexual union.

Behold, I have two daughters who have not known any man.
(Genesis 19:8).

Yes, sometimes "knowing" refers to sex. But sometimes it does refer to knowledge. Anyhow, my personal opinion is that sex is one of the greatest desires living creatures has, therefore gaining control of that animal desire might be beneficial to one's character: If you can resist lust and desire, your mind is more free to explore other dimensions of thought.

Sometimes selibacy have had disastrous effect on people and society, as we can observe from the behaviour of some catholic priests.

Furthermore my opinion is that biblical satan (much a kin to the Prometheus) indeed refers to knowledge. This is obvious when you read the bible, Book of Job for example. Lucifer is the lightbringer, the illuminator. But it also tricks people to commit horrible deeds in name of knowledge. Knowledge is power.

-v

edit on 9-9-2010 by v01i0 because: for fun.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The snake told the truth in this traditional story, when he said that if they ate of the fruit they would become "like God"...but not through having sex itself exactly, that's too concrete, physical, and particular...the way they became like God was through defiance, willed separation of self from background, becoming the unruled, alienation/individuation...in a word "Romanticism"...I'm going to have to quote the second stanza of Aleister Crowley's Hymn To Lucifer here...the link is to www.poemhunter.com...

His body a bloody-ruby radiant
With noble passion, sun-souled Lucifer
Swept through the dawn colossal, swift aslant
On Eden's imbecile perimeter.
He blessed nonentity with every curse
And spiced with sorrow the dull soul of sense,
Breathed life into the sterile universe,
With Love and Knowledge drove out innocence
The Key of Joy is disobedience.

...are you following along here?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Was Cain the first Human to have an Nevil? I only ask because apparently Adam an Eve didn't an if they did who was there Father an Mother? PS im been serious here...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

Originally posted by BoehringerIngelheim

Behold, I have two daughters who have not known any man.
(Genesis 19:8).

Yes, sometimes "knowing" refers to sex. But sometimes it does refer to knowledge. Anyhow, my personal opinion is that sex is one of the greatest desires living creatures has, therefore gaining control of that animal desire might be beneficial to one's character: If you can resist lust and desire, your mind is more free to explore other dimensions of thought.

It really depends on what context it belongs. However, what the verse is pointing out with regards to the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is not about sexuality but the infusion of the opposites - as above so below, as it is light so it is darkness, as it is male so it is female. You can see this 'signature' being very apparent on this goat idol of Satanism, the Baphomet:

As in the Light, so in the Darkness
As it is an Animal, so it is a Human
As Above, so Below
As it is Dissolve, so it is Coagulate
As it is the Sky, so it is the Sea
As it is Male, so it is Female
As it is Water, so it is Fire
As it is the Earth, so it is the Air
As it is Black, so it is White
As it is Naked, so it is Clothed
As it is the Sky, so it is the Sea
As it is a Fish, so it is a Bird
As it is Hot, so it is Cold
As it is the Truth, so it is the Lie
As it is Forward, so it is Backward
As it is Spirit, so it is Flesh
As in the Natural, so in the Spiritual
As Above, so Below
As in Heaven, so on Earth

This is the tree of the 'knowledge' (infusion or union) of the 'opposites', the signature of Satan. This Baphomet is representative of Satan. This is Gnosticism, the worship of the evil one.

Adam and Eve worshiped Satan for they partook of this tree because the devil offered the temptation of pride, glory, wisdom, and power - to be like God.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
To know, as in having an experience where you learn something, in Hebrew is yada.
Knowledge as in having a particular understanding of something, in Hebrew would be, da 'ath. To be more specific, that it is definitely a noun, it would take the form, had·da·'at, which is what we find in Genesis 2:17.
So, these two things, the knowing that the tree represents, and the knowing as in having marital relations, is not as easy to link as it may seem by looking at the English translations of these different texts.
Good is like the name of the former plastic surgeon in the TV show, House M.D., Taub, which would mean something pleasant. Evil would mean, unpleasant, which is what the prototypical humans experienced, being in the Garden, and then having to later, to live from the sweat of his brow.
I think people make too much of the whole tree in the garden thing.
You can live by a higher consciousness, as in the spiritual, or the lower consciousness, as in the reptilian brain consumed by desire on the level of "the fields".

edit on 10-9-2010 by jmdewey60 because: spelling errors

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

In light of your interpretation, wouldn't it make marriage a satanic ritual? Because of the idea uniting the opposites.

-v

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Cit:

"This is Gnosticism, the worship of the evil one."

"Go out and kill everyone disagreeing". This is 'christianity', the worship of the insane one.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I think you have been given misinformation, this is what Daath really means not sexual union:

en.wikipedia.org...'at_(Kabbalah)

read that and then tell me if you still think it means sexual union. I think the author of that site is misinterpreting a lot of things, or making it into what it really isn't.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Again Satanism and Gnosticism is not the same! How is meditating, and truly understanding Jesus evil? It was also the first Christian religion! This was the religion that Jesus intended for us to have.

Here read this before you label another religion evil:

en.wikipedia.org...

Also I would suggest do a lot more research on religions you consider evil, it may surprise how many are not.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Satan is the serpent and that is why people hate snakes - although the poor snakes can't help being snakes, and they are not evil (except for the deadly ones). And even the deadly snakes are not evil - only satan and people are evil.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

I agree with you that Daath is not the same concept as sexual union...while I'm hardly an expert, based on years of driveby reading on the subject, that interpretation is unusual/off...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Re: Mysticalzoe

All fanatics like to present their own dogmas (not matter how unjustified they are) as ultimate 'truth', and from such a position ascribe all kinds of badness to competitors.

It's only loudmouthed and incompetent propaganda (my post above is an example of answering in the same vein. I tried to demonstrate sandbox-arguing by sending propaganda back).

For the record. Gnosticism was an autonome 'religion'. Not a subset of 'christianity', as 'christians' like to pretend.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Originally posted by catwhoknows

Satan is the serpent and that is why people hate snakes - although the poor snakes can't help being snakes, and they are not evil (except for the deadly ones). And even the deadly snakes are not evil - only satan and people are evil.

Not all people hate snakes. Some hate spiders too, and others hates dromedaries - many people dislikes cats

I'd imagine most people jump when they see snake because most of them are poisonous. Same goes with spiders and various other creatures. Our cats jumps everything that seems like snake (you name it, ropes and such). It is called instictive cautiousness.

Why people can't decide if their favourite seducer is a goat or serpent

I have to ask: "How did snake move before God command it to crawl on the ground?" (After A&E sinned).

Once I read from a book where Satan was interviewed and he maintained that he wasn't evil - people were, and he was merely supporting them with possibilities

-v

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I have to ask: "How did snake move before God command it to crawl on the ground?" (After A&E sinned).

Hey, V. Here's a follow-up question. Does God change anything in that speech?

For example, more pain in childbearing. More than what? How many children had the Woman had at that point?

Memo from engineering: baby's head, this big. Mother's birth canal, this wide. That was gonna hurt, all along.

Nice catch by the Head Designer, though. Insist that the lousy fit is really the client's fault

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

Can you please tell me where in the Old Testament that is says that the snake in the garden of Eden is Satan.
I have read many different versions of the bible but they all refer to 'the serpent' and Satan is'nt mentioned anywhere by name in the story of Adam and Eve. I can understand that people would THINK the serpent was Satan but as this thread proves different people reading the same text can come up with many different but equally valid opinions. Personally I find Michael Tsarions take on this story fascinating - especially when he theorises that the serpent was'nt a snake but was possibly one of the FIRST humans - you know the people God creates in Genesis 1 BEFORE creating Adam and Eve in Genesis 2&3 - see Atlantis, Alien Visitation and Genetic Manipulation for more info. Very interesting read and available as a free pdf file as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join