It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1880 very descriptive UFO sighting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
reply to post by virraszto

marine phosphorescent wheels

I searched these and its a shame no on seems to have any pics.

Just diagrams to explain away sightings..

Most on ATS say "show me the pic or it didn't happen"

So, does anyone have a pic of these things??

www.science-frontiers.com...

I have to agree - proof goes both ways. Time for the debunkers to come up with some photos of their plankton if they're going to say this is a just a boring natural occurrence.

Cuz, I'm just saying, I'm pretty sure people at sea in the 1880s had plenty of time to get to know the water and they're clearly impressed and perplexed by this.

As hard as it is for some to believe in USOs / UFOs - I have to admit, I find the debunkers can be equally as ridiculous with their stretched suggestions in protest.

Glowing plankton in a jet stream sounds cool but recognizable to sea faring types.

Spinning wheels with spokes as the same thing... and the flying lanterns Columbus saw as also the same plankton again... really?

Yeah - this time debunkers it is your turn to give us some glowing plankton photos that sailors could refer to as enormous, spinning, wheels with spokes.

Your turn.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Sightings from this period can rule out experimental military aircraft.
From what the witness describes as huge glowing wheels at each side of the ship rotating with an audible noise is something not from planet earth.

Nice find indeed. S&F

[edit on 5/9/10 by Ezappa]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

How do these Marine phosphorescence look like 500 yard wide wheels with spokes.
Also the distinctive noise of the spinning spokes in the these wheels.

[edit on 5/9/10 by Ezappa]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

These sightings have been documented for centuries only modern debunking man usually says it's due to their lack of science and/or vocabulary and explaining things correctly.
Christopher Columbus (you know, the slave trader-killer and person who did not discover America) documented his sightings too. At least something useful came from that man!

Christopher Columbus and Pedro Gutierrez while on the deck of the Santa Maira, observed, "a light glimmering at a great distance." It vanished and reappeared several times during the night, moving up and down, "in sudden and passing gleams." It was sighted 4 hours before land was sighted, and taken by Columbus as a sign they would soon come to land.
www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername
Glowing plankton in a jet stream sounds cool but recognizable to sea faring types.

Unless they had unfamiliar with the phenomenon. Simply being on the sea or even working there does not make you an expert on all marine phenomenon. Even in the 20th century that the sea can glow is not common knowledge.

Originally posted by trusername
Yeah - this time debunkers it is your turn to give us some glowing plankton photos that sailors could refer to as enormous, spinning, wheels with spokes.

Perhaps you missed the videos posted by Chadwickus? Perhaps you missed the articles that Azzllin posted. Or are you just ignoring them?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezappa
How do these Marine phosphorescence look like 500 yard wide wheels with spokes.

Once again it seems the articles and videos posted in this thread have been ignored...

Originally posted by Ezappa
Also the distinctive noise of the spinning spokes in the these wheels.

There was no noise. The article states...

One could almost fancy one heard a swish as the spokes whizzed past the ship.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Sounds a lot like luminescent plankton...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
200-300 yard spokes moving around a 500-600 yard diameter wheel in about 12 seconds.

They were precise on the revolution time, which means they watched carefully and counted.

It could possibly be "marine phosphorescence", but the behavior doesn't seem to match any of the videos posted by Chadwickus.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

do you think it matches the description of the Wheels of Poseidon? en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm wondering if anyone could create an illustration from the description. I have no artistic skills at all, but would be interested to see how others would interpret this sighting.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

What do you think is the most reasonable explanations so far?

Honestly? No where near enough information to say..

The description is vague but considering the year thats not unexpected..

Too hard to call natural with the evidence provided..

I'll still called unidentified...And that "doesn't" mean a UFO as such...

Why would I need to show proof when my opinion is that this event is still a mystery as I have said many times.

I would need to show proof if I came up with a theory of what was seen..

No one so far has come up with a theory supported by proof..

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

CynicalM.....

The description is vague but considering the year thats not unexpected..

On the one hand…..

You say ”the description is vague”

On the other hand…..

You use the “specifics” in the brief report to refute the strong material offered in answer to the report.

That is to say, your postings continue to be riddled with mutually exclusive statements, thereby rendering your contributions of less value than they otherwise could be.

Why would I need to show proof when my opinion is that this event is still a mystery as I have said many times.

I humbly & respectfully suggest you carefully re-read your statement.

For your convenience, here it is again:

”Why would I need to show proof when my opinion is that this event is still a mystery as I have said many times"

Can you see why that approach causes your commentary to be of no value?

The best way to rectify this is to commence posting good quality material including references, strong sources, well expressed & salient points of debate, etc…

If you take your time & work away at this, you will eventually improve the standard of your material.

You will be a “better man” for that & you will also be helping ATS “be the best that it can be!”

No one so far has come up with a theory supported by proof..

That’s another thing I can help you with.

“Proof” is sometimes not going to be aligned with your preconceived position, as per that which you demonstrate by strong precedent & also despite your statements not to that effect.

If you would like, I can direct you to the work by Chadwickus & others in this thread, this work demonstrating extremely strong “proof” which is still “proof”, even though it does not align with your preconceptions.

If you would also like, I can direct you to a number of my own threads where high quality member contributions demonstrated I was incorrect about certain issues.

All in all…..we will all pitch in & try to help you!

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
interesting. But very believable. Especially since there weren't advanced tech planes... Or really any thing it could have been confused with. As for the description as a "wheel" with "spokes", whose to say that intelligent lifes technology has been evolving just as our own... Got to start with something right?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
200-300 yard spokes moving around a 500-600 yard diameter wheel in about 12 seconds.

They were precise on the revolution time, which means they watched carefully and counted.

It could possibly be "marine phosphorescence", but the behavior doesn't seem to match any of the videos posted by Chadwickus.

Sure it does. The waves created by the wake of the ship would occur at regular intervals. It is not random.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

The November 19, 1896 edition of the Stockton, California Daily Mail featured one of the earliest accounts of an alleged alien craft sighting.[8] Colonel H. G. Shaw claimed that while driving his buggy through the countryside near Stockton he came across what appeared to be a landed spacecraft.[8] Shaw described it as having a metallic surface which was completely featureless apart from a rudder, and pointed ends.[8] He estimated a diameter of 25 feet and said the vessel was around 150 feet in total length.[8] Three slender, seven foot tall, apparent extraterrestrials were said to approach from the craft while "emitting a strange warbling noise."

Interesting, as I've never heard of 'this' particular encounter till now.
I had an encounter with perhaps the same 3 Beings of which 'were' 7 ft. tall.
Not sure if they were the same Beings this fellow met though they didn't speak a word. They were Absolutely silent. There were no 'warbling sounds' either that I could recall.

They were telepathic and very serious by 'their' Nature.
It changed my life from then forward on so many levels my friends.
They are 'here' right now. I 'know' this to be true, so stick around.

I've explained in the past on ATS what had happened and my own Mother was to witness these 'beings'. It was truly an amazing experience.
I'd rather not rehash, though it's here on ATS for the searching if interested.

By the way, there Are multiple remnants of the Annunaki of Atlantis found all over the Earth. This Is true. There is a location off the coast of Cuba in 300 feet of water which bears witness to the phenomenon though there are multiple other locations found all over the Earth. I've actually seen this place though it's too deep to dive without special precautions being made.

Now imagine how different the world appeared back then. There were multiple land bridges back in that day of which made ET/man much more mobile and can explain how there are pyramids found on 'every' continent on Earth, otherwise know as Terra. Much more Truth to come folks soon enough as you will witness? Each in it's own time. 2012 is quite near my friends. It's not a hoax. Just prepare yourselves for it's not the End of the world. There is and will be alot of geological 'activity'. Prepare.

Stick around folks, it's about to get a whole lot more interesting from here forward. You are truly living in 'interesting' times as you will see soon enough.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
I'm wondering if anyone could create an illustration from the description. I have no artistic skills at all, but would be interested to see how others would interpret this sighting.

I found one...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f67382689022.jpg[/atsimg]

However, this illustration is of a 1883 encounter with a Wheel of Poseidon near Greenland.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

The craft obviously came from within the ocean as you can see from the illustration. The fountains are oxygen streams from the craft as it arised from the ocean floor. Perhaps there is 'good' reason the deep oceans remain such a mystery. Oh, this is to change soon enough.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Here is a more modern encounter 1982, of the Wheels of Poseidon phenomenon, this time in the China Sea. The linked website, Science-Frontiers, has descriptions of other modern sightings.

This website has a map of sightings by Dutch sailors in the modern era and goes into some of the theories about the causes the phenomenon.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perseus Apex
The craft obviously came from within the ocean as you can see from the illustration. The fountains are oxygen streams from the craft as it arised from the ocean floor. Perhaps there is 'good' reason the deep oceans remain such a mystery. Oh, this is to change soon enough.

If you read the provided link, you will see that those founts are not described in the encounter. They may be an artistic liberty, such as the jellyfish.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

The jellyfish could be explained by the jellyfish being Uplifted from the oxygen that became trapped beneath them causing them to rise.

It's strange in that there are some things I know that I don't feel comfortable revealing until the right time. The Awareness/Disclosure process is a reality of which is currently in motion and cannot be reversed. It Is/Was to Be though at it's own pace. Don't fight the River, 'your' River, my friends, for The River Knows, if you know what I mean.
Wild Child.....

Unfortunately, the 'hard core' man-made drugs did Jim In.
He struck a CHORD in many for 'Good' Reason. A personal favorite of mine.....
Take Care! folks.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Perseus Apex]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join