It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Presto! Out of Thin Air! A magical new currency and economy!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I am not an expert! I am basically a communist and yet I don't discount capitalism at all but fairness 1st before freedom within that fairness, is my main goal and I hope to displease everyone equally OK!

Explanation:
Hi and welcome to my circus show!

1stly ... The new magical currency: Compressed Air!
It's a ENERGY resource!

2ndly ... The new magical economy: Everyone [all civillians,citizens,consumers] can produce this [impossible to forge] currency relatively easy [with some gear] in a decentralized fashion! And any person incapacitated to the extent that they can't compress air... well we give them windmills etc. to do the job for them!

Beware... There is beaurocracy ahead!

Personal Disclosure: I'm going to expand in detail on the above in subsequent posts, but feel free to jump in and press me for answers OK! Please keep your questions to a couple of very short pointed ones at a time. Thanx!

Edited emoticon fail!
soz

[edit on 8-9-2010 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I was expecting the Amero or something in that vein, but I see what you are talking about. I am not a Communist, I think communism is lovely on paper, turns out crappy when actually applied to the human societal canvas.

Kind of like that paint you purchased at Home Depot, looked good on a chip at the store, looked like crap on your living room wall.

TPTB can keep their compressed air, I don't need no 'steeenking' compressed air. I will design my own car that runs on regular air!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
money is bull*&%#. when you think of it, most people wake up in the morning a bust their backs to make it, yet all it is, is a piece of paper with ink on it. i understand what makes money valuable is what it represents in possible merchandise and services. the only reason it is valuable is because its backed by guns and prison. basically we are forced to accept and if you don't like it you don't eat. another part of this conspiracy is that they practically make it illegal to catch a fish and eat it or any other method of self nourishment. with a worm and a hook you can pretty much eat all every day indefinitely.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Explanation: A St*r for both of you!

Personal Disclosure: Thanks for the bumps and I appreciate both the laughs and the pointed rants! [You both have concerns that I must address and I hope to displease you both quite a bit by extinguishing the nature of their passionate ferocity with reason and facts!]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
There is no difference between compressed air factory and the Federal Reserve ; both create something out of nothing, and are worth whatever the market bears.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Compressed Air

Wouldn't that make Tradesmen the next Billionairs?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Now I'm totally confused because if one used compressed air as currency, then what would be the actual procedure for purchasing an air compressor?

*ETA: I gave you stars because I'm always entertained by your 'explanation s&f' thing!"*

[edit on 9/8/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Explanation: St*r for you!

Personal Disclosure: Great question! Answer is that they cannot be purchased at all. This doesn't mean that they don't exist but their existence is completely controlled. Welcome to the beaurocracy I warned everyone about in my OP!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Explanation: Ok so my economy is...

A] Decentralized and the main creation of currency is controlled by the consumer/civillian/citizen themselves!

B] The currency is an actual resource like gold and silver and yet can be mined locally [with some beaurocratically fiated for [y]our use regulated gear... say an air compressor device [manually cranked maybe??? don't think I won't make you sweat!
]] and its actual uses are many and varied and I can only suggest members goggle for them until I can post my slanted take on them.
(soz I'm throwing this together on the fly
)

Personal Disclosure: I'll get to my communist politics and evil empire beaurocracy very soon! I will displease you my fellow members, even if it short circuits every moderator on ATS with you complaints!

P.S. Here is a youtube vid that I aquired from a recent [but hard to find in my favorites folder at the moment... will definately attribute and accord kudos and FULL recognition when I have found that...] thread!

Let's follow the Yellow brick road shall we... "The Secret of Oz"

[Edited here because I'm an idiot! :shk: ... Caution! Contains ads!
]

www.youtube.com...

Edited above because I was a complete idiot!
Sigh Soz

Edited to unembed vid and replace with normal link. [was causing some strange problems with my browser
]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
Compressed Air

Wouldn't that make Tradesmen the next Billionairs?
TPTB would never let that happen!

You will need a special license to store and therefore own, compressed air. Only those who currently own stocks in oil and gas companies will be issued licenses.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Explanation: You earned a St*r [so did they as they made me laugh!]

Ahhhh TPTB... in my economy that be us as we would control the currency... OL notes its not that hard to do with a few of the right tools etc.

[a pathethic example is bicycle tires... then we have car tires
OL hopes he's is displeasing you greatly yes?
]

Warning Politics ahead...

Communism gives Us all a say and gives Us all oversight and gives All Citizens [those who can goto/support war! Thank you Super Troopers!
] a vote! [its called Sovereignty!] An independant Judiciary can oversee the morality of the mobs decisions and veto/temper it according to an ABSOLUTE Moral standard agreed to by default of just existing and the best example of this is War Crimes which are Universally abhorent and punishable ANYWHERE!

Personal Disclosure: And as TPTB [The herd so to speak... but you are your own taskmaster and boss-cop yes! You enforce that locally] yes we dole out the licences etc. But no, the current stock holders if they want a fight can get one! My compressed air weaponry would gladly answer them in kind!

Compressed Air Corsairs... will you unite for the fight? My Corvette [named "The Yellow Peril"
] is ready with the Wind in its sails!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Explanation: Now I'm going to get down and dirty and crass this up a bit more so as to get rid off that voice bugging me on the inside of my head! Nag nag nag!
:shk:

I've been explaining this concept in ATS chat recently and also amongst my local community and this is the basic lowdown that I laydown!...

Everybody over the age of 3yrs old all the way to 83yrs old can ride a push bike yes?

Answer!
Yep!

Communally fiated Bike gives mobility and ALSO can made stationary to help MANUALLY lever ones PERSONAL ability to compress air into Communally fiated tanks! [Here's that beaurocracy and Communist ideology, or is it Marxist, creeping in... OL gets confused?
But its all just a silly fiated by us under collective agreement game anyway! ]

Mobile society is discouraged to encourage decentralized attitudes but members will note that the civilized society FIATS the means and wherewithall to the future citizen and consmer upon birth and OL'll get to the bloody welfare for the sick, infirm, crippled, geriatric, infants etc with Mills damnit ...freaking windmills and more so just
OK!
]

Air powered leverage systems such as oh... pneumatic powered robots etc. and the fact that compressed Air when used to power the turbine of an electro-magnetic dynamo creates immediate electrical power [oh
stored energy like a battery in form of tanks of compressed air... it could last 1000's of years under right storage conditions!
] means that we are not denied the ability to heat, light and easily cook for ourselves at a local level with our self produced currency and ENERGY and since the society will constantly be decompressing the currency to DO WORK then inflation is sorta nicely taken mostly care of by natural process of the economy!

Personal Disclosure: Most people are usually quite displeased by then and log outa chat or physically Run away so I'm used to having a break by now... Having a 15min smoko break to reflect on my madness!

P.S. Don't worry Capitalism IS coming as its nearly clear the herd can take care of itself in a decentralized manner... welfare ... you pay your own way by ...yep getting ONYA BIKE! This WILL keep you fit to a certain extent and will keep the lardarseryness to a minimum! [sigh OL liked big female butts ..but bye-bye to that as I have a new world order to pirate!]

And beyond that TPTB [Us remember
] fiat the means in form of mills to COVER the others welfare. So wow everybody is employed to Compress Air...who needs unemployment benefits now???

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'll leave the technical and practical topics aside, but what I think would be the nail in the coffin for this concept is its lack of scarcity. Imagine for a second that every house in the US had a small little printing press in the garage or basement that could print out valid US Dollars, the currency would devalue overnight because people were just running off sheets of 100s with little regard to the overall supply of greenbacks. If we could all produce CAs or whatever you use as a measurement of this proposed currency then people won't want to price their goods and services in it because they are so plentiful and are thus worth less. Unless you can solve this problem (hint: requires centralized control) then a compressed air economy could never work and the other technical, practical and misc issues are moot.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Explanation: St*r for you!

Personal Disclosure: I havent full explained it yet but I direct your attention to what I have already posted above...

since the society will constantly be decompressing the currency to DO WORK then inflation is sorta nicely taken mostly care of by natural process of the economy!

So you go to buy some bread from the bakers and you take either your Full compressed air tanks for trade or special bill currency [like we have now but backed by ...oh yes your compressed air stored in say a Communal Bank Tank!] and you buy some bread and the baker then uses this compressed air to run the energy requirements of baking another loaf of bread or trdaes the bills for compressed air and the former results anyway at a later date. So Inflation ... Bull Bloody

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

So what is the motivation for the baker to bake bread to sell when he will naturally have the means to compress air at home? There is far less effort and work involved in sitting at home letting the compressor run than opening the store, prepping the batches of dough, tossing them in the oven, working on inventory of supplies, cleaning the store, removing the bread and packaging it for sale, etc.?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Explanation: Ah incentives and luxuries and priviledges... they don't go away... [thanks for bringing up capitalism. another St*r 4U
]...

...and 1] he's already baking to feed his own face and that of his families, which if one was conservative in putting family 1st and liberal in what ones idea and concept of family was/is and say they extend the concept of family to one and all...

...and 2] so why not go that extra mile and turn a profit and benefit themselves via benefiting the WHOLE community...OL notes that in Communism, the State [TPTB..i.e you and me! 1 vote each remember oh...and monthly referendums held online ...hmmm best be Fiating a computer to everyone as well... OL'll shoehorn that in somewhere down the line! Thanx
] already OWNS all the business and controls all the trade required to take care of its own welfare... his bakery to feed just him would need a licence/endorsement from the herd so he wouldn't get gored to death!

Personal Disclosure: Oh and remember that I said I'd make you sweat... everybody doesn't get off scott free... we would all need to compress the air required for our personal upkeep both MANUALLY and PUBLICLY and nobody gets a free pass on that unless the entire community says so!

Beyond that, when the welfare and ones survival and safety are assured, then well there is capitalism... oh and suprisingly not... TAX! Muhahaha!

Be safe... then have fun!

Edited spelling fail and added an extra blank line to space things for better reading conditions.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well, the money we use now is just a symbol, so how is your compressed air any different?

If I had a $100 bill, I don't honestly think the paper and ink making up that bill is worth $100 on its own. Rather, me possessing that bill is proof that I either:

1. Traded an asset or assets that was mutually agreed upon by the parties involved to be worth $100.
2. Did a service for someone who thought the service provided was worth $100.

I can't do anything with that $100 dollars except trade it for more assets or services.

The bill itself is just the symbol of a trade. The assets or service traded to obtain that $100 bill is what is really of value. Money is just an easier way to keep track of the value of the assets and services we have traded.

edit on 9/8/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: grammar

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Plus a one hundred dollar bill weighs a lot less than $100 worth of compressed air (and its' tank, of course!).

Imagine how tired I would get lugging all my compressed air to the bank every day! Not to mention the problems you would have with ATM's.

edit on 8-9-2010 by butcherguy because: Because I goofed, of course.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Awesome, just awesome.

OL, your suggestion makes as much sense as basing our economy around bits of paper and metal. Cheers for thinking differently!

If Fallout can use bottlecaps, then we have the right to use compressed air!

Cheers
Shane

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

You call it getting tired, I call it a workout. A benefit out of a negative

And think how much more you'll value that $100! Wow, this might also help keep inflation down! (no pun intended, although I did see one after I wrote the last sentence)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join