It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
[color=414141]I probably shouldn't say this, so I am going to say it as discreetly as possible.....

shhh, don't tell anyone, it may be a secret.....

But, I haven't noticed any, not even one warning or warning sign on any avatars in a while now.

Are the warning signs a thing of the past?

Thanks,
ET

No they are not

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

My sneaky color bb codes do not always work

So I edited my post to say nearly the same but made the print smaller

Glad to know those warning still work, sometimes they make my avatar have more color

I was just wondering as I hadn't seen any in awhile.

thanks for the response,
ET

I'm going to go check out my new profile page and watch the Conspiracy Chicks again...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I think the timestamps at the top left of each post have changed to black. That is sort of nice, helps to differentiate

edit to add:
Maybe not here in this thread, yet, but it seems to have happened here in This post the 18th post on that page in that thread.

I like the way it looks,
ET

edit on 6-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

The friend system is being re-worked... there are some serious issues that need to be resolved.

The finished system will (hopefully) be much improved, including an ability to track threads authored by your friends.

Sounds good, I can't wait!!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
I think the timestamps at the top left of each post have changed to black. That is sort of nice, helps to differentiate

Maybe not here in this thread, yet, but it seems to have happened here in This post the 18th post on that page in that thread.

I don't think that's deliberate. I've seen it on other threads as a accidental side-effect of someone posting images. The black is less readable, so unhelpful.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Im pretty sure I have seen it mentioned, but Thread alert isnt working.

Thx Z

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I've been using the drop down below people's avatars do compensate. Just use the OP's.

Nice seeing you zazz

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Always nice to see you TTTP!
Thanks will take your advice

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I'm using the new feature to turn off avatars, but I see that it not only turns off avatars, it changes the mini-profile background color to black, so that if the member's text color is also black, I can't read it at all. Is there a work-around for this?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I'm sorry if this has been asked, I swear I've looked here and in the ISSUES thread.

Have we lost Bronze, Sliver and Gold etc for good? I'm a little bummed at that if we have. I worked hard to get to Cosmic and it would have been nice to at least have been consulted.

Apart from that, I like it, except the drop down menus are still missing fro me, is this how they'll be staying or is it a work in progress? I don't use them as it's too long a process, I just bookmark the pages I'm looking for.

Any way, you can't please everybody I guess!! Thanks for all the hard work that's gone into this.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
LOVIN' the fact that the "Posts" section in your profile now takes you to YOUR last post in a thread... so you can carry on where you left off.

Great job S.O.

YES!!!!!! This is something so many of us have wanted for so long.
I just tried it out. It works great!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
That represents a piece of a larger problem that was resolved in the ATS.2010 code -- finding a specific post in a long thread with nothing more than the post ID. The "atpost" function is the result of some rather mind-numbing math (at first) that helps get people to the right place in a thread.

Well It's a fantastic leap in the right direction, I take my hat off to you sir

As far as the old "single post" feature, that is no longer part of the site. It's so important to preserve the context in which posts appear, that we felt it important to remove the feature in favor of the new "atpost" function.

Definitely... that feature just isolated the post on a single page not attached to the thread if I remember and you still had to go and find your post in the thread?

Anyway, Great job Bill.

edit on 6/10/10 by blupblup because: To add more stuff

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

As those of us with OSD (Obsessive Symmetricity Disorder) struggle with the new layout
I was wondering if you could assist us in one regard.

Having noticed that folks are making their avatars smaller I'm giving turning them back on a shot, would it be possible when members decide to use a background color behind their avys to make it so that color goes the length of their post? What is happening is that many members are choosing to use a background color without an avy and it cuts that off just bellow their p/f/s/w stats. (see DISRAELI's post a few above this one) This results in a panic inducing visual transgression for those of us with above mentioned condition.

edit on 6 Oct 2010 by schrodingers dog because: clarity is fleeting

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The "real-time" new posts on the pop-out side menue seem to have stopped updating for me. It's still showing a post from yesterday being the newest post and says it was started 20 minutes ago. Is it just me and my browser, or is it a glitch?

--airspoon

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Am I the only who noticed (I just noticed it):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc377fa2f23d.png[/atsimg]

Great for those with slower connections or who do not want to see the avatars/backgrounds!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
moved to avatar/background thread
edit on 6-10-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The friend system is being re-worked... there are some serious issues that need to be resolved.

The finished system will (hopefully) be much improved, including an ability to track threads authored by your friends.

Hello SO, when this is completed will we get all of our friends list back or will we have to start over?

Thanks, I love the new layout so far

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think we should go back to the flashing new U2U message box instead of the whole "New Message Window" sticking up off the site’s navigation bar for what it's worth.

When will the adding new friends and the friends list be back? I think I've made new friends and would like to add them.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Where's all me marra's gone?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It's probably already been asked, but what happened to the ignore feature?

I have some people I have got to NEVER see on this site, it's better for the site, it's better for me, it's better for the automatic censors. I am afraid that if I have to deal with these people too much longer there is going to be a post with nothing but #s.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join