It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Explodes During a BBC Television Interview

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darktalon

He should not be asked about his sexual relationships with anyone, it's his business. At least IMO.
Then he should not have ran for PUBLIC office. He answers to the people, we just don't elect a position, we elect the man. Its not about the acts, its about the lack of honesty and lack of integrity(always great to know our leader lacks those qualities).

I think this is an odd statement. Nobody is asking Bush is he's having good relations with Laura. I don't think sexuality should necessarily be on the docket just because you're a public servant. And it we're gonna lay Clinton bare (pun intended) for what he did, I think it's high time the "Sex life of the presidents" book was written. Bush senior has skated for years without being heaviy pressed about that close secretary of his. Kennedy clearly falls in there. It's one thing to require leaders to meet a certain standard...it's another to imply that Bill is an exception to the rule. I think he's the rule. I think people in power get away with dicey behavior regularly. Not that it's good...but it wasn't impeachable before him.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
The thing is, this guy is plugging a book, so he better get used to answering those questions. I think that it was nobodys business while he was in office. Now he's trying to make some coin, so it's open season.

Congratulations you nailed it right on the head, the former President is no dummy, he will pull all kinds of "pressworthy" quips & quotes to make sure his name and his book are "in the news" as much as possible.

He also wrote at least 1 full chapter on the Lewinsky affair if not more so I don't think it bothers him one bit to hear questions about it.

Look below the surface and you will see "Slick Willie" is still the master of the media.

SP-edit

[edit on 22-6-2004 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Looks like Clinton is starting to shape-shift!

Notice the brown on his cheek, nose, and back of neck.
I know people blush when angry, but this is beyond that.

From this source

[edit on 22-6-2004 by Mountain Man]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
He is beginning to disintegrate, just like Al Gore and Teddy Kennedy. Blaming the BBC, the rest of the press, everyone, anyone, except for himself.

This must be what happens to democrats when they get called to task.

I wonder how Teddy is going to react when they open the Democratic National Convention in Boston on July 26, and he is reminded that July 26 was Mary Jo Kopechne's birthday. How fitting that the DNC should be held in Boston.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Bill's book seems to be missing a lot of detail about the lovely Monica. She is mentioned a total of 16 times in the book.

www.reuters.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Sure...Bill Clinton was a great president..........

" Bill Clinton- When we got organized as a country and we wrote a fairly radical Constitution with a radical Bill of Rights, giving a radical amount of individual freedom to Americans ... And so a lot of people say there's too much personal freedom. When personal freedom's being abused, you have to move to limit it.

Bill Clinton- We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans...

Bill Clinton- You can't say you love your country and hate your government.

Bill Clinton- A lot of wonderful people love their country and hate the military."

Excerpted from.
Bill Clinton quotes

He wanted to ban guns from ordinary Americans also, saying that only the police and the military should have guns.... Sure....a good president........

[edit on 23-6-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Everyone here is forgetting that what brought on the impeachment is not that he had an affair, but he lied to a grand jury about it. There were questions about whether he asked others to lie about it to Ken Starr, and whether he used his influence in office to cover up his lies. Clinton went on and said that the investigation cost some $70 million dollars, well, I bet it would have been less than that by a far sight if he had come right out and admitted that he had that affair instead of lying to everyone and making the Starr Commission prove that he lied to the grand jury. I can forgive the affair, but lying about it when your hand is in the 'cookie jar' and unnecessarily dragging out an investigation is asking too much.

Sure, it was a private matter, but lets not forget that this was all brought on by his denial that he accosted Paula Jones while Governor of Arkansas. The grand jury was seeking to establish a pattern of behavior which brought up the Lewinsky scandal. He lied to the grand jury in that case and that is what brought the impeachment.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
What triggered this outburst was the fact that the BBC interviewer asked him "If you knew that you were under the spotlight by Ken Starr, etc., why did you go ahead and have an affair?"

This is when Slick Willy lost it, and blamed the media, etc. He actually referred to the BBC as a far-right publication.

Clinton has actually referred to his impeachment as a "badge of honor."

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Can't justify bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior. He got busted and lied. It's disturbing because you instantly wonder how many other times he earnestly looked into the camera and lied about more important things.

BUT...

As for the topic here, he's out selling books and drumming up publicity. He was the center of one of the biggest sex scandals in modern politics. He has to expect that these questions will be asked aggressively. That's the breaks!

Side note on Monica, though it's off topic: I always thought she was cute. And she's certainly not the first young woman to make a bad choice. When you're that young and the most powerful man in the free world shows interest in you, you're probably gonna take it up. I don't think her affair with Clinton was foolish, I think talking about it was. With a little age and experience, she might have been able to turn it into something very profitable.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I have only seen the clips on Foxnews but I personally do not think he "lost it". I mean Howard Dean, he lost it and we saw that. Bill was mad because Ken Starr spent 75 million dollars investigating him and puting people in jail, etc. Also I seem to remember Bush being far more "angry" at different times. You should have lived in Texas when he was running for govenor.

Anyway I think saying he blew up or went off is overstating it a bit. Also let's remember we are seeing edited footage. For all we know there were more questions, etc we don't see. I think we have all seen the BBC take a more anti-american point of view in the last year, why would they be any different now.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
As stated above by many, and still not understood by some.

Bill Clinton is somehow mad at Ken Star and the media, for investigating the scandal he created, and for spending 70+ million doing it, and for continuing to bring it up.

What Bill Clinton should be saying is, I caused Ken Star to investigate it, and caused him to spend 70+ million doing it. I should not have lied to him, to the grand jury, and to the people. He swore on the bible, and before a nation, and fricking lied through his teeth.

I could careless if he wants to cheat on his wife. I do care if my President has enough moral character to keep his willy in his pants, or atleast is smart enough not to bring this crap to our door step. I 100% care if my President lies, and the fact that he can't take full blame for his actions, and the effects of those actions, even after it's all in the open is disappointing to say the least.

Ummm and this was the only scandel during his term? How quickly we forget White water, and the pardons of family members. Not to meantion he took us to more military engagements then any other president in history, and won/solved NONE. The guy was a spinless slimball through and through. I'm sorry but if he's your definition of a great leader, and a good president, then I'm sorry you have such low expectations.

Torque hit it on the head,

Can't justify bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior. He got busted and lied. It's disturbing because you instantly wonder how many other times he earnestly looked into the camera and lied about more important things.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I'm going to admit my bias right off...I like Clinton. I saw the 60 Minutes interview--and Oprah interview...both had tough questions bout the scandal. I kept wishing they would get to the heart of his personal story bout his step-dad and all that, Oprah did a lil but she stayed with the scandal for most the hour.

As for his blow-up, I think it was prolly the idea that he wasn't being real about his remorse that pissed him off. I can't blame him for that. It's good that he's finally getting a lil mad. The media is sour and all about sensationalism. The reporter got what he wanted and I'm sure his managers are all smiles.

P.S. Clinton is so dope, and I hope he gets to be First husband that would be wicked payback for the witch-huntin, playa hatin republicans! And Hillary as the first woman president! The big payback! James would have to perform at the inauguration ball. Okay, I need to calm down I'm getting too excited.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Notice the question he blew up on was about did he feel repentant about the whole thing with Lewinsky.

OF COURSE HE DIDN'T. THATS WHY HE BLEW UP, DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing he regrets is getting caught.

And Im sorry, folks, but he was an elected offical. His private life is everyones biz. He is held to a higher standard of ethics and behavior than the rest of us serfs are. hes the head honcho.

The reason his creative uses of cigars were so actively prosecuted because we desperately wanted to get rid of him. he was slick willy. We tried to nail him on China Gate, White Water, Filegate, but the slickster wormed his way out of both because he was simply clever and knew how to cover is butt. Too bad he didnt use the same discretion with his penis policies.

I wanna see the interview. Clinton is one man I enjoy kicking, especially when he is down. I shall never forgive him for what he did to our armed forces.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I think this is an odd statement. Nobody is asking Bush is he's having good relations with Laura. I don't think sexuality should necessarily be on the docket just because you're a public servant. And it we're gonna lay Clinton bare (pun intended) for what he did, I think it's high time the "Sex life of the presidents" book was written. Bush senior has skated for years without being heaviy pressed about that close secretary of his. Kennedy clearly falls in there. It's one thing to require leaders to meet a certain standard...it's another to imply that Bill is an exception to the rule. I think he's the rule. I think people in power get away with dicey behavior regularly. Not that it's good...but it wasn't impeachable before him.

Um, Take a good look at george Bush Jr. I think its safe to say that man is pretty sexless. I have often speculated that Laura got pregnant by Dubya humping her leg, cuz its plain hes too stupid to figure out where the puntang is at. lets just say, given the fact the man cant chew pretzels or ride a scooter, he probably wouldnt know what to do with a chick is she came up, wiggled, and sat on his face.

His dad was tolerated. Since people werent paticularly spiteful of George Senior, no one really cared if he was banging his secretary. Kennedy was a very popular prez. Everyone knew what a total womanizer he was. But no one cared cuz they liked him.

Nobody except cross dressing democrats who fanticized about a threesome with Liberace and Janet Reno liked Clinton.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I don't know Skadi, Laura Bush is still pretty hot if you ask me. I bet GWB is still taking care of business on that front.

If, as you say he is sexless, then at least we know we won't have to worry about Intern scandals.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The reason they went after Clinton over the Lewinsky affair was that if they actually went after him for the high crimes he is guilty of, the whole Iran/Contra house of cards would've come crashing down. As the governor of Arkansas during that time period, he was dealing with all those operatives from the other side of the aisle. Too many biggies would've been dragged down with him. During those years, Clinton was poppy Bush's boy all the way. Down at Mena, Clinton was up to his eyeballs in money laundering and drug and arms smuggling, not to mention his own personal debaucheries. (You're right Skadi, he was only sorry over the Lewinsky matter because he was caught. And who even believes that BS about how Hillary made him sleep on the couch? Give me an f-ing break!
)

A great book on the Mena-Iran Contra connection is:
Compromised: Clinton, Bush and the CIA by Terry Reid

I highly recommend it. It pretty much lays it all out, with mucho relevent documentation to back it up.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I've always thought that Laura was the best thing going for Dubya. I've been hearing lately about little things regarding her.. like she's a smoker - but will never let any camera catch her at it. (It's a wonder she's not smokin' crack bein' married to him. You know she reads!)

She disagrees with him on certain issues, too, which shows she's not some dumb stepford wife. I just think he doesn't listen to her like he should. He'd be a much better man. His daughters are opposed to the war, too. Or at least, Barbara Jr. is, according to Vanity Fair.

Then, there are those pesky rumers about Dubya bein gay. I don't know what to believe anymore. After the revelations of the Abu Ghraib prison torture came out, I've been thinking.. yeah, these turkeys are completely sadistic and probly are closet homos. Maybe that's why Bilderburg and Bones meetings are so secret. They're busy humpin' each other beneath the big owl.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
ECK

I've always thought that Laura was the best thing going for Dubya. I've been hearing lately about little things regarding her.. like she's a smoker - but will never let any camera catch her at it. (It's a wonder she's not smokin' crack bein' married to him. You know she reads!)

That's the funniest line I've heard here!
You're not far off the truth! And he probably doesn't listen to her enough, either.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

From ECK
As the governor of Arkansas during that time period, he was dealing with all those operatives from the other side of the aisle.
This I have never heard of, though I'm not saying your wrong. But I find it hard to believe a governor(not an international office, nor a federal position) would have anything to do with Iran/Contra. I'll be looking it up.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Well, I know see how they think he was alligned in the whole thing, still unable to find any crediable source. Speculation, and conspiracy sites are all I can find. Still looking, if anyone has any links from crediable sources with proof, don't need speculation. I don't care for Clinton, and I think he's a slimball, but I still believe in proof before decision.

[edit on 24-6-2004 by Darktalon]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join