It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth Myth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

That's a scary story!

At least he thought to ask...eventually.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I thought that comparing someone's belief on any subject, to that of someone who believes in a ''flat earth'', was just to ridicule their belief as being synonymous with an outdated or ''primitive'' viewpoint.

I believe the person that you quote in your OP, was claiming that those that don't acknowledge ''chemtrails'' are of the same mindset as those that believe in a flat earth.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

This is quite possible, like I said I see it mostly used by one particular side of an argument.

But it can be used for both, as an example the myth of the flat earth was jumped on by Charles Darwin's supporters to discredit the church and to paint them in an outdated light.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

You're right about the Greeks.

Really though calling someone a flatearther is just an attempt at character assassination, calling the person who disagrees with you a sheeple or asleep or telling them they need to wake up is no different. We could all use a reminder to stick to statements and arguments with substance instead of accusing our fellow ATSers of living in the dark ages

Star and Flag

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

At the end of the day, yes it's nothing more than an ad hominem attack.

It's just a really sucky one because it's so wrong!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join