It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awoken by strange ramblings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Hi,

Those of you who have read my posts will know i possess certain powers and believe certain things so i'm not going to go into detail again but recently while asleep (3 times over the last 6 months) i have felt what can only be described as warnings of an Earthquake or actual Earthquakes down below... I live in England and when i feel these rumbles i'm usually woken up but there are no reports in the news of any Earthquakes except maybe in other country's so i'm thinking maybe i'm having like some kind of prenomination of things to come elsewhere in the World... the latest one being NZ where i was actually awoken in the early hours by what i assumed to be an Earthquake... as i say though i live in England so to feel something on the other side of the Earth is impossible!!

Does being an Empath make me vunerable to such things too? I wonder...

Does anyone else have this happen with them?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I don't know...but I've certainly seen my fair share of "weird rumbling noise" threads where the source of the noise/vibrations can't be determined, I've always wondered about them...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Hi,

Those of you who have read my posts will know i possess certain powers

What kinds of powers do you have? Can you give me a demonstration?

i have felt what can only be described as warnings of an Earthquake or actual Earthquakes down below... I live in England and when i feel these rumbles

Sounds like the aftermath of curry and lagers!

i'm usually woken up but there are no reports in the news of any Earthquakes except maybe in other country's so i'm thinking maybe i'm having like some kind of prenomination

Earthquakes happen every day all throughout the world. I can predict there will be an earthquake tomorrow, and there will be one somewhere. However, I have no powers that I'm aware of.

IRM

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I can't give you a demonstration over the internet.... if you want to go through a few of my threads you'll see what i'm chatting about...

as for your snide comments... i don't like them.... why do you straight away not believe in me?

What have i done to you to make you feel this way?

I am just telling you what has been happening and there is no need for criticism!!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I can't give you a demonstration over the internet.... if you want to go through a few of my threads you'll see what i'm chatting about...

I only accept empirical evidence. I don't really put much weight in personal testimony. That's why I asked if you could give me a demonstration.

as for your snide comments... i don't like them.... why do you straight away not believe in me?

What have i done to you to make you feel this way?

The curry and lagers was honestly a joke mate! You're being overly sensitive. As for not believing in you, I don't automatically believe anyone. Don't take it personally. Again, that's why I asked if you could demonstrate your 'powers'.

I am just telling you what has been happening and there is no need for criticism!!

Earthquakes do happen every day. It's not a criticism of you, it's a fact that neither of us can change. Therefore I believe it would be hard for you to ascertain whether you can predict them or not given they are guaranteed to happen.

If your claim is that you have powers, then you have to expect people to ask for a demonstration of those powers. Don't you agree?

IRM

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Ok, i see your point but it really is difficult to prove something which is invisiible so i can only point you to this thread of mine: www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are other threads i've created and i've also commented on other members threads about my abilities!

The next time i have a pre-cog moment i shall post a thread about it and message you to comment.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

The next time i have a pre-cog moment i shall post a thread about it and message you to comment.

That would be great! Feel free to contact me any time!

IRM

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The earlier posters comments may or may not have been 'snide', but they have a point, there are on average 35,000 Earthquakes per day, and one Earthquake every three days that causes damage to buildings, so unless you can predict an 8.5+ and give the place and time then I fear your Earthquake powers are flawed.

Butch

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by butch_uk

Certain Animals and Insects know when there will be storms, Earthquakes or other things happening so why can't humans?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
ok, i had to bring this thread of mine back up as yesterday this thread was posted and i think there could be some relevance between my thread posted on 4th sept and this thread posted yesterday:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe i should have posted mine in the 'fragile earth' forum or 'predictions' which would have gained more of a response.... also the title og thread should have been 'warnings of an Earthquake???'

IN FACT IF THE MODS CAN MOVE IT TO EITHER 'FRAGILE EARTH' OR 'PREDICTIONS' THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!

edit on 12-9-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: Adding some text

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I felt the aftershock of one of the very big Earthquakes that they had in Greece in 1999.

I was miles and miles away from the epicenter but It was one of the strangest sensations I have ever felt, My feet were telling me that the ground was moving, but my brain didn't really accept that and thought that I must be moving, It's a lot like being very drunk.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
There are a few options here to consider.

First of all, it's quite possible that you are sensing earthquakes. The British Geological Society states that there are between 150-200 earthquakes in the UK and surrounding waters every year.

www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk...

Perhaps you are more sensitive to them than most other people? I've noticed that with a few of the (verifiable) tremors we have felt in my area during the night, I have always woken up instantly whereas my wife sleeps through them.

There are also several other things that can create a similar feeling. Again, from my own experience, I've seen lorries on roads that are some distance from us cause a rumbling sensation in the property.

The other thing that I've noticed much more in recent years (I guess due to changing flight paths/frequency) is that aircraft can cause a very similar effect in certain situations.

There are probably several other possibilities, but these are ones that I can draw on from my own experience.

As for the issue of timing, I think that there are enough earthquakes happening around the world that, from time to time, you will find that your feelings correlate with a recorded event of high magnitude. I suppose if you could compare how often you feel "rumbling" with how often there is a significant earthquake reported, it might give you more data to consider in this regard.

There seem to be a lot of quite reasonable explanations that should be addressed/discounted before moving on to a paranormal explanation. I'm not saying that what you are experiencing is not paranormal, but simply that you have lots of things to eliminate before reaching that kind of conclusion.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You certainly have some kind of prediction gift

I've known you for quite a long time and I know your predictions tend to come true, this earthquake one being just one of many. !!!

As soon as I heard about the earthquake police training, I just knew that a biggie was coming our way, and my vibes are telling me it is 2011....

Keep me posted Truth because I think you may find your " gift " intensifies over the next couple of years.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

hmmm..... well, its possible England could have a big Earthquake, why not?

With me though i'm still not sure whether i actually heard this rumbling or whether i was still dreaming as i woke... if you know what i mean.... i'm pretty sure it was happening and i did hear the rumblings of an Earthquake.... i dunno.... i'm up on the second floor so it could have just been a premonition type event of things to come....

2012 is supposed to be the year everything goes belly-up so i guess only time will tell....

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

reply to post by uk today
hmmm..... well, its possible England could have a big Earthquake, why not?

More than possible. Magnitude 4.0 - 4.9 occur every 2 years on average, while magnitude 5.0+ occur every 8 years on average.

This page from the BGS is a list of the 14 UK-affecting earthquakes generated in the last 30 days alone, ranging from 0.8 to 3.5 in magnitude. I think the page is generated automatically each time you access it, so the information may have changed by the time you click the link.

A "big one" (by UK standards) is unlikely in the very near future based on a rough glance at the averages - but in reality this is little more than guesswork dressed up in some numbers. The following information might help the debate in that respect.

There was a 5.2 recorded as recently as February 2008, while we had a 4.7 recorded in September 2002. The last 5.0+ prior to 2008 was a 5.1 recorded in April 1990. Only 6 years before that, a 5.4 was recorded in July 1984.

The earthquake preparation by the police seems quite sensible now

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EvillerBob

Thanks for the info.... it seems that we have a 5. something on occassion or close to it... from 1984 the pattern is:

Hmmmm..... i wonder if there could be one in 2014.

edit on 14-9-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: added text

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Amazingly enough (or not, depending on your point of view), this article suddenly appeared on the news today...

The earthquake hazard to London has been under-appreciated, say scientists at the British Geological Survey.

They have looked at the history of tremors in the UK and have come to the conclusion that the vulnerability of its capital is far greater than many people recognise.

Link to BBC News article

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by EvillerBob

I have to bring this post back up for those who were doubting my words.... check whats happened since i posted this thread way back last year.....

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

IN FACT IF THE MODS CAN MOVE IT TO EITHER 'FRAGILE EARTH' OR 'PREDICTIONS' THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!

edit on 12-9-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: Adding some text

It wont get moved because your bringing in something paranormal into the mixture of things. you cant prove over the net you have these abilities even if you did it would still be under something paranormal.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
People mentioned rumblings to Dutchsinse (a YouTube'r who's channel I follow) by New Jersey (US) so Dutch did some research and found that a "2" earthquake happened there. So those of you who experienced rumblings near New jersey...........

top topics

join