It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA City Council Argues That Making A Profit Should Be Illegal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Since we are talking about prohibition, I came up with a hell of an argument.

Prohibition of Alcohol Amendment? Why not an amendment for anything else?

Basically the question I ask in the link. If it took a Constitutional Amendment to prohibit alcohol and then an Amendment to reinstate it, why not to prohibit anything else?

Because they have UNLAWFULLY prohibited substances. PERIOD.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Since we are talking about prohibition, I came up with a hell of an argument.

Prohibition of Alcohol Amendment? Why not an amendment for anything else?

Basically the question I ask in the link. If it took a Constitutional Amendment to prohibit alcohol and then an Amendment to reinstate it, why not to prohibit anything else?

Because they have UNLAWFULLY prohibited substances. PERIOD.

The State is a lawless organization of thieves.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by mnemeth1

Wow, WTF?

"The people who are simply trying to make a profit are the ones messing it up for those people that need it and those legitimate distributors who are trying to help people," said L.A. City Councilman Dennis Zine.

You are taking this way out of context. He's making a reference to medical marijuana. Not hot dogs. This is a sad little thread you have made, and I think you should at the very very very least... POST THE ENTIRE QUOTE before you go on your war against those Marxist Hippies.

People should be allowed to profit selling this medical herb. Big Pharmaceutical companies make a fortune selling pills that do more harm than good while the government/police state criminalizes a harmless herb.

man this dude better never meet me in a dark alley. I got a murderous hatred for people like this.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I have said it before and I will say it again.

The government is like the mafia, there is one difference though. The mafia only asked for 20%, where the government asks for 75%

Let me see, who would I rather have being the bully? 20 vs 75, let me think about this for a little bit.........hmmm............still thinking..........

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by guyopitz

I hope that wasn't directed at me.

But it still matters for this discussion. The OPs half quote makes it seem as though this man is against all profit, when he was commenting on one specific product.

Also despite who it's directed at. You have a problem.

edit on 8-9-2010 by Miraj because: Had an extra thought.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The logic of Los Angeles' city council is mind-boggling to me. Every pharmaceutical company is out to make a profit. How many pills are pushed on people from a not-for-profit company? LA is financially farked and it’s crazy that the city council wants to stop the stream of tax money coming in from medical marijuana.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by guyopitz

I hope that wasn't directed at me.

But it still matters for this discussion. The OPs half quote makes it seem as though this man is against all profit, when he was commenting on one specific product.

Also despite who it's directed at. You have a problem.

edit on 8-9-2010 by Miraj because: Had an extra thought.

He is either against all profit or he is an illogical person.

Which is it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join