It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinny chicks: an Evil plot to dumb down the next generation?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I think I just confirmed my "bullied at school" theory.
Ladies and gentlemen I give you "Dr William Lassek"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e0e75918b13.jpg[/atsimg]

Yes this really is him!

[edit on 5-9-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

Not only that, there is the same issue with males with GI Joe dolls as women have with barbie. Neither portray realistic proportions.

Very few men can obtain a huge upper muscular figure with a smaller six pack waist and muscular legs.

and not only does the MSM portray an obsesion with weight, but an obsession with youth, which THAT, I think is changing a little.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
As a woman, I'm weary of a body snarking society. You cannot be too fat, you cannot be too skinny, you can't be too tall, too short...have short hair, have too long hair.... have body hair, small breasts, big breasts... small behind, big behind.

Where does it end?

Society props up model thin women as the epitome of beauty. Many women spend hours looking at models in magazines that are air brushed into perfection, wishing they looked like that. Alot of men read maxim, thinking that real life women should look like the air brushed models they see.

Personally? I wish it were illegal to air brush people in magazines. Then people would see reality. We'd see fine lines, or wrinkes. Imperfect bodies, bigger hips, or regular sized waists. Not even models themselves are perfect. We'd see cellulite, even on thin women.

We need to start supporting women and teaching young girls how to accept themselves and love themselves as they are.

A long time ago, once I stop buying all the rags off the super market shelves, my self confidence shot up higher than ever. You see, they don't make magazines for native women specifically.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by FortAnthem

The fat birds may be smarter than the skinny's...but most blokes don't want to listen to a list of periodic table elements while they're shagging do they?

Speak for yourself. Have you ever heard Nina Simone's version of this? www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

My two cents worth - in America, I'm afraid the evil plot to dumb down the next generation succeeded already.

As for skinny girls, I wish people would realize the value of being at a healthy weight. I've known too many girls with eating disorders.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by darkbake]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
More cushin for the pushin! I think any woman that thinks they have to be a certain size to get a lover is stupid already. A quick glance through history will show that views on what is beautiful change with time and perspective and is ruled by money and not actual ideas of beauty.
When you start walking down a path like that you end up being quite shallow and plastic, so whoever you find to love will be equally shallow and plastic, and I guess if that's all you want in life....who am I to judge? Let the sheeple starve themselves to stupidity! all in the name of beauty! Let the ugly fat weirdos inherit the earth! Seriously, what happened to feminism? Why do women pander to these glossy magazines to tell them how to live?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
As an aforementioned fat bottomed girl, it's awesome to see a study that supports how I have felt my entire life. Skinny chicks just seem.... duller... less able to carry on the types of conversations we need. Now, that's not to say all thin girls are stunted. My best friend is considered thin ( under 110 pounds ) but her hips are straight outta Egypt.

Awesome

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

All skinny women are stupid? What a waste of a thread. I hope you're not just bitter.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

In looking at the Asian physique as well as their diet. As well as their cognitive abilities.

Asian women don't have the rotund figures portrayed here but also produce offspring proven to excel in cognitive abilities.

It isn't a conspiracy, so much as it more so being American's lack of foods containing Omega 3's in their diet.

What is commonly found in most every Asian diet/meal ?

Seafood and Vegetables which ARE very rich in Omega 3's.

As far as Europeans, the lowest rates of Heart Attack victims were found to be amongst the Mediterranean countries of Greece,Italy,France,Spain and Portugal, who also regularly consume, Seafood and Olive Oil, both rich in Omega 3's.

So all in all, in looking at the Asian women as well as their slight physiques, it somewhat disputes these findings of this study but instead points to the poor diet of many Americans.

With the more rotund storing the few Omega 3 Fatty Acids consumed in the typical American diet.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by nh_ee]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Read David Jacob's "The Threat".

One war strategy used by the Romans, Vikings and even the English Kings was to pillage and rape the women - seed the women of your enemy with your DNA, so the next generation had a bit of you and yours in their blood.

Why? To truly assimilate the tribe you conquered. Also, you would never fight another group if you knew they were a part of your, “family”.

Look at pictures of people from say one hundred, even sixty years ago.............our DNA has changed, a little here, a little there.

Look closely at the pictures of people, not just in your family, Google old pictures and look at pictures where there were large numbers of people, now look at pictures recently taken with large groups of people and compare both.

Slightly, ever so subtlety, man has changed in physical appearances.

Those abduction stories may not all be BS.

Lastly, read my user name.

I won't revisit this post, I don't think my flame suite would hold up to the flaming this one post will receive.

No stars or applause for this post.

And it's just a possibility I have thrown out to think about not an absolute "truth" I know, just something to ponder and think about.

The videos below are 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 of 15.

Video 5 is where it get's very interesting. David Jacobs talks about how most of the serious UFO Researchers are getting old and it's not a promising career so there are very few young UFO researchers, he also talks about how mainstream media is getting more and more vicious in their verbal attacking of anyone that shows a interest in this.

Before anyone starts blasting away, please read the book and visit the videos.

There is more than one way to conquer a planet, you can run over the inhabitants with big machines, fire laser beams OR quietly assimilate them.

The latter takes longer but is much more effective in the long run.

Yes this is a really wild crazy idea to most, but again if you were to tell someone a hundred years ago that you could go from New York to LA in 5 hours and 11 minutes anyone back then would have called you nuts.

Or that there would be a cell phone the size of a deck of playing cards and you could call a person up in England or India from the US.

The possiblities are endless.

The link is here: www.youtube.com...

Just something to think about, the book "The Threat" can be gotten very cheap (Mine on Amazon used for under 5 bucks and it was a hard back, plastic covered library book.

Very interesting read.

Lastly. I have e-mail Dr. Jacobs back and forth a couple times, he comes off as very intellegent, honest to a fault and a very reality based person.

As this is a conspiracy site, I would love for ATS to try and interview him.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This study is flawed.

The weight of a person is probably 90% diet and lifestyle, and 10% genes. Maybe even 95-5. For example, someone who is 100 lbs overweight at the age of 20 can be 20 pounds underweight by the age of 25. Genes have little to do with it. Hell, diet & lifestyle even affect gene expression.

Intelligence is something far less malleable. It's almost entirely the result of a combination of genes and the environment in which one is raised. Once an adult, intelligence/IQ is more or less stable for life. Of course diet & lifestyle will affect it but not in a large way.

The study is trying to draw parallels between one factor - weight - that is almost completely dependent on diet and lifestyle, and another factor - intelligence - that is almost completely dependent on genes and upbringing.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I have an aunt that works at the River Centre Clinic in Sylvania Ohio, which is for girls and women with eating disorders. I've also talked quite extensively with Dr. David Garner, the man who more or less wrote the book on eating disorders. They both blame the media for the very large rise in eating disorders, and believe that it pushes girls to believe that beauty is a synonym for skinny and that if they're not thin, that they're lazy and should work harder (excessive exercise and starvation) in order to reach their goal.

My aunt made another very interesting point once, when she told me that it seemed as if the "model" size for women shrinks and grows alongside the power of women in our society. Women in the past always tended to be curvier as there wasn't nearly as much societal pressure to be thin, but once they gained the right to vote, with this newfound freedom you then eventually had flapper girls who were thin and wore more revealing outfits for the time. When World War 2 rolled around, women were stuck in the factories, and with the war going on, were no threat to the male power structure and then you had the rather robust "Rosie the Riveter" as their role model. In the idyllic 50's you had the family with the father at the head, and the curvy Marilyn Monroe was there.
Go forward to the late 60's and 70's with the women's liberation movement and then you started to see models like Twiggy and Edie Sedgwick come into play, and women started eating less to imitate them.

I'm not suggesting that there's some sort of conspiracy in play, or that people are consciously trying to make women skinny in order to maintain control over them-
BUT it may be somewhat of an unconscious drive by the male power structure to keep women subordinate.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Actually, it's much, much more related to genetics.
Everyone has a "healthy" weight, and for some, that may be what one would consider "fat" and for others, it may be what some consider "thin".
This "healthy" weight is the weight that your body always seems to go to when you eat regularly with a normal amount of exercise. The problem is that some people, who may have had bigger parents, won't except their healthy weight and then spend all of their waking time obsessing over it, trying to get to their "goal weight".
I'm somewhat rambling, but my point is that things such as your genetics, which tie directly into your metabolism- play about the same role in your size as lifestyle, diet and exercise do.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Even doing the eliptical machine and walking everyday I can only consume under 1,000 calories or I gain weight.

Scientists from Oxford and Cambridge say in their second discovery they have found new genetic variants that influence fat mass, weight and risk of obesity and increase the chances of being fat, which may explain why some people are always battling with their weight.
A team from Oxford's Genetics of Energy Metabolism (GEM) consortium and Oxford University have picked up a stretch of rogue DNA that is carried by more than a third of the population and increases the chances of becoming fat.

The research involved 77 institutions in six countries which analysed the DNA of 90,000 individuals from the UK, USA, France, Germany, Italy, Finland and Sweden.

It revealed that the effects of the rogue DNA are exacerbated by the presence of the FTO gene, discovered last year, which was the first widespread gene known to affect obesity.

They believe their discovery could explain why some people seem to effortlessly lose weight while others have a constant battle.

Source: www.news-medical.net...

You're wrong, if you plant a rose you get a rose not a sunflower.

I lived on a cattle farm and if you mate a fat female cow with a fat male bull your calfs will end up able to gain weight easier.

It's all in the genes.

Do some research on this.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

Yep, there are.

Something to do with a newish fad called 'metro-sexual' or some old tripe like that...not sure what it actually means, although i'm sure it has something to do with being able to smother themselves in anti-aging creams, carry handbags, wear effeminate clothes and use make up.

Basically, as i understand it (and that's not saying much), these men essentially live the life and have the mannerisms of a camp gay man, but are hetro in their partner preference? I don't know..something like that.

You're right, plenty of eating disorders became widespread during the 80's. There was a fair amount in the 70's too.

I don't understand it all really...if you're hungry eat..if you're not, don't..fairly straightforward as far as i'm concerned.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Well, I guess I love me some big omega 3 women! Nothing like a thick chick!

Small girls can be hot too IF they are porportional.

I HATE STICK GIRLS!

I've always put the stick girl / "waif" look to the fag (not gay) designers. The perves are into little boys and young teenagers to the point they make the girls look like'em. Sick. I liken it to the femininzation of our male children.

Bring me a "big boned" nordic / teutonic gal that can out fight me (or try
) any day! I respect a woman that is as strong in her convictions as she is at "wrestling".
At the end of the day, that lady you marry will be the one to watch and defend your children and home with you!

Choose wisely.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

Heheh..my wife just said pretty much the same thing!

She reckons the fat girls are classified as being smarter, simply because they were the one's ostracized and shunned at school, so their social lives pretty much revolved around study and schoolwork!

The slimmer girls were out partying and and having wayyy too much fun to worry about actually learning academic stuff.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
People say that starving yourself is a bad thing and people are harming themselves.

well i say it is good that people are starting to understand that being thin is normal, and healthier than being fat.

Obesity should never be a problem in a country, i think it is disgusting.

now im not saying anorexia is healthy, or attractive. I really think these people need education on how to live healthily.

link   

"What matters is the size of the hips relative to the waist." does translate to a woman with a fat ass having smarter kids. Go to Wal-Mart and tell me we have a load of potential einsteins coming out those women.

link   
reply to post by spikey

Metro Sexual is hardly a new term is it? Well unless you count 1994 (when the word was first used) as recent. It's basically like a normal man but they occasionally take a shower, brush their teeth and own some kind of clothing that isn't made of flannel or denim.
They also tend to think that a bag of charcoal briquettes isn't suitable as an anniversary present.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by davespanners]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join