It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why people don't like the United states of America.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This was probably expected by Sinter, and does not surprise me one bit, but the American ego is running thick through this thread and kind of proves his point for him.

"Haters will always hate, just means they envy us."
"You got your own dirt, anyways, its the media's fault for all these atrocity's....(turns of computer) hey honey, my favorite show coming on, wheres my dinner?" lol
"I didn't realize how much the rest of the world was obsessed with America until I joined ATS!" LOL, really?

Ughhh...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I see the world as equal to America, I believe in American exceptionalism but not the one that Bush pushed on America and the world.

I like really like Europeans, I get along with you guys better than my fellow Americans. You remind me of the lower working class Americans, the only Americans I get along with.

The way I see it is that if you hate your country being destroyed by McDonalds then teach your fellow (Dutch) to not eat that crap. There is nothing you can actually do about our governments involvement in your country but maybe you should take up the torch against NATO, WTO and UN or whichever you see as invasive.

Americans are not worried about what we do to the rest of the world, we don't care what they think. Actually a lot believe that everyone wants to be an American. (Obviously not me!) But do you see what I mean? Don't expect America to change, you are going to have to change your country.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
[edit on 9/6/2010 by Misoir]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I don't watch TV.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Thank you I understand your point. A friend recently told me the rest of the world isn't really an issue. Not in a negative way, but more like there isn't much in the media about the rest of the world unless the USA is involved.

Let me explain myself to you.

I see myself as a world citizen. I grew up in world that got smaller every year. The end of the cold war. Clinton who was very popular here as he gave a human face ( to me at least but it could be my age at the time ) the combined efforts for peace in former Yougoslavia. The return of Hong Kong to China. China opening up its borders. And...
even 9-11 as it hit me like a sledge hammer at the time. I remember everything that day to the smallest detail. The pain, misery and suffering made me feel sorry for the casualties and their families and everyone else that was human I hope. grief I would compare to be the same as the loss of a family member.

I do not have any problems with you or any ather American and I do not think I would mind if th US foreign policies did not change. Why should I ? I live in peace and I do not know poverty. There is just that little voice inside that keeps screaming that the one telling us to shoot the monster is the monster itself and this monster has been the one that feeds us, clothes us and takes care of us. But what should I care I'm living a good life right ?

The reason for me to try and make people aware is because you can make a difference. Just like that. The strategy divide and conquer only works for as long
people let themselves get divided.

I'm not only trying to let haters see another perspective. ( What some of you totally blew by the way ) I also want you and other Americans to learn and see because in the end, you, the American public will be the once facing the consequences. From here it looks as some of you are already victim of the system and it does not seem to end very soon.

I also do not like that to happen. The knife cuts on both ends you know.

Mac Donalds just not eat the stuff...
You do know I just used it as example right.

Anyway

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Until I joined ATS I never realized how obsessed people over the world are with the U.S.
Is "obsessed" too strong a word?
Hm. No, seems to fit rather nicely.
Oh, well. I supposed we are a rather fascinating bunch.

I'll take it you understand I mean well ?

I do like to comment what you posted actually.

I'm not so much obsessed by America, really. It's just that everywhere I look America is present or shows up. Shoes, radio, movies, the internet, TV, the news, the Middle East. Everywhere.

As if my world is build around your country.

I'll have to say for about 95 % of the time I like what I see. Can't we just try and make it 100 %

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

If you hate us so much why do you buy all of those things?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

As one who has been known to take the odd shot at US policy on this site, I really feel compelled to pipe up on this subject. I'm not even going to start to catalog the great achievements that have come out of America...that list would be endless.

I will attest to the fact that the vast majority of Americans that I meet, both in Canada and on their own turf, are good people. Generous, helpful, friendly, proud. Passing through small-town America and seeing the streets festooned with red, white, and blue is a feast for the eyes and good for the soul. Hey, God Bless America!!

But you know, sometimes y'all could lighten up a little, eh?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
America is many different cultures and religions existing together.
Each state has it's own personality, and favorite regional foods. I have lived in six states, none of them were even remotely similar. Moving around 14 times in fifty years was stressful. The average Americans work hard trying to create nice family life, getting everyone educated with straight teeth. Most people don't read books on new ideas, history, or
world polictics. Most of us are unhappy with how our government acts and treats people. All people.
We have all walks of life here, some good, some bad. Supposedly, we are all people of all the countries. We are a work in progress being only 400 years old. I am sure we will need to start working on revising government policies repeatedly. Many people really do have good intentions, balance needs to be achieved. Due to the nature of humans being animals we do have our problems to overcome daily.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I agree. There are also a lot of good things from American soil. However I do not appreciate if you would make a list here... As it isn't the point of this thread.

This one is about the the bad stuff...

I summed up a list of stuff that are on there own probably not even bad decisions on its own. Yet all of them together or even a part can cause hate.

Again I do not hate !Actually I'm a little shocked that others still think I hate. It leads away from discussing the issues.

Please do not mistake me for a negative person as it is only the thread that has a negative topic.

I could of course devote my next thread to all the good things America has done...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

That is just it... What future ?

What is there to grow, learn, gain and win, when you live in a world full of hostility towards your nation ? Mostly because of your nations actions...

I read it all the time. America will fall, Civil war, Hate to America.Why would you want to back up a nation that harms itself by harming others ?

I've read that there are Americans that don't even care about what happens outside their beloved country. Although I think this is a selfish and egoistical point of few. I'm Ok with it, but stay home and don't get involved if you don't care. Why would someone not care ?

So less ?? My grandparents spend every second Christmas in another home for almost 60 years.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Please do not mistake me for a negative person as it is only the thread that has a negative topic. I could of course devote my next thread to all the good things America has done...

Well, you can rest assured you'd end up with lot's of people insisting upon telling you what's wrong with America, instead. Thanks for a thought provoking thread, just the same.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

we don't have a say in how our country is run and neither does anyone else

This is where I disagree.

You do have a say cause without you they would have nothing to say in the first place.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
the problem with the US is that they use this image that they are the defenders of freedom, but they are completely the opposite of that

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by MrsBlonde

we don't have a say in how our country is run and neither does anyone else

This is where I disagree.

You do have a say cause without you they would have nothing to say in the first place.

true I should qualify that, we do but that takes work we have to write congressmen and get them to pay attention not as easy as it sounds

voting is senseless all we get is a choice be tween the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
bi@*$ing and complaining is where it's at and not nearly enough of us do that

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Some intersting points, I think ignorance on both sides have a lot to do with it. For example, hillbilly4rent stated the only thing he could think of to hate the Dutch was Nokia, Nokia is a Finnish company so he kind of prooves that point.

Many Americans couldnt give a toss about what happens outside of the US, and this is shown to the rest of the world breeding anomosity and the thinking that Americans are stupid. However, what we do not see is a lot of other countries have the same blinkered view yet it is not advertised or plastered on youtube everywhere.
My ´hating´ of America stemmed from ignorance, then I started researching and talking to some, on ATS i might add. I found that the majority of people are the same no matter what nationality. Some are ignorant, some are angry yet some are completely the opposite.

People generally fall into a varied amount of catorgries regardless of culture and country, its foriegn policy, governments and the media that are the real problem.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I dont even have to read the OP to know thw answer or at least think i do.

Yes all the wars have played a major part in it, the wars the US did not need to get involved in or start.
There is also the dominant side in which the US government has known for along time it is quite dominant in world affairs but what good does it ever really do?
From outside perspective it is and has been the US Government, not the US people that i have an issue with. Then of course there is the secrecy and lies all in the name of national security?

Perhaps a one world government is a direction we should look to but a fair government. At least then there would be no excuse for so many cover ups.
What about the US Health system? Even with Obamas changes it still isnt any better. I am proud to be an Australian and know that when i get sick i dont have to worry whether i have health insurance, i will know that my government will take care of my health, the same goes for the majority of European nations and many many others around the world.

I think it has been leaders that have let the US down, i am still amazed the president Bush made as long as he did, Obama through all his amazing speeches has not really done much do far, nothing amazing anyways.

I could go on and on but i stress that my problem isnt with the citizens of America, it's the goverment, the over budget military, the corporations that work with the government.
The secrets and lies, the technology that we wont hear about for 50 years and the programs we will never hear about.
As great and mighty as the US is or more once was, i still think it's heading in a bad direction and needs someone to come along to save it and renew it's glory in the world.

Some of you guy's should take a holiday down to Aus, ill shout ya a beer, it's really laid back here and very relaxing

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

You forgot to add Venezuela, or other South American nations which had revolutions against Western puppets. The US is an empire, it doesn't just consist of the US, it holds Europe under its control therefore hold Africa under its control through Europe, also holds the middle east under its control through Europe..

Last I remember Iraq had a Democratic government of Qassim, but the US with the help of CIA and the Baath party took it down and brought Saddam to power, and allowed Saddam to use Chemical weapons against Kurds, Shias and Iran, blocking the condemnation of these actions in UN.

Thumbs up US, just remember, what goes around comes around.. And When it does, cry me a river, I hope it is a damn big river, because your crimes has caused millions to suffer, hundreds of millions to be exact..

You can't dominate the world, because you are stuck in Afghanistan.

The grave yard of empires

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
One thing that always confuses me as a Brit is that the Britain was at least as guilty of interference in other countries, overthrowing foreign leaders, meddling with the middle east and mass slaughter yet as I understand it we weren't subject to the same level of international hatred, obviously by the time the empire was finishing and we were getting kicked out of everywhere that had changed, but it seems that the Brits aren't judged that harshly at all even retrospectively.

Is it just a case of a change in attitude to imperialism?

[edit on 5-9-2010 by davespanners]

[edit on 5-9-2010 by davespanners]

Well, actually time heals all wounds. I mean, the British ultimatum of 1822 addressed to Portugal was shameful and dishonest. The way you treated indians in India was the same. The tea wars were the same. I mean, England has done worse things and in greater scale than America FOR THEIR TIME for sure (I mean, we and you have more than a 1000 years of history than the U.S., so it's natural that we did f up a lot more, me guesses), the thing is some were such a long time ago most people don't know it or don't remember anymore. Since the U.S. deeds are being done today, and thanks to the massive information we have these days, it's natural they are hated. I don't blame americans for the war, but I certainly blame them for their government (I mean... you put it there where it is, now didn't you?).

I sometimes am too harsh when talking about americans, maybe because of personal intelectual arrogance, because, and truth be told, americans tend to focus of what happens in america, period. Americans aren't good or educated regarding multiple things, but they excel in their areas of expertise, which is their way of doing things. What buggers me the most, though, is the attitude: we are the greatest nation in the world, we must be the best at everything (and you're certainly very good at effin up, I say), we must have the widest, larger, most expensive EVERYTHING (I mean, I've been to quite some countries and I tell you that I have never seen any other selling 2.64 gallons of Orange Juice in a single recipient, nor anywhere else exists a gallon of milk), ... maybe it's your life style, but let me tell you it's quite absurd and nihilist.

As for patriotism: we're all patriots, I love my country, you love yours, fair enough. The main difference is that you are being sent to Iraq not because of your country, nor your freedom, but to ensure the next generation of americans get their oil at the cheapest price possible, and by doing that you fill someone's pockets in the process. You shouldn't believe everything that your country tells you, as you surely know, but yet you keep on doing it. I won't die for a barrel of oil, nor for a lunatic's revenge, and I'd promtply tell my country to F*CK OFF if I felt it wanted me to do something imoral. I'd surely run away, and think not this is being a coward: a coward is someone who takes advantage on another when that another can't defend himself, THAT IS A COWARD! Which is what you've been doing in Iraq and Afghanistan regarding civilians, and in Guantanamo Bay, etc. I deny entering a war (and you aren't even in a war, but in an illegal state of terrorism that wan't approved by your congress. That brings to mind the word "convenient") that IN NO WAY helps my country, me or my compères.
There's plenty of looney war and military supporters around ATS, which usually make me laugh for the amount of nonsense that their esophagus expand, but still it makes me laugh a bit. What I don't understand is why so stubborn. Was it for a greater cause or end, and I'd understand, but never when it comes to annihilation or greed. Look inside to find a terrorist. You definitely will. Peace.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Faustian Spirit]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
USA = Evil Empire.

So if you live here, either embrace it or leave.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join