It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture to occur next week..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I heard a suggestion that if the rapture occurs, it would be explained away as mass alien abductions. However I laughed when I saw this post that the rapture occurs in 4 days. That tells you how seriously I believe it will happen in 4 days.

It's nice to read something amusing every so often. hmmm, stocks should take a nose dive if this actually happened. I can imagine for those still here, the event would be worse than 911 by a long shot especially if millions of people were abducted. Just think if the news media said the aliens announced we were food and the people they took should suffice for now. However they may return when they need to restock.

I can imagine fear and panic from such an announcement. The UN and other government agencies may try to block any such signal. This reminds me of a book I read. It took a small street gang in New York to show the aliens a thing or two and defeat them. Of course those aliens were only renegade aliens in one ship playing practical jokes on planets by announcing the planets imminent destruction by a fleet that would never appear.
The outlaw aliens enjoyed the mayhem unleashed by their planet wide announcements.

If anyone seriously believed a rapture announcement, I could imagine such an announcement akin to shouting fire in a movie cinema.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Ive been a member since april and this is the 4th end of the world thread ive seen.
Is anyone taking bets?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBloodRed

Mate, I was mucking around with you because you have the day wrong..

The 11th is a Saturday everywhere....I think

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I am from the future to(by one day) but we all know that if Harold is coming then he will be landing stateside.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

Indeed mate, why would they want to push the sale of their book, if they know the end is coming in 4 days? They know its not, so they can say this and get alot of sales.

If it does indeed happen, bad luck to everybody that ordered a book, you wont't get it. lmao

VVV

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I thought it was mentioned that the 10th was the day??

See, it would be the 11th in Australia and it would just then becoming the 10th for me so I was saying let me know if anything happens because the day will have passed already for you.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

next week is no good for me, how about the second week in October?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The friggin rapture is rapidly approaching and you people are arguing about what day will be the 11th? Get a calendar and a sharpie, mark the 11th. Save the date!

Why couldn't you have told us this earlier? I could have prepared ahead had I known a while back......what will I wear?!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
last I checked, only God knows the time..so how do THEY know?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

But my birthday is that week!

How about a more suitable date such as December of 2012?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Just another excerpt from the site for those who are curious but won't actually browse the site. I wouldn't hold anything true from this site, I'm just providing some insight to this thread.

The observed calendar places Trumpets as starting September 8th at sundown and the first day runs to sundown September 9th. The next day is also observed by Judaism in case the 9th was declared in error by being too early. However, there are also those who hold to the first observable sliver of the moon as the first of the month. There is a remote possibility of it being viewed on September 9th at evening, but is more likely t be seen on September 10th, making September 11th the Feast of Trumpets according to this view. It may be the best approach to remain alert through all of these days, watching for all sets of possibilities. However, it is believed here that September 8-9th will be the proper day (depending on location).

Other facts to think about:

When the moon is at conjunction it will be 1030 Universal Time (1230 Jerusalem Time) on September 8, 2010.

1236 Jerusalem Time is real noon on September 8th and 9th. Jerusalem sunrise is 0618 on September 8th.

Jerusalem sunset is 1855 on September 8th. Jerusalem sunrise is 0619 on September 9th. Jerusalem sunset is 1853 on September 9th.

2010 Rapture: The Day and Hour

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

lol, no probs, I'll send you all a postcard from........

where was it again that us good guys go???

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Also note this date, according to the site, is only to be the 'Rapture of the Church.'

Following this event it states that we are headed for the following:

It is then believed that the next 60 days are a time of global upheaval, making the way for the kingdom of the Antichrist. In this short period it is believed that the Russia-Iran Axis and the Axis of the United States are ruined by God in judgment for invading or not assisting Israel. Daniel’s 70th week of seven years is believed to then begin on November 8, 2010. 1260 inclusive days later is the Feast of Firstfruits, or known as Easter, and the time it is believed the Antichrist is healed from his deadly wound.

I'm glad this prediction has drawn a line in the sand a lot closer than normal prediction dates seen on this site. Although I do not believe any of the information provided from this link, we'll know if this is to be thrown on to the Hoax shelf soon enough.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MeSoCorny

I think the thing was that if the rapture comes on Sat the 11th, NZ or Aus time, it will actually be Friday the 10th for many.

So, some of us may be blindsided 2 to 12 hours before we expect the rapture to happen, while others might be lulled into a sense of false security as Sunday the 12th rolls around with no rapture...yet it will still be the 11th in some parts of the world....

Look forward to reading this thread Monday

edit: dates

[edit on 6-9-2010 by cloudbreak]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Well they are the chosen ones and probably have him on speed dial.There is only room for so many ,someone has to miss out.Why are they even telling people about this?Next thing you know every man and his dog will want a seat on the jesus express .

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I aint worried, I know i am condemned to the pit of fire....I accept this

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudbreak

Yes yes, well just pencil it down for the 10-12th. Best not plan anything major on those days. . . unless it's like, you know, repenting or something.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

It doesn't make a lot a sense to create a thread entitles Rapture to occur next week', state in your very brief text, there's '4 days remaining', THEN say you don't think it will happen that soon??!

What exactly is the point of your thread?

Misleading, fear mongering title, same about the comment of 4 days, then you contradict your own thread by saying you don't think it will happen!?

Maybe i'll make a thread called 'Earth to be smashed to bits in one hour!'

Then say, one hour remaining folks!

Then, although, i don't think it will be in an hour...

Blimey.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I aint worried, I know i am condemned to the pit of fire....I accept this

Me too.
I'm number 144,001.

Obligatory 2nd line.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MeSoCorny

I've penciled it in, but I don't think I will be attending. In any case, if the rapture zaps up all the ultra-religious, won't that kind of be good in some ways? Perhaps less in-fighting, bickering and more resources to share with less people around.

Will watch this one from the safety of the pub over a few beers

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join